Away kit officially launches

Not a big fan. (Which I’m almost happy about, because I bought 3 kits last year and I’m too old for it). 1 it’s too similar in some ways to last years 3rd kit and 2 that weird bit on the collar is giving me bad flashbacks to the crap kits we had with Blackthorn as the sponsor.

Its navy.
It’s black.
I couldn't be arsed with the moans of the other thread to see if it had already been mentioned, but is there a reason behind the use of black as our away colours? Normally white with a black third strip.
Not sure why it’s out away kit, but it’s meant to pay heritage to our Govan roots - maybe going for a different kind of 3rd kit (the much rumoured lilac one)

Genuinely not sure if serious for folk still questioning the colour, but for avoidance of doubt - from the email from the club promoting it:

"RANGERS will debut their new, Castore away kit for the 2021/22 season in tomorrow’s pre-season friendly with Brighton and Hove Albion.

Inspired by our rich and proud Govan heritage, red and black have featured in club kits since the early 1900s, famously matching the colours of the burgh we made our home.
"

I wasn't sure about the Home initially, due to the gold colouring, until i seen it in real life and its effin lovely.

My son though has just asked for the black one instead of the home one. Quite surprised at that but just shows my 6 year old is less of a baby than the majority of people on this board B-D

a lot of hate towards it, personally i really like it. as has been with every top since weve had castore, im sure itll be even better when you are holding it

On first look online I’m not overly fussed but I’ll reserve proper judgement until I see it in real life

Looks better than that awful picture on the other thread (obviously). I generally don't bother with buying away kits and it's not one that's going to inspire me to rush out and get it outside of that habit.

Not the worst and I would say the gold sponsors work better on this than they do on the home top.

Fairly lazy designing here by making the away keeper top the same as the training top.

Back