George Edmundson leaves

Yeah I think we need 25 good options given match day squad is now 20.
That’s probably:
McGregor McLaughlin Firth
Tavernier Patterson
Barisic Bassey
Goldson Helander Balogun Simpson
Davis Kamara Lundstram Jack Arfield
Hagi Aribo
Kent Wright
Morelos Roofe Sakala Itten Defoe
Possibly Kelly to cover Jack/Arfield given their fitness varies. Any more decent signings and you’d have to assume someone from the above is for the off.
Kelly walks into that squad.

A bit weird the club isn’t being announced - could this be part exchange on one of our purchases but we are announcing the transfer later in the week so the club is hush hush?

A bit weird the club isn’t being announced - could this be part exchange on one of our purchases but we are announcing the transfer later in the week so the club is hush hush?
Someone in the transfer thread said part of the deal for Dembele at Peterborough,

I have absolutely no idea though so don’t shoot the messenger :)

Someone in the transfer thread said part of the deal for Dembele at Peterborough,

I have absolutely no idea though so don’t shoot the messenger :)
Would be interesting, I’m a huge fan of Dembele and have known/played with/against his cousin most of my life

They are of Ivorian descent, and have no allegiance to either Glasgow side but liked the fact Celtic helped their family a lot due to Karamoko.

We have an awful lot of forwards, even excluding the dead wood - I can’t see us signing anymore.

Would be interesting, I’m a huge fan of Dembele and have known/played with/against his cousin most of my life

They are of Ivorian descent, and have no allegiance to either Glasgow side but liked the fact Celtic helped their family a lot due to Karamoko.

We have an awful lot of forwards, even excluding the dead wood - I can’t see us signing anymore.
Would certainly be interesting and having 2 brothers on either side of the old firm would be mental :D

He looks a good player from what I’ve seen as well but like you say we have a lot of depth in the forward positions already, so I’d also be surprised if it’s anything to do with a deal for him.

Edmundson was your typical Mark Allen punt.

Shown glimpses of being a good defender but obviously the manager hasn’t seen enough to move him up the pecking order.

We knocked money back for him weeks ago.

Where is this "we've cancelled his contract" stuff coming from ?
An assumption from “agreed a deal to leave”. Forgot we knocked back money for him previously. Sorry guv!

Although we have a lot of depth when we play with the two wide 10s nobody has really claimed the right hand side they way Kent has the left hand side would be ideal to get someone in who will

Good move for all parties if true. All the best big George. Hopefully a few more that are not at the required standard can follow him out the door.

I take it you weren't watching the game tonight then? Simpson was very good in the first half
He was. First time I’ve seen the potential. He has an eye for picking out a long range pass but still manages to look awkward playing a simple 10 yard pass. Need to see more of him.

@Polar bear I’m not doubting Kelly looks ready, but in a 25 ahead of who? Obviously Jack until he’s fully match fit, but after that, who? Arfield and Hagi are two totally different types of midfielders so he’s really competing with Davis, Kamara, Jack and Lundstram.

Goldson, Helander, Balogun and Katic for me.

I’m not saying you are criticising him here mate, but some of the stick that Katic gets on here is beyond me.

He’s kept himself in incredible shape, but once he’s got the match fitness that everyone will be lacking then he’s in our top four for me.
You won’t get 4 more solid centre halfs anywhere in Europe than that . I’m absolutely delighted with those and I’d play any two of them and be confident . It’s our strongest area of the team our back line and mcgregor .

Goldson, Helander, Balogun and Katic for me.

I’m not saying you are criticising him here mate, but some of the stick that Katic gets on here is beyond me.

He’s kept himself in incredible shape, but once he’s got the match fitness that everyone will be lacking then he’s in our top four for me.

100% agree, that should be the 4 for the season but, I think Katic needs games - would a 6 month loan deal be a good idea?

Katic won’t be going on loan to a sub-standard SPFL team.

That would be an insult to him, plus I think that would benefit Simpson just as much if not more.

Spent time with his dad in Braga last year. Lovely guy and want his son to do well also, shame his future isn’t at the club as they supported Rangers before George joined us!
All the best to them.
It is a shame.
George needed a full season of games to really develop.
Next season, we may lose Goldson, maybe even Helendar and Balogun isn't getting any younger.
George spending a season with a team, maybe on the continent, would then be ready for the step up.
At centre-back, George is still young and has time on his side.
I am sure that George will go on to have a fine career, sadly not at Ibrox.

Katic won’t be going on loan to a sub-standard SPFL team.

That would be an insult to him, plus I think that would benefit Simpson just as much if not more.
When we look to loan players, surely we should look to Holland and Belgium?

Would certainly be interesting and having 2 brothers on either side of the old firm would be mental :D

He looks a good player from what I’ve seen as well but like you say we have a lot of depth in the forward positions already, so I’d also be surprised if it’s anything to do with a deal for him.
Think last time it happened was Colin and Tom McAdam

Yeah I’m not sure what planet some other people are on.

A Braga away game, he can do a job…keep making headed clearances till the cows come home.

But as regards his passing….holy shit. He’d stroll out of our box with the ball at his feet, under no pressure, then just casually pass it to an opposition player! Time after time.

Good luck to him but anyone who thinks he was ever of the requisite standard needs their eyes tested.
Does that include our manager who signed him?

When we look to loan players, surely we should look to Holland and Belgium?
Depends what you’re looking for I suppose.

Players like Katic (and Edmundson) didn’t need any physical development or experience of a tough physical league, both are built like the side of a house. A league that will improve their game playing out from the back would make sense.

Simpson looks reasonably comfortable with the ball, so on the flip side you’d wonder if a physical league would benefit him more.

Depends what you’re looking for I suppose.

Players like Katic (and Edmundson) didn’t need any physical development or experience of a tough physical league, both are built like the side of a house. A league that will improve their game playing out from the back would make sense.

Simpson looks reasonably comfortable with the ball, so on the flip side you’d wonder if a physical league would benefit him more.
Yes, maybe Simpson would benefit from a half-season or so with a club like St Johnstone.

@Polar bear I’m not doubting Kelly looks ready, but in a 25 ahead of who? Obviously Jack until he’s fully match fit, but after that, who? Arfield and Hagi are two totally different types of midfielders so he’s really competing with Davis, Kamara, Jack and Lundstram.
Currently I'd imagine Aribo and Kamara will be the choice for the left side of the midfield Davis and Jack for the centre and Lundstrum and Arfield for the right (obviously there is flexibility with some of the options) Kelly can get games against lesser opposition and can be there in case we get a couple of injuries

It’s a tricky one. If we only have 4 for 60+ games, say one gets an injury and one gets suspended, it leaves us with no cover. I suppose Bassey can fill in as well and we have young players but it’s always a risk. I do agree Katic needs games too.
We’ve got to make room for the academy prospect.
Fifth choice for one of two positions is a minimum requirement.
As is third choice for one position.

Yeah I think we need 25 good options given match day squad is now 20.
That’s probably:
McGregor McLaughlin Firth
Tavernier Patterson
Barisic Bassey
Goldson Helander Balogun Simpson
Davis Kamara Lundstram Jack Arfield
Hagi Aribo
Kent Wright
Morelos Roofe Sakala Itten Defoe
Possibly Kelly to cover Jack/Arfield given their fitness varies. Any more decent signings and you’d have to assume someone from the above is for the off.
That’s a more than decent squad.

Back