Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peterborough were interested in Edmunston towards end of season im sure i read that in express or daily mail
maybe swap and add some money ?

Heart and Hand have denied we are interested in Clarke Harris, no denial of Veerman though :)
fair enough
it s good S Gerrard said he wants one or two more players im just impatient loyal lol
Still looks a good player
Heart and hand also said new away top was a fake before it was revealed on Friday

What some people forget is that sarcasm is far harder to spot on written text than it is on spoken word due to the lack of tone and cadence

Add in the fact that a lot of posters have such wild opinions on here that it makes it almost impossible to tell when someone is being sarcastic on a forum

I am, of course, being sarcastic when I type this

Or am I? Even I can't tell.

Announce Veerman
Just use the sarcasm font mate:rolleyes:

Playing Dick Advocaat here but, Veermans videos look decent, clearly a good player, but not necessarily the absolute game changer that a lot of folk are pinning their hopes on, if we don't get him, I'll be disappointed too but we will have someone else lined up no doubt and we will forget all about him B-D

Playing Dick Advocaat here but, Veermans videos look decent, clearly a good player, but not necessarily the absolute game changer that a lot of folk are pinning their hopes on, if we don't get him, I'll be disappointed too but we will have someone else lined up no doubt and we will forget all about him B-D
From the youtube videos I've looked at featuring Veerman, he does impress from a technical, skills-based perspective. However, one of the questions that isn't as clear is whether or not he could hack it in the rough and tumble physicality of the SPL The youtube clips from the Dutch league featuring Veerman, generally showed teams intent on playing a more technical style of football that is often encountered in the SPL.

From the youtube videos I've looked at featuring Veerman, he does impress from a technical, skills-based perspective. However, one of the questions that isn't as clear is whether or not he could hack it in the rough and tumble physicality of the SPL The youtube clips from the Dutch league featuring Veerman, generally showed teams intent on playing a more technical style of football that is often encountered in the SPL.
Michael Mols said a couple of months back that he doesn’t think he’s suited to Scottish football.

Last edited:
Halliday said he was always the best player in training!

Just shows that being the best player in training counts for nothing. Look how Kent have developed compared to Barker.

There is a reason as to why Brandon Barker was on loan at Oxford United last season.

I very much doubt the likes of Barker or Jones will be around come the of the transfer window are neither are good enough.

Interesting.

The SPFL could actually be a goldmine for a midfielder who wants to progress that physical side of his game.

Veerman is young enough to have 2 or 3 seasons here and potentially leave a machine of a midfielder.

Would really all come down to if he fancied it and adding a physicality to his game was something he recognised as required or needed.

Michael Molde said a couple of months back that he doesn’t think he’s suited to Scottish football.
Could be that is the case.

Wonder how he feels about it and what his close circle of advisors think.

It may be a move he won't entertain if he also feels the fit isn't right.

Surely though, we would have found this out during the earliest of dialogues.

Interesting.

The SPFL could actually be a goldmine for a midfielder who wants to progress that physical side of his game.

Veerman is young enough to have 2 or 3 seasons here and potentially leave a machine of a midfielder.

Would really all come down to if he fancied it and adding a physicality to his game was something he recognised as required or needed.

He's also over 6 foot tall, the physical aspect can be developed if he isn't used to it yet, he definitely seems to have everything else.

Just shows that being the best player in training counts for nothing. Look how Kent have developed compared to Barker.

There is a reason as to why Brandon Barker was on loan at Oxford United last season.

I very much doubt the likes of Barker or Jones will be around come the of the transfer window are neither are good enough.
Yeah I don't rate him in the slightest. Just thought it was interesting to hear.

He's also over 6 foot tall, the physical aspect can be developed if he isn't used to it yet, he definitely seems to have everything else.
That's kinda what I am getting at Tags.

He seems to have everything else.

Does he feel adding that physicality would further his game?

If so, it might be a goer. If not? Might be one best left alone.

That's kinda what I am getting at Tags.

He seems to have everything else.

Does he feel adding that physicality would further his game?

If so, it might be a goer. If not? Might be one best left alone.

I think the physical aspect of our game is overstated anyway, Kamara and Davis are not what you'd call physical players, they use their brains to be better than the rest, Veerman would do the same.

I think the physical aspect of our game is overstated anyway, Kamara and Davis are not what you'd call physical players, they use their brains to be better than the rest, Veerman would do the same.
They might not be but they are certainly exposed to it. Often with little protection.

Will Veerman fancy it?

I hope if we were to get him he had thought it through fully.

Kamara is a much stronger player than he looks his body strength when shielding a ball is excellent although he only really uses that if his quick feet and balance can't get him out of certain situations on the park

If you want an example of a player that has come on leaps and bounds since adding an element of physicality in game then I think it’s Joe Aribo.

It was difficult for anyone to take the ball away from him when he arrived but now it almost seems impossible. If you barge into him he just takes it and goes on to roll you.

The physicality is somewhat overstated in Scotland but the tempo can be unmatched at times, I think Rangers is possibly the best place Veerman can develop his decision making in.

Saw an article on Twitter about Veerman and it stated he isn't the most disciplined defensively.

I haven't seen him play so I can't comment, but 'if' it's true he may stick out like a sore thumb in this team.

Not that it can't be worked on, as Aribo has shown.

Lack of confidence is a huge factor for Barker. If you are brilliant in training but can't replicate it in games it's definitely a mental thing. There's no pressure in training but you can't be brilliant in training if you don't actually have ability as well.

Lack of confidence is a huge factor for Barker. If you are brilliant in training but can't replicate it in games it's definitely a mental thing. There's no pressure in training but you can't be brilliant in training if you don't actually have ability as well.
I think you can clearly see Barker has talent, I think he has more natural talent than the likes of Jones but their mentality differences endear different to fans - and themselves.

I really wanted Barker to make it with us, but if he leaves then I hope he finds a home and a manager that can channel that talent.

Clearly he's being brought in with a view to the European games. If he's as good as seen then he'll have no problem adapting to the SPFL.

If you want an example of a player that has come on leaps and bounds since adding an element of physicality in game then I think it’s Joe Aribo.

It was difficult for anyone to take the ball away from him when he arrived but now it almost seems impossible. If you barge into him he just takes it and goes on to roll you.

The physicality is somewhat overstated in Scotland but the tempo can be unmatched at times, I think Rangers is possibly the best place Veerman can develop his decision making in.
I think Hagi has added it noticeably to his game as well.

Not unusual to see him embroiled in a bit of 'what fors' in a game now.

Whilst talent and a good brain will no doubt nearly always win, if a player is open to adding that to his game it won't make him any poorer on the field of play.

Barkers injury problems haven’t helped either. I’m sure when he was at Preston, Alex Neil mentioned he had sustained his 10th different hamstring injury in his career. That was before joining us. Even with Hibs he looked bang average. I know Gerrard trusted him in a couple of big matches but he never really did much of note - being disciplined out of possession was what people highlighted.

No offence to the guys, but the likes of a Barker, Stewart, Jones etc are no where near the level of player required. Even as squad players. We’ve raised the bar and must continue to do so.

I think Hagi has added it noticeably to his game as well.

Not unusual to see him embroiled in a bit of 'what fors' in a game now.

Whilst talent and a good brain will no doubt nearly always win, if a player is open to adding that to his game it won't make him any poorer on the field of play.
Think Gatusso is a good example of this, 2 years in Scotland helped take him to the level he reached buy adding that physical edge he may not have if he’d stayed in Italy.

I think you can clearly see Barker has talent, I think he has more natural talent than the likes of Jones but their mentality differences endear different to fans - and themselves.

I really wanted Barker to make it with us, but if he leaves then I hope he finds a home and a manager that can channel that talent.

Agreed. It's hard not to have a wee soft spot for him. Someone you are just willing to do well.

Think Gatusso is a good example of this, 2 years in Scotland helped take him to the level he reached buy adding that physical edge he may not have if he’d stayed in Italy.
I agree with the idea that players playing in a physical league could help some typical technically solid but not necessarily physical players add some steel to their game. E.g. Arteta was perhaps more prepared for the physicality of British football and the EPL by spending time in Scotland.

I think Gattuso is not a good example of this though. He clearly has the animal streak in him, that winners mentality. He's always had a screw loose. He is a competitor in the way people like Souness were. I dont think playing in Scotland had anything to do with it. He's a "tackle his granny" type.

I was actually thinking that as well. Our middle 3 have all had 3 years or so to know where to be within our formation in and out of possession, and that goes for Arfield and Aribo as well as our usual 3. New players will need time to adapt to that and as it does take time so you might find that adding Lundstrum and Veerrman, initially anyway, we may not be as solid as we were last season as they haven't quite learned how we play yet,

Especially how tight the midfield are defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back