Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was actually impressed with the effort Madrid put into the

First I’ve had a look in that Sevco thread in a good while. The mental gymnastics are quite unbelievable:))

Some of them back to thinking our team will crumble with the “pressure” of having fans back.

This is the same team that won what was probably the biggest league title in the history of the Scottish game by 25 points, whilst smashing the 100 point barrier and going unbeaten in the process.

Seen they had all latched onto a rumour about Goldson leaving last week as well. They were all delighted as it was a massive loss for us and was supposedly going to be the first of many. Now he’s back to being shite again and is going to be torn apart by their new attacking style :))

If they didn’t exist, you really couldn’t make them up.
Last season it was we will crumble at Xmas and now it seems to be we will crumble with fans back !

What they fail to realise is that we have just won our 55th title and stopped their tainted 10 so the toxic atmosphere and extreme pressure is nowhere near the same now and our players will be playing with confidence and freedom.

What’s this?
They are tragically trying to claim that his fist salute that he seems to do all the time is a sign of defiance that is often used by Marxists/Republicans.
Maybe it is but I really don’t think their manager is doing it for those reasons. :D You need to remember that these lunatics think that red tops on a pair of socks represents the blood of an oppressed people.

Just beautiful reading:

I'd still love to know about this monitoring lab we used.

If it was a secretive place that returned false negatives so that our players could play then they missed a money making trick.

Could easily have sold their services to any top English team, "don't worry, we will make sure your squad isn't decimated in the EPL by providing fake tests".

And several players banned for Covid breaches.

The continued denial of events by sections of their lot will make this season even sweeter
They are metal, claim we are not a good team, that they have better players, that they are losing on purpose, etc.

I suppose its a good thing, the longer they stay in denial the longer we will rack up the wins over them.

And several players banned for Covid breaches.

The continued denial of events by sections of their lot will make this season even sweeter

They must have just erased St Johnstones last minute penalty against us as well (and soft one at that) that ended up costing us 2 points.

They really are a parody.

Many of them will just never be able to admit we have a good side ever again as we aren’t meant to be here.

Their fantasy world was some globally recognised new club playing second fiddle to them for eternity. It’s absolutely broken them that a globally recognised Rangers won our globally recognised 55th title to destroy their holy grail of 10iar.

The fabricated statistics and continued denial just offers them some form of comfort blanket.

Just watched a couple of Ange's interviews after the game.

Actually starting to feel sorry for him.

Genuinely. Lol.
Never ever make that mistake.
The thought of Kent against that defence is stauner inducing, especially after watching the goals video from yesterday.

I'm very much aware of the old adage that you can't take much from a pre-season friendly, but what happened yesterday isn't a lack of match fitness. It's a lack of ability and/or coaching. I think they're in big trouble this season.

Especially if Midjylland put them out.

God, what times we live in.

*strokes furiously*
Normally you would be 100% correct, but their season has started. Out on their arse this week from the midgies and the pressure is on big Ange already. He could be gone by October. B-DB-D

It's funny how not one person has said they watched the game ! if we had lost there would have been plenty of them saying they watched it.

The truth is they did watch it and are petrified for the season ahead.

The ones that have been posting on it are so transparently worried it's amazing. Trying to pretend they're having a laugh at us beating Real and them getting pumped off West Ham.

"They're totally going to win the champions league now "

giphy.gif

Last edited:
One other point they are really reluctant to face. In the last two league games at Ibrox, rangers put 5 past them (not particularly difficult, I admit), and not one of the scorers featured yesterday, although they are all still at Ibrox.
Can't wait until they are let loose at that defence.

Another thought just occurred to me. They whinge about all the referees helping us. Twice last season we lost points directly due to wrong decisions. Once against St J, when a penalty was awarded in injury time for no apparent reason and once at Easter Road when Hibs got an offside equaliser
(even Mickey Stewart said he was offside although it should still count because
a) he was only offside for a short time, and
b) it was against Rangers).
A loss of 4 points that in other seasons could have proved crucial.
I can't remember them dropping any points as a direct result of wrong decision.
Celtic and facts - they go together like Sinn Fein / SNP and truth.

Last edited:
They just don't want to believe we are a good side who has improved further with the signings made so far and the potential of Veerman coming. If they admit that then it means they are shite and they can't just blame refs'

They are just a mental bunch.

I don't like friendlies and I don't read too much into their results but after a few games you can start to see if a player is a player. So far their new CB looks a bombscare, Shaw looks OK but that's it. I didn't watch their last two games so not sure how that Abada guy looked. Its continued to highlight they have no keeper, out of 3 of them Ange still thinks Barkas is the best. They have no right back or left back of any quality. All these things will impact them and confidence if they lose against Midtylland.

Whereas we had a blip against Tranmere, but a blip that should've finished 5-1 but really poor finishing cost us. Plus more than half our team were still not back, that had pinned so many hopes on that result now they are seeing us compete with EPL teams and Real Madrid, you see players stand out, new players playing well, scoring. Not only that you see the togetherness of the squad and the management team and if I was a rival that's what would worry me most.

going by the Meltdown twitter - they're focus is on defending Griffiths the Nonce & deluding themselves that we aren't a good side

first one highlights their mentality
the 2nd one- keep it up please

They just don't want to believe we are a good side who has improved further with the signings made so far and the potential of Veerman coming. If they admit that then it means they are shite and they can't just blame refs'

I don't like friendlies and I don't read too much into their results but after a few games you can start to see if a player is a player. So far their new CB looks a bombscare, Shaw looks OK but that's it. I didn't watch their last two games so not sure how that Abada guy looked. Its continued to highlight they have no keeper, out of 3 of them Ange still thinks Barkas is the best. They have no right back or left back of any quality. All these things will impact them and confidence if they lose against Midtylland.

Whereas we had a blip against Tranmere, but a blip that should've finished 5-1 but really poor finishing cost us. Plus more than half our team were still not back, that had pinned so many hopes on that result now they are seeing us compete with EPL teams and Real Madrid, you see players stand out, new players playing well, scoring. Not only that you see the togetherness of the squad and the management team and if I was a rival that's what would worry me most.
They must be playing “No Shots” training, like le Guen’s “No tackling” training, if they think Clean Gloves is their best goalie. :)) :))

If it was a secretive place that returned false negatives so that our players could play then they missed a money making trick.

Could easily have sold their services to any top English team, "don't worry, we will make sure your squad isn't decimated in the EPL by providing fake tests".
This particular bit of mentalry came out of nowhere and stuck like glue.

I think there's a growing though largely unspoken realisation that Rangers have now created a very powerful squad indeed. The moon howlers of Scottish football have actually become somewhat quieter in recent weeks.

The reason for that is it's becoming ever more obvious that we're a level above all of them, yahoos included. They're all secretly more confident than we are that we will make the CL groups to become ever more powerful. This means all of them, yahoos sheep etc.

I will give an example of their increasing silence, the reason for which it's become ever so much harder not to look like a complete donkey when calling us "bang average" etc.

There's a "sevco" thread on the biggest sheep forum that currently runs to 35,300 posts. They have been obsessing on that thread night and day for years. And i'm seriously not exaggerating. Night and day round the clock that thread for years has been high up on their first page.

It has 10,000 more posts than their sack McInnes thread which has been running since 2015. But right now that "sevco" thread has fallen off of their front page for the first time I can ever remember. And I Have been watching them for years.

They obsess over us even more than the yahoos do. I think it's an attempt to create a rivalry that only exists in their heads. As if that puts them on a par with us. We have only one rival in Scotland and it's not them. Currently Hibs are a greater thorn in the side than they are.

The last post on that thread was July 1st. Over 3 weeks with no talk of 'sevco" is a record for them. I expect because they can see what's coming. They can see us totally dominating the league, and them, like we did last year.

Some of us think that too while many have reservations, for good reason. You just never know in football. But when you know even those who hate you think you're going to be dominant and they're fearing you it has to be a sign.

When the spiteful denialists are becoming quiet you might be encouraged to think we really are on the verge of another special season.

I think there's a growing though largely unspoken realisation that Rangers have now created a very powerful squad indeed. The moon howlers of Scottish football have actually become somewhat quieter in recent weeks.

The reason for that is it's becoming ever more obvious that we're a level above all of them, yahoos included. They're all secretly more confident than we are that we will make the CL groups to become ever more powerful. This means all of them, yahoos sheep etc.

I will give an example of their increasing silence, the reason for which it's become ever so much harder not to look like a complete donkey when calling us "bang average" etc.

There's a "sevco" thread on the biggest sheep forum that currently runs to 35,300 posts. They have been obsessing on that thread night and day for years. And i'm seriously not exaggerating. Night and day round the clock that thread for years has been high up on their first page.

It has 10,000 more posts than their sack McInnes thread which has been running since 2015. But right now that "sevco" thread has fallen off of their front page for the first time I can ever remember. And I Have been watching them for years.

They obsess over us even more than the yahoos do. I think it's an attempt to create a rivalry that only exists in their heads. As if that puts them on a par with us. We have only one rival in Scotland and it's not them. Currently Hibs are a greater thorn in the side than they are.

The last post on that thread was July 1st. Over 3 weeks with no talk of 'sevco" is a record for them. I expect because they can see what's coming. They can see us totally dominating the league, and them, like we did last year.

Some of us think that too while many have reservations, for good reason. You just never know in football. But when you know even those who hate you think you're going to be dominant and they're fearing you it has to be a sign.

When the spiteful denialists are becoming quiet you might be encouraged to think we really are on the verge of another special season.
Excellent post, agree with it all.

The creeping realisation of what’s happening is setting in.

What is more astounding is that pre-vaccine when Covid effects were stronger
we managed to cover up positive results to play guys riddled with Covid who still managed to perform to a high level

Im loving the assumption that the Japanese guy and the Swedish centre half are going to waltz straight into their first team and improve them. These guys, with quarantine, lack of match fitness, acclimatisation to our game etc, will need at least a month to bed in. Sakala is a perfect example, when did we sign him? Back in June, no? My point is, by the time they have put together a semblance of a team (mid September?) we’ll be over the hill and far away. Then you’re asking new players to cope with sheer bile coming off the stands and having to win every game they play.

Summation - they must be absolutely shiteing it right now, and rightly so.

Have they not got a fairly easy EL draw if/when they lose? Or have I imagined that?

Depends when they go out, in my view they have no chance of CL groups. If they beat Midtjylland which is more than debatable they would then likely face PSV who just hammered Galatasaray 5-1 in their first leg match.

PSV have a comparable squad transfer value to EPL sides the likes of Leeds and Newcastle etc. And are clearly in form while the yahoos are in disarray.

If they lose to Midtjylland they go into the Europa League Main Path third qualifying round. Where there are some tasty opposition and that's before the even tastier opposition in the play off round. Last year we got Galatasaray in that play off round.

According to wiki If they were to beat Midtjylland then face PSV and lose they would parachute straight into EL groups which I find baffling. Since we who are on the Champions path will according to the same wiki entry go into the EL play off round if we lose to Malmo/HJK.

The Champions Path losers will be transferred to the Europa League play-off round, while the League Path losers will be transferred to the Europa League group stage.

Exactly.

We agree that the results of preseason are not massively important.

But you want to see a progression in fitness, in readiness and in the squad gelling together and carrying out the tactics and strategy of the coaching team in a more cohesive and effective manner.

You can see that occurring across Rangers, alongside improved results against higher quality opposition.

There is no trend of improved performance, enhanced cohesion between the players and a growing emergence of a specific on field strategy or way of playing.

Thats what’s far more telling the results. However, the manner in which West Hame repeatedly ripped them apart from box to box and the 6-2 score line is the very apparent manifestation of those points in the previous paragraphs.

The results are meaningless without context. With context they can be a cause for concern.

Had to reread that last line, “spiteful dentists” came out of nowhere and I had to have a double take :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back