Morelos on way back? His wife posting from airport

Yeah it'd be good for you to explain how even after this has been rationally and sensibly broken down on why the boy needs a holiday, like any other employee that you choose to double down on the ludicrous opinion you hold.

And what opinion is that?! That I’d prefer that he was with the squad preparing for the season ahead? Aye, ludicrous.

We all want him here obviously. Doesn't take away the fact he deserves a holiday.

Some sense. My point is simply that not having him with the squad is a problem. Morelos doesn’t pick and choose when he attends training so I’m not criticising him but anyone that thinks Morelos not being with the squad at this point in the season is not a potential problem is on a different planet.

I’d guess they’ll continue to be concerned he’s not yet in the country. Some fairly important games coming up so I’d be happier with our best players training with the squad and that.

If that’s regarded as hysterical these days then fair enough.
But conveniently ignore the fact he got the same time off as our Euro's players.....fair enough

And what opinion is that?! That I’d prefer that he was with the squad preparing for the season ahead? Aye, ludicrous.

Some sense. My point is simply that not having him with the squad is a problem. Morelos doesn’t pick and choose when he attends training so I’m not criticising him but anyone that thinks Morelos not being with the squad at this point in the season is not a potential problem is on a different planet.
Fair enough.

All of this would have been a lot easier if Rangers had said Alfie is on holiday until ?? and will return to Glasgow on ??

The notion that Alfie is suiting himself re his return date cannot be correct surely?

I is a great honour to represent your country but that was a total waste of time for Alf, and we will be the ones suffering.

Absolutely bonkers that one of our own has to quarantine for longer than a signing Celtic made for another country - if that’s the rules?

Vuelve rápido, Alfredo. Vamos.

I suspect Gerrard is probably a bit pissed off because he'll be thinking that Alfie should have incorporated his quarantine period into his time off so that he could be back in time for important qualifiers, (probably what SG would have done as a player) whereas Alfie was probably thinking "fūck that, I'm not spending my time off stuck in the hoose", hence Gerrard's seemingly pissed off demeanour.
Colombia’s last match was 2 weeks ago.

You seem to be suggesting SG would have expected Alfie to fly straight back and thus spend his 2 week break in an isolation hotel.

SG strikes me as a man of compassion and understanding, can’t believe for a second SG would have thought such a request was anything approaching reasonable

Its actually shocking how some people on here have reacted to Morelos in the last few days when he has done nothing wrong at all.
It's the same ones that criticise his disciplinary record , even though it shouldn't be anything like it is....

To be honest, much of the teeth gnashing is down to Gerrard’s comments on Friday about not knowing when Alfie was coming back.

Gerrard isn’t naive enough to pass that comment accidentally so he obviously thought he was sending a message to someone- whether player, agent, sfa, government or Ross Wilson about the arrangements.

His comments were surprising though as the timescales are what they are unless he is encouraging Alfie to bend the rules somehow by flying through a green list country whilst there are others in the club who don’t want to be seen to do that. That’s the only way I’d see his return date being uncertain

Maybe gerrard meant back to training?

It's the same ones that criticise his disciplinary record , even though it shouldn't be anything like it is....
People going on about Morelos weight . He actually looks gaunt in the most recent pics if anything . I’d say this is the slimmest he’s been in a long time . Looking forward to welcoming back our talisman .

Young man with a young family spending some time at home while doing charity work??

I think some on here need to give the boy a break, he should be used as an example to young people, instead he is constantly hounded in the press here (i wonder why).

Compare and contrast him with someone like Griffiths and the level of negative publicity he gets, is it balanced?

Let's face it we don't look the same side without Alfie, so even if he's 90% fit, and I have no idea of his fitness levels we must get him back in the side for the qualifiers.

People going on about Morelos weight . He actually looks gaunt in the most recent pics if anything . I’d say this is the slimmest he’s been in a long time . Looking forward to welcoming back our talisman .
Probably gaunt and pale as he’s terrified of Malmö?

A large percentage of our fans posting on Alfredo summer threads remind me of girlfriends who 'let' their other half away on a lads holiday.

As she sees him leave the house to jump in a taxi with his mates to the airport, she's giving it the 'aww hope you have THE BEST time baby, love you'

By the time the boy has one day left of the holiday she's threatening to smash up his house and calling him every name under the sun, even though the boy hasn't done anything wrong and been in regular contact.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder is what they say. Not for jealous birds it doesn't, or some Rangers fans. :shh:

It's not about rest, it's about getting to spend a fortnight with his extended family, who he will hardly have seen these past 18+ months due to covid, and most likely introduce his daughter to her grandparents. Players aren't machines or commodities, they are humans with human needs and basic rights the same as the rest of us. He will be coming back having had the shortest break, by far, in the whole squad and almost certainly the country. What's your contention? Straight here soon as they went out of the Copa as Rangers should be more important to him than his parents? I'm sure we would've had a very fired up and happy player on our hands if you were in charge. Yeah, he won't be 100% ready but he will still be fit after only 2 weeks off and burst his ass trying as he usually does, particularly given he's desperate to show himself in the champions league window.
Great post

I'd just add there is also a mental element to football, fans often forget, you can be physically fit and mentally drained.
As you said the players are not machines

I'm really struggling to figure out what people think Alfie has done wrong here, to be honest the gaffer has not helped here with his comments, which were aimed at the agent not the player

Someone in here telling me they would cut short there holidays and go back to work early cause lets be honest thats the case. Total lies someone is doing that

Alfie's not helped by the behaviour of his scummy agent, every window he seems to be agreeing terms with some team or other. Naturally this pisses people off, whether it's instigated by Alfredo or not it gives the impression that he's desperate to leave.
Or, it could just be some worthless media rags, creating a bit of click bait......?

Morelos must go. Think of the amount of time he commands from the club management, not to mention the posters on here. We would have time to do many things if he just moved on....... For an undisclosed fee. Imagine the posts!

Young man with a young family spending some time at home while doing charity work??

I think some on here need to give the boy a break, he should be used as an example to young people, instead he is constantly hounded in the press here (i wonder why).

Compare and contrast him with someone like Griffiths and the level of negative publicity he gets, is it balanced?
When you look at the adulation of Marcus Rashford in the media down South to the bad press Alfredo Morelos gets up here and their charity work.

Tells you all you need to know about MSSM and the hatred of everything Rangers in this backwater country we live in.

Its an unavoidable problem.

Can we not just cut the club and Alfie some slack and do the greeting when or if, it has an adverse affect on the team and proved to be caused by some xtra downtime

All of this would have been a lot easier if Rangers had said Alfie is on holiday until ?? and will return to Glasgow on ??

The notion that Alfie is suiting himself re his return date cannot be correct surely?
Maybe that interview hurried things a little.

And if he does need to isolate then where is the issue? He has had less time off than the rest of the team if he is on his way back.
No one on here is seriously telling me they think it’s ok for a player to miss our opening league game due to being away on holiday.

If he has to isolate for 10 days then sorry but he should have been back in the UK with his family before now so that he would be available for selection.

I get that players should be allowed holidays but when he’s on upwards of £30k a week and when on his game, one of our best players, he should be ready for the new season.

We’ve seen in recent seasons he doesn’t always start the season on fire and it took him a couple of months to get sharp last season.

Gerrard’s comments on Friday suggest he wasn’t entirely happy with the situation either.

Back