Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poster on another thread says Alfie's Mrs has an Insta story with herself at the airport. Hopefully a sign they are en route back to Glasgow.

Daily Record apparently have a story about Edmundson signing a 3 year deal with an unnamed club.

2 weeks off after the Copa and then up the road, despite the mass hysteria.

Not ideal but it’s the price you pay for having international players.

Today being yet another example of how vital to Rangers Alfredo Morelos is. Even more so when Roofe is out.

Heading into the CL qualifier with Itten or Defoe is a concern. Fashion jnr has only had a 15/20 odd minute run out. The league starts next week, we play Malmö/Helsinki in midweek after Livingston.

Still of the opinion that if Morelos leaves, we need to bring another player in his position in.

Today being yet another example of how vital to Rangers Alfredo Morelos is. Even more so when Roofe is out.

Heading into the CL qualifier with Itten or Defoe is a concern. Fashion jnr has only had a 15/20 odd minute run out. The league starts next week, we play Malmö/Helsinki in midweek after Livingston.

Still of the opinion that if Morelos leaves, we need to bring another player in his position in.
Itten has scored 2 in 4 games this pre season and also had a shot cleared off the line today I’m comfortable with Itten playing the first leg and Morelos back for the second leg.

2 weeks off after the Copa and then up the road, despite the mass hysteria.

Not ideal but it’s the price you pay for having international players.
Is tough to take when we are straight into qualifiers and Roofe is already out but, as you rightly say , thems the breaks with internationals.

I'm actually alot less concerned than I was before today.

I think even without Morelos and Roofe we're gonna be alright.

I'm starting to sway towards wanting to keep our squad as is and giving guys like Kelly the chance to play rather than spend 7 million on Veerman.
I'm drunk but I really think we need to start producing players for our own benefit.

Its a fair point you make mate. I cant remember the last time our youth system looked so promising and ready to contribute significantly to our first team.

Patterson
Kelly
Williamson
Kennedy

Of those 4 its possible 2 or 3 could be regular 1st team players or at least contributers over the next 2/3years.

Then Lindsay potentially after that who looks seriously good whenever ive seen him.

Thought Itten was largely anonymous today he just doesn't seem to be involved in things he needs to be more aggressive in his play.

We need Morelos back that's clear now.
He’s been good for us in preseason and the games he has played he’s not exactly had the greatest of players to support him . I’m excited to see how he goes in our strongest 11in a weeks time . I’m tipping him for 20+ goals this season

If he has genuinely left the Heerenveen camp then you’d imagine he is close to signing for someone, hopefully it’s us.
According to the fixtures list for Heerenveen, they don't play again until next weekend. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that they've been given 2-3 days off and he's spent it in Ibiza.

According to the fixtures list for Heerenveen, they don't play again until next weekend. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that they've been given 2-3 days off and he's spent it in Ibiza.
technically possible but can you think of a top flight club ever allowing players to go on holiday abroad during pre season? He’s just had over a month off

technically possible but can you think of a top flight club ever allowing players to go on holiday abroad during pre season? He’s just had over a month off

Entirely possible. He doesn't need their permission to spend his own time as he sees fit. Just because he's in Ibiza doesn't mean he's going to drink alcohol, take drugs and wrap it all up with a kebab. He could go there and train and eat well whilst enjoying a change of scenery. Ibiza is a nice place when you ignore the west end of San Antonio.

Entirely possible. He doesn't need their permission to spend his own time as he sees fit. Just because he's in Ibiza doesn't mean he's going to drink alcohol, take drugs and wrap it all up with a kebab. He could go there and train and eat well whilst enjoying a change of scenery. Ibiza is a nice place when you ignore the west end of San Antonio.
I’m well aware that Ibiza can be a very nice place, especially if you have money.

I just can’t see a club allowing players to leave pre season training to go abroad during covid. It’s far more likely that both the club and player don’t want to risk an injury leading to a deal collapsing.

Not according to his Instagram story earlier.
Think you’re getting a bit mixed up mate. Hasn’t posted anything on his story, but his last Instagram post - posted on the 29th of May this year - was taken and posted in Ibiza, which is where the confusion likely comes from.

Think you’re getting a bit mixed up mate. Hasn’t posted anything on his story, but his last Instagram post - posted on the 29th of May this year - was taken and posted in Ibiza, which is where the confusion likely comes from.
After someone thinking some random Twitter account was something official earlier today I have no idea why I took an FF comment about Instagram at face value

Thanks for clearing it up lol

I'm not getting mixed up at all. It was since taken down. Probably someone has told him it isn't a good look that he's in Ibiza right now. It was his verified account.

Do you think I just plucked a random beach club out my arse to quote here? He tagged the location in the Instagram story.

Here's the Instagram page he tagged.

I'm not getting mixed up at all. It was since taken down. Probably someone has told him it isn't a good look that he's in Ibiza right now. It was his verified account.

Do you think I just plucked a random beach club out my arse to quote here? He tagged the location in the Instagram story.

Here's the Instagram page he tagged.
Fair enough mate! Seems like it may just be an ideal place of rest for him and nothing more.

McGregor

Tav Goldson Helander Barisic

Lundstram Davis Kamara

Aribo Kent

Itten​

Would you not be confident of this team beating Livi and Malmo?

Edmundson to peterborough swap deal for Siriki Dembele will be Anounced once medicals are finalised .
A RUMOUR!

EDIT: Although Siriki Dembele played for Peterborough today, whilst it was being reported in the Record during our game Edmundson was away. I’d rate this as very unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back