Ballot for Livi game

Ideally the draw should happen ASAP and folk be notified.

I'm not so sure about the bit I've emboldened though. That's the Club potentially giving up on 30,000 buying tickets at circa £30 a pop. So around £900,000.

Understand but everyone has paid for every game. So if that product is not supplied then the club need to compensate who it affects not go the other way and rule out the lucky people from attending the next game.

Even if it was something like the open training session for those who miss games.

Understand but everyone has paid for every game. So if that product is not supplied then the club need to compensate who it affects not go the other way and rule out the lucky people from attending the next game.

Even if it was something like the open training session for those who miss games.
Your latter suggestion seems more likely I’d have to say. Not a bad idea.

And let’s hope there will be no need for, or consideration of, ‘ruling out’ anybody as we return to full houses on 10 August.

Your latter suggestion seems more likely I’d have to say. Not a bad idea.

And let’s hope there will be no need for, or consideration of, ‘ruling out’ anybody as we return to full houses on 10 August.

Sincerely hope so mate. After being gutted with the friendly box fiasco all week, I'm now buzzing for the weekend return to Ibrox.

Can't take much more of waiting to see if an IMPORTANT MATCH INFORMATION email pops up lol.

Reckon going by tonight’s emails about this weekends friendlies we’ve not done a ballot because we’re challenging the number for Livi

or at least that’s what I hope! Imagine we could get to half capacity or close to 30k for that game, place will be electric

I appreciate your sentiment but "fan's profiting" is a bit wide off the mark, think it's really only The Club who profits from Seatsub
Seatsub gives the ticket holder money off of next years season ticket. So you would have a season ticket holder not going to the game getting a £10 credit and a ST holder who never got a look at a ticket getting nothing.

Seatsub gives the ticket holder money off of next years season ticket. So you would have a season ticket holder not going to the game getting a £10 credit and a ST holder who never got a look at a ticket getting nothing.
And MyGers points for putting the ticket on SeatSub of course.;):)

Get the bloody emails our Rangers, was hoping they would've been out yesterday. If successful, need to book time off work and that's not guaranteed now. Bloody joke in all honesty, still waiting to find out a week before the game. What's difficult about going with the number they have at present and adding to it as and when, if capacity is increased, no I don't know either.

@Greg Marshall hi mate can imagine your head will be bursting. Just want to ask if you know surely there won't be a scenario where young kids are allocated tickets without their parents?
Will the ballot possibly be done in friendship group basis where you either all get one or don't, essentially still giving every fan the same chance?

@Greg Marshall hi mate can imagine your head will be bursting. Just want to ask if you know surely there won't be a scenario where young kids are allocated tickets without their parents?
Will the ballot possibly be done in friendship group basis where you either all get one or don't, essentially still giving every fan the same chance?
I’m sure I seen it confirmed it will be done by friendship group

How long you think the window will be from being told your successfull to having to pay.

I work and can check phone every couple of hours
Surely this game is on season ticket for those successful in the ballot, so no payment required (unless upgrading a juvenile)?

Or am I missing something here !?

Once again zero consideration shown by our club for the fans. Really seems to be the case of give us your cash followed by go and f yourself. In the current climate of travel restrictions etc ballot should have been done last week to give clubs in NI and other remote areas chance to organise buses etc. If the wee boot alowes more in do the additional ballot later. Jesus wept

It sounds like most sections of the ground are open for this weekends friendlies, just do the bloody ballot for Livi and activate smartcards for those successful ffs. If more tickets become available later, then do another ballot! Jeez, how hard is it?

We must have had an indication of how many we would allowed before we released a statement There is no way this should still not be done by now.

I also do not understand why we didn’t do what the tinks done and canvas all ST holders to ask if they wanted to be included in ballots until full stadiums were allowed again.

It means they could exclude those who don’t feel comfortable, can’t travel etc etc and leave them with a pool of ST holders that are able to attend.

Might sound a tad harsh here but there really doesn’t seem to be any forward planning from the club sometimes. I also don’t know how the SLO doesn’t know when the ballot is.

I know it is not his job to decide that but the TO must have a time decided when they are going to do it and it doesn’t take a genius to work out that is the question everyone wants the answer to.

TO hanging the SLO out to dry again by not providing what is pretty basic info.

We must have had an indication of how many we would allowed before we released a statement There is no way this should still not be done by now.

I also do not understand why we didn’t do what the tinks done and canvas all ST holders to ask if they wanted to be included in ballots until full stadiums were allowed again.

It means they could exclude those who don’t feel comfortable, can’t travel etc etc and leave them with a pool of ST holders that are able to attend.

Might sound a tad harsh here but there really doesn’t seem to be any forward planning from the club sometimes. I also don’t know how the SLO doesn’t know when the ballot is.

I know it is not his job to decide that but the TO must have a time decided when they are going to do it and it doesn’t take a genius to work out that is the question everyone wants the answer to.

TO hanging the SLO out to dry again by not providing what is pretty basic info.
The problem is that communications are dire, the ticketing system is dire but they always seem to pull a rabbit out of the hat such as the extra tickets for the friendlies and all is forgotten again

Surely this game is on season ticket for those successful in the ballot, so no payment required (unless upgrading a juvenile)?

People are thinking that you might have to do some sort of 'opt in' thing to say you're going to the game and 'opt out' if you can't go, so that the tickets not taken up by folk in the original ballot can then be balloted again.

It sounds like most sections of the ground are open for this weekends friendlies, just do the bloody ballot for Livi and activate smartcards for those successful ffs. If more tickets become available later, then do another ballot! Jeez, how hard is it?
Social distancing may be an issue, which would make what would otherwise be a simple process a bit more complex i.e. it's not as simple as activating successful people's smartcards and letting them sit in their normal seats.

People are thinking that you might have to do some sort of 'opt in' thing to say you're going to the game and 'opt out' if you can't go, so that the tickets not taken up by folk in the original ballot can then be balloted again.
Just where poster I replied to said “having to pay.”

There’s obviously more to it. Maybe we’re seeing how procedures work this weekend before a final number is confirmed, for example. People have to be a little more understanding in the current situation.

Of course it’s not ideal.

Who's to say folk will be in their normal season ticket seats? Or even their same area of the ground. How do they effect social distancing for that? They can't say if Row C Seat 221 gets selected in the ballot it means the two seats either side of him and the two rows in front of him and behind him are ruled out.

Restrictions don't end until 9 Aug as things stand. I'm loathe to say it but it might mirror the way we've done the friendlies, with folk having to login and then find available seats. I foresee carnage if that's the case but, right now, it has to be a potential way they do this.:(

Who's to say folk will be in their normal season ticket seats? Or even their same area of the ground. How do they effect social distancing for that? They can't say if Row C Seat 221 gets selected in the ballot it means the two seats either side of him and the two rows in front of him and behind him are ruled out.

Restrictions don't end until 9 Aug as things stand. I'm loathe to say it but it might mirror the way we've done the friendlies, with folk having to login and then find available seats. I foresee carnage if that's the case but, right now, it has to be a potential way they do this.:(
Surely the club know which seats will be used for whatever capacity ? Therefor surely they could just allocate everyone a seat who’s successful and if folk can’t make it they make that seat available to someone else . We’ve seen the carnage of everyone selecting their own surely there no reason the can’t do it that way ?

Surely the club know which seats will be used for whatever capacity ? Therefor surely they could just allocate everyone a seat who’s successful and if folk can’t make it they make that seat available to someone else . We’ve seen the carnage of everyone selecting their own surely there no reason the can’t do it that way ?
I would hope that's the case mate - I'm just not confident it will be. My response was primarily to address the poster I quoted's comment that they should just 'activate smartcards', seemingly suggesting folk will just go to their regular ST seat. I think that highly unlikely.

Social distancing may be an issue, which would make what would otherwise be a simple process a bit more complex i.e. it's not as simple as activating successful people's smartcards and letting them sit in their normal seats.
Social distancing will be an issue, this is why they should've been getting things organised as soon as the original allocation was set. And let's not forget, a simple computer programme would have any issues with social distancing etc highlighted in seconds, so further tickets could be allocated accordingly.

I

Wrong choice of words from me. I meant confirming that you're accepting ticket.

I assume if you cant make game itll go to someone else due to the limited numbers

I hope not.....

I'd need to ask why the fuck anyone would ask if they can sell their ticket to a neutral, or why they'd expect or want to ask. When 30,000 plus have paid for 2 years and not seen a game.

And then why they'd get wide about it.
Sorry that I have raised your hackles, here's the background to my question:
this came about when I was talking to my mate (Postman) who like myself is a Season Ticket Holder, we discussed the Livvy game, the ballot and the difficulty in organising getting over to the game from NI, and also its his Saturday to work but with not knowing his chances he couldn't go and organise to get his shift covered, he asked me what would happen if he got a ticket, like you and probably 99.99% of posters here I said it would likely be redrawn, he suggested by means of paying for his Season Ticket that if he received a Ticket he should be able to pass it off through Seatsub, he'd get a credit towards his renewal and someone else would get the Ticket.
Never considered the Seatsub option for the draw myself, truth be told I'm sure it would be easy to shift it at face value never mind waiting on a renewal credit next May but I was interested what others on here thought.

Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand.

Really hope for your sake that's not the case mate. You've been brilliant helping folk out but really you shouldn't have to and the only reason you have to do it is that as good as you are the ticket office are equally poor.

I would hope that's the case mate - I'm just not confident it will be. My response was primarily to address the poster I quoted's comment that they should just 'activate smartcards', seemingly suggesting folk will just go to their regular ST seat. I think that highly unlikely.

No chance of this I don't think mate, otherwise it hasn't really been an open ballot.

I see you've explained it in another post and that's exactly how see it too. Personally think the best way for them to do this, is to just allocate the seats at the time of ballot. It should be easy to do as they will already know which seats can be used. A small number will likely moan (because they got the Club Deck and wanted the Broomie etc etc) however it will be NOTHING compared to the complaints if they go with that 'login and find the seat that doesn't exist' Game that they had folk playing for this weekends matches.

No chance of this I don't think mate, otherwise it hasn't really been an open ballot.

I see you've explained it in another post and that's exactly how see it too. Personally think the best way for them to do this, is to just allocate the seats at the time of ballot. It should be easy to do as they will already know which seats can be used. A small number will likely moan (because they got the Club Deck and wanted the Broomie etc etc) however it will be NOTHING compared to the complaints if they go with that 'login and find the seat that doesn't exist' Game that they had folk playing for this weekends matches.
Agree mate that is the way it should work. Everyone in the ballot and either you're lucky and are allocated a seat or you're not and suck it up.
Anyone complaining about where they are seated should also be allocated a boot in the bollocks!

Ballots are done in their friendship groups where possible.

Agree mate that is the way it should work. Everyone in the ballot and either you're lucky and are allocated a seat or you're not and suck it up.
Anyone complaining about where they are seated should also be allocated a boot in the bollocks!

Haha I was kidding about that bro but, you know it will happen anyway.

I think most people would be happy enough with that solution though and generally would take what they got with minimal fuss.

Haha I was kidding about that bro but, you know it will happen anyway.

I think most people would be happy enough with that solution though and generally would take what they got with minimal fuss.
Aye thought your post was a wee bit in jest mate haha. As you say most folk will see it that it is what y is and get on with it. Maybe even look at it as a wee adventure going to a different area.

Can just see a few with complaints like they pay for prime seats so why should they be allocated one in wherever that they don't see as quite as good.

Back