Jordan Jones

Was quite surprised how long he got today, the drop off between Kent and Jones is enormous.

Still think we want another player in that position

Pretty much covered it in the match thread but I'll say it again.

Offers nothing to this team whatsoever
Wasteful in possession
Loses the ball repeatedly
Takes the wrong option time and time again
Barely takes a man on
Doesn't possess any basic or creative skills
Such a poor Footballer with very little ability (Pace is his only asset)

Same bracket as Barker in all honesty.

Jones is dross and needs to go.

Last edited:
We’re likely desperate to sell and get him off the wage bill.

Unfortunately we’ve been unable to do so. His performances aren’t helping.

Did nothing well on the ball today over hit crosses, decision making is so poor.

In the shape we play he does not cover the ground to close full back at all he is not what we need and had been a mistake signing.

It happens for every Kamara you have a Jones. Couldn't get a regular game for Sunderland says it all.

Was really hoping he would come good tbh, as a fellow Ulsterman, and he certainly would do a job with a mid table team but I'm afraid he is just short on the quality we should be looking for

Would lose no sleep if Jones left, I think he’s had plenty of chances now, on and off the pitch.

More worrying is the drop off we have when we can’t put out a front three of Kent, Morelos and Roofe. We look fairly toothless without them, without being disrespectful of the likes of Itten, who I think always does his best.

His final ball is terrible.

In the 2nd half he was on the touch line and miss controlled it and it when out for a Brighton throw in. I looked straight at Gerrard who turned away in disgust.

Hasn’t looked interested at all in the pre-season games. Doesn’t look willing to work. Doesn’t deserve to be here much longer.

I had a lot of hope when he first arrived. Even after his mad challenge and being sidelined after that. He has shown on occasions that there is a player in there imo. Lacks desire, commitment and when you compare young Wright who has come in and looked so much better than him already then time to move on. A real shame.

Would lose no sleep if Jones left, I think he’s had plenty of chances now, on and off the pitch.

More worrying is the drop off we have when we can’t put out a front three of Kent, Morelos and Roofe. We look fairly toothless without them, without being disrespectful of the likes of Itten, who I think always does his best.

I think it’s also fair to say Itten hasn’t had a lot of minutes with good service. He’s usually playing when we have a weaker lineup. I thought he was excellent away against Poznań last season and his goal was absolutely clinical.

He’s lazy, his off the ball movement is terrible. At times he doesn’t look interested or willing to make a run to get involved. Decision making is poor and he barely has any end product. At times today he was like a man out there enjoying the sun.

From what I've seen he's a long way off from being a regular in the squad never mind a first team player.

I think it’s also fair to say Itten hasn’t had a lot of minutes with good service. He’s usually playing when we have a weaker lineup. I thought he was excellent away against Poznań last season and his goal was absolutely clinical.
Totally agree. But I don’t see who he shifts from that three, and arguably he’d be better suited to playing with a second striker and wingers, which we don’t.

Considering his previous I think he surprisingly had a lot of pre season minutes.
In said minutes he has showed again he is not good enough
Think the clock is ticking and cannot see him at the club in 2 weeks time
Wonder if is getting "shop window" minutes?
Looked good against Brighton I thought

Hasn’t looked interested at all in the pre-season games. Doesn’t look willing to work. Doesn’t deserve to be here much longer.
Tbf mate if either of your 1st two comments were accurate he wouldn't have featured at all. I doubt we have that much tied up in him to be overly concerned about putting him in the 'shop window'.

We have all been disappointed with him, although I think a lot are now more disappointed for him than anything else.

If he is putting in 100% in training, he's as good a reserve option as we are likely to have. Middleton for instance, great season for him last year.. if I had to pick I'd probably go Jones.

The writing seems to be on the wall, but wonder if we have all just put a little too much expectation on him.

He went into a full blooded reckless challenge. Caught up in it all, over excited?

Has his brain fart, goes down south, is highly appreciated.

Comes back, everyone kinda meh..

Has another brain fart & posts pics of him at Wembley.. The knifes come back out. Despite the fact he had clearly been given the all clear to go.

Totally agree. But I don’t see who he shifts from that three, and arguably he’d be better suited to playing with a second striker and wingers, which we don’t.

I don’t see him ever getting ahead of Roofe or Buff in the pecking order and now there’s Sakala too. He’s likely just going to be a squad player for us unfortunately.

Having said that I’d be more than happy to see him start as the main striker against Malmö/HJK with Kent and Roofe/another. Bang in a couple and maybe he’s got a chance.

Pretty much covered it in the match thread but I'll say it again.

Offers nothing to this team whatsoever
Wasteful in possession
Loses the ball repeatedly
Takes the wrong option time and time again
Barely takes a man on
Doesn't possess any basic or creative skills
Such a poor Footballer with very little ability (Pace is his only asset)

Same bracket as Barker in all honesty.

Jones is dross and needs to go.
Barker doesn’t deserve to be included in the same sentence as that utter waster.

It sadly hasn’t worked out for him but you cannot fault his attitude at all and he has natural talent.

Jones can only play successfully in a team who relies on purely his pace to get in behind

We actually need him to play football

The minute Kent came on it was like night and day

His attitude is honking... If he looked like he was bothered I'd give him more of a chance or be at least sympathetic....He's just not arsed... Compare him to someone like Itten who is giving it his best. Guy just seems a total walloper

From the line up announcement today on the advertising boards it looks like he doesn't have a squad number that probably let's us know he won't be here

He thinks he's better than he is , certainly isn't a team player . Tries the wee cute ficks n stuff and can't even do the basics properly. Get whatever we can for him and send him on his way.

Boy is a waster, i expect his career to go downhill from here, he just doesnt look interested, seems like he doesnt want to be here or knows he isnt wanted. Somebody that seems like he enjoys being able to tell people he is a football player rather than actually being one. End up in England Div 1

Tbf mate if either of your 1st two comments were accurate he wouldn't have featured at all. I doubt we have that much tied up in him to be overly concerned about putting him in the 'shop window'.

We have all been disappointed with him, although I think a lot are now more disappointed for him than anything else.

If he is putting in 100% in training, he's as good a reserve option as we are likely to have. Middleton for instance, great season for him last year.. if I had to pick I'd probably go Jones.

The writing seems to be on the wall, but wonder if we have all just put a little too much expectation on him.

He went into a full blooded reckless challenge. Caught up in it all, over excited?

Has his brain fart, goes down south, is highly appreciated.

Comes back, everyone kinda meh..

Has another brain fart & posts pics of him at Wembley.. The knifes come back out. Despite the fact he had clearly been given the all clear to go.

Middleton for me any day. He can score from a set piece and whilst not great he has some end product. Jones has done next to nothing for us and I can’t see what he offers at all. He constantly gives away, can’t pick or execute a pass to save his life and his shooting is abysmal!

He also wasn’t ‘highly appreciated’ down south. Even in League One he couldn’t hold down a starting spot and the Sunderland fans don’t want him back.

Barker doesn’t deserve to be included in the same sentence as that utter waster.

It sadly hasn’t worked out for him but you cannot fault his attitude at all and he has natural talent.
What natural talent does Barker possess other than pace which he never seems to use ? I don't see anything with him he does the same thing over and over again couple of step overs with the trademark pass back to Barisic or into midfield.

Anytime he's stepped onto the pitch he has looked shell shocked and way out of his depth and he has been been given several chances by the management.

I don't see it with him some may do fair enough but he's another in a long line of squad players over the last few years who we questionably brought in and predictably have done nothing for us.

Back