West Ham cutting them to ribbons

HDVAz83z-F2-L0.jpg

Watched the highlights and I have never seen a pair of centre backs slide in to tackle as much as that in my life.. far too inexperienced to be first team players. Constantly slide tackling fresh air today from the video I watched. You would have guessed someone told them it was non contact before kick off. Great watch

Arsenal beat the filth 5-1 at the munky-hoose, whilst we were at Ibrox in a pre season tourney at this stage in the pre season in 87/88.

They ended up winning the league and SC.

You were correct with your; ''I don't normally consider preseason friendlies as a good indication for the season ahead'' bit.
Maybe, but this proves any transfer money they get from Edouarde (if he goes) needs to be spent on the defence, not a replacement striker. They're weak whatever they do

He's saying he can't shield his players, they just have to get on with it. He's got no idea how intense things are going to get for his players, way out of his depth lol!
It's so similar to what Lennon was saying last year about wanting to compete, willingness to be brave, have awareness of danger.. and they've now lost players and have no better replacements.

It actually highlights how well Gerrard did pulling together a competitive squad when he first arrived from the ashes of Pedro, that was the foundation we built on, and then improved/added depth position by position

What was West Ham’s team like? Strong, or lots of first teamers missing?

Last edited:
I’m no body language expert but Ange doesn’t look like he wants to be there, glorious!
From a youth coach at the piggery to my father in law: father in law: ‘what’s the new guy like?’
Trainer paedo: ‘I don’t know. He doesn’t talk to us. He just walks about looking really grumpy’.

The guy then said that the rumours are he thought he’d get more backing.

Back