Morelos on way back? His wife posting from airport

Concerned, why? He's had 2 weeks off so far, his last game for Colombia was 10th July.
Do you need me to explain why having one of our best players training and preparing for important games is a good thing for us?

Your contention is he needs a rest I assume? From what? Training with his national team?

Do you need me to explain why having one of our best players training and preparing for important games is a good thing for us?

Your contention is he needs a rest I assume? From what? Training with his national team?
He has had less time off than the rest of the squad. We may not like it but he deserves time off just like the rest of the squad do. Look at Madrid tomorrow, their best players arent travelling as they are still on down time.

He has had less time off than the rest of the squad. We may not like it but he deserves time off just like the rest of the squad do. Look at Madrid tomorrow, their best players arent travelling as they are still on down time.
Remind me when Real Madrid play their CL qualifiers? The season is shaped in the next few weeks.

Remind me when Real Madrid play their CL qualifiers? The season is shaped in the next few weeks.
So because he is picked for his national team and they progress to the 3rd place play off which takes place on 10th July and UEFA are a shower of cnuts by giving 3rd place teams entry into a competition where champions have to take part in play offs at beginning of August, that's Alfies fault and he shouldnt be allowed time off?

Pretty sure he’ll need to isolate for 10 days mate.
Yeah I have to admit I’m not 100% on the rules for that when it comes to elite sports.

Barisic must have just arrived back in the country and he doesn’t need to isolate are the rules different for South America?

It's not about rest, it's about getting to spend a fortnight with his extended family, who he will hardly have seen these past 18+ months due to covid, and most likely introduce his daughter to her grandparents. Players aren't machines or commodities, they are humans with human needs and basic rights the same as the rest of us. He will be coming back having had the shortest break, by far, in the whole squad and almost certainly the country. What's your contention? Straight here soon as they went out of the Copa as Rangers should be more important to him than his parents? I'm sure we would've had a very fired up and happy player on our hands if you were in charge. Yeah, he won't be 100% ready but he will still be fit after only 2 weeks off and burst his ass trying as he usually does, particularly given he's desperate to show himself in the champions league window.

No my contention is he is deserving of time off for a summer break like all the players get. The fact he got barely any game time for Colombia doesn't diminish the fact he is entitled to a break.

The players at the Euros got 3 weeks off, Patterson, Mcloughlin, Barasic and Helander barely played too. No-one complained at their leave. Obviously the fact they returned home sooner and don't have a bad track record for gaining weight makes us less concerned about them, but there isn't any justification to be aggrieved at Alfie for having some time off.

And of course I would much rather he was back at training and ready to play as we are far better with him in the side.

When did Helander finish the Euros and when did he arrive back? I’m guessing there will be a maximum of couple of days of difference but nothing was made out of that. Not a dig at Helander both players deserved there holiday.
He would have had at least 3 weeks like everyone else. Barisic was at least a month.

It's not about rest, it's about getting to spend a fortnight with his extended family, who he will hardly have seen these past 18+ months due to covid, and most likely introduce his daughter to her grandparents. Players aren't machines or commodities, they are humans with human needs and basic rights the same as the rest of us. He will be coming back having had the shortest break, by far, in the whole squad and almost certainly the country. What's your contention? Straight here soon as they went out of the Copa as Rangers should be more important to him than his parents? I'm sure we would've had a very fired up and happy player on our hands if you were in charge. Yeah, he won't be 100% ready but he will still be fit after only 2 weeks off and burst his ass trying as he usually does, particularly given he's desperate to show himself in the champions league window.
A bit of common sense at last. Great post, bud

Croatia is on the green list so barisics situation is different to Morelos. Columbia is red so will be a 10 day isolation.

Croatia is on the green list so barisics situation is different to Morelos. Columbia is red so will be a 10 day isolation.
What if he goes through a green list country then onto the UK?
Ive been thinking of going home that way.

Back