Real Madrid/Ancelloti match reaction

Davie2021

Bad Neighbour
Does anyone know if there’s been any comments or reaction from Real or their coaching staff from the game ? I normally like to read their thoughts on the match and how they felt both teams played etc . Have scoured the papers online but nothing . Any info appreciated .

Fair enough the boy is expecting his team to win against us but it's a bit of an overreaction for their first pre-season game with more than half of their first choice squad not even travelling over.

He's speaking there like that's the team that's going into their first league game on Wednesday rather than their top players still to even start training again.

It's not just us that do it then!

Not a mention of a Rangers player in that top article so I’ll do it for him. “Great goal by new signing Sakala.”

Fair enough the boy is expecting his team to win against us but it's a bit of an overreaction for their first pre-season game with more than half of their first choice squad not even travelling over.

He's speaking there like that's the team that's going into their first league game on Wednesday rather than their top players still to even start training again.

I watched about a minute of it and thought, he's nuts, he could be on FF.

It was their third pre-season game. They'd played two behind closed doors before us.

He's as mental as 90% of the match thread commentators in our third pre-season game against Arsenal. A game where likewise we were missing tons of first team players.

It was their third pre-season game. They'd played two behind closed doors before us.

He's as mental as 90% of the match thread commentators in our third pre-season game against Arsenal. A game where likewise we were missing tons of first team players.

Yeah, I just read the Marca reports and it mentioned the two BCD games. That's even better news for us then if they're slightly more up to speed than I thought.

You're right though. It's a way OTT reaction from yer man.

I enjoyed the match, from a Rangers perspective it was a satisfying runout and excellent preparation for next week.
The win was also something that we can cherish, after all, it is Real Madrid and they are probably the most magical name on the planet.
However, from Madrid's point of view, it was very much just a pre-season friendly with an experimental team lineup and a few key players missing.
Both clubs will keep a sensible perspective.
But that doesn't mean we shouldn't enjoy it. :D

He did 2 YouTube videos on the game. Was highly critical of Real and fulsome in his praise of us, Kent in particular.

I've enjoyed the reaction from the Tims more than anything. We've broken them, whilst they're getting routinely destroyed by West Ham, we're casually dishing out beat downs to Madrid. These are class times.

In addition to that I would suspect that the side Real fielded had a similar value to an EPL side. And yes we are ahead of them in pre season prep but so were the yahoos ahead of West Ham.

Ahead of us even. They have played a competitive game.

I have seen pundits who know more about football than I do say that Gerrard will be targeting knockout stages. I thought that a tall order given that would mean finishing at least second in a group and considering what's already in pots 1 and 2 for the CL groups draw.

Pot 1
Chelsea
Villarreal
Atletico Madrid
Manchester City
Inter Milan
Bayern Munich
Lille
Sporting CP

Pot 2
Real Madrid
Barcelona
Juventus
Paris Saint-Germain
Manchester United
Liverpool
Sevilla
Borussia Dortmund

We would be in a group that would include one side from each of those pots in it. We would need to be beating such sides to reach those knockout stages but some think Gerrard is clearly targeting doing so.

In addition to that I would suspect that the side Real fielded had a similar value to an EPL side. And yes we are ahead of them in pre season prep but so were the yahoos ahead of West Ham.

I have seen pundits who know more about football than I do say that Gerrard will be targeting knockout stages. I thought that a tall order given that would mean finishing at least second in a group and considering what's already in pots 1 and 2 for the CL groups draw.

Pot 1
Chelsea
Villarreal
Atletico Madrid
Manchester City
Inter Milan
Bayern Munich
Lille
Sporting CP

Pot 2
Real Madrid
Barcelona
Juventus
Paris Saint-Germain
Manchester United
Liverpool
Sevilla
Borussia Dortmund

We would be in a group that would include one side from each of those pots in it. We would need to be beating such sides to reach those knockout stages but some think Gerrard is clearly targeting doing so.
Pot 2 looks as strong as pot 1.

Nothing wrong with that I guess. Same mentality as what we have, that all we ask from our team is to be up for it. To want to win. We clearly wanted to get our intensity levels higher as we're approaching our season starting but I was surprised at just how much more quality we had than their players.

Pot 1
Chelsea
Villarreal
Atletico Madrid
Manchester City
Inter Milan
Bayern Munich
Lille
Sporting CP

Pot 2
Real Madrid
Barcelona
Juventus
Paris Saint-Germain
Manchester United
Liverpool
Sevilla
Borussia Dortmund

It would be some leap for any pundit to suggest we'll make the knockout stages of the CL. We still have a very tricky qualification process to navigate. Assuming we do, we'd need Lille and Sevilla in that group to have any chance of qualification IMO.

Reactions: WBD
It would be some leap for any pundit to suggest we'll make the knockout stages of the CL. We still have a very tricky qualification process to navigate. Assuming we do, we'd need Lille and Sevilla in that group to have any chance of qualification IMO.
I don’t think we’d fear Sporting.

Back