Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn't really 'spend' £7m on Kent though, we invested £7m in him and we could easily more than double that tomorrow if we wanted.

If the management and scouting teams believe Veerman's value is only going to increase (which it will, especially if he's soon capped by The Netherlands, as expected), investing another £7m in him would be good business financially.
I mean we did spend £7 million on Kent :)) and Kent is looking to be a great buy. What I was meaning was more I think the management team and Ross Wilson won’t spend a large fee like that again unless we sell in the midfield. We do spend money in the midfield then it becomes quite crowded. We’d have veerman, Davis, Kamara, lundstram, arfield, jack, Kelly. With aribo and hagi as well who usually goes between the midfield 3 and the two number 10 positions.

I get that some would send Kelly out on loan but we need to give the youth a chance at some point and if we delay giving Kelly a chance this year it’ll just keep getting delayed, next year another reason would come up as to why we can’t give him the chance, until he leaves because of lack of opportunities. Kelly’s made 60 odd appearances now for ayr and Ross county last season, he’s done his time out on loan.

Last edited:
Could just be his agent stirring up paper talk, but this is my fear also. There must be good reason we haven't bid yet which I strongly suspect will be financial. We obviously need to respect the boards position but he's clearly very talented and others will come sniffing around.
If the gaffer says he wants 1 or 2 in then it can't be financial,maybe they've other targets. If we really wanted him surely we'd have made a bid by now. That's the risk we run that the interest that's been generated in him may we'll catch the eye of an EPL team,whereas before now he was kinda under the radar. The gaffer seemed pretty confident of getting his targets. Annoying for us that most of us haven't a clue who we have our sights set on,but it's so satisfying that the only sniff the press have are on these forums.

It’s all very quiet . I’m gobsmacked but delighted that we haven’t received a single bid for Kamara , Morelos or barisic . I was worried . Now, I can relax and look forward to the new season .

It’s all very quiet . I’m gobsmacked but delighted that we haven’t received a single bid for Kamara , Morelos or barisic . I was worried . Now, I can relax and look forward to the new season .

Transfer window doesn't shut until the end of August. Can see the transfer merry-go-round beginning this week in England.

If it was nonsense it would have been shut down by the club long ago.

Chris Jack is not firing out articles stating outright that Rangers want to sign Joey Veerman if "its nonsense".
Nobody knows anything about our transfers, not even Chris Jack.

The club doesn’t usually shut down rumours posted on FF/Twitter.

Nobody knows anything about our transfers, not even Chris Jack.

The club doesn’t usually shut down rumours posted on FF/Twitter.
Its not rumours, its lots of articles from in Holland and the UK. Not just posts on here and Twitter.

Absolute myth that nobody knows a thing as well. Everyone and their dug knew about Lundstram for over a year.

Chris Jack is also not going to spread false news.

Its not rumours, its tens of articles from across Europe.

Absolute myth that nobody knows a thing as well. Everyone and their dug knew about Lundstram for over a year.
Nobody knows a thing about out big money moves, which Veerman would fall under. That is 100% fact. We operate differently. Articles from across Europe are based on speculation and guesswork. Most of it probably because the ‘4 year deal agreed’ bullshit spilled out from here on to Twitter/Halidays twitch stream and gained momentum. There has been tens of articles across Europe linking us to all and sundry. Doesn’t mean it’s happening/done.

In any case the post on here about it being done is still attention seeking nonsense, yes?

Not sure if your completely serious, but I'll bite.
SK looks a great prospect, but he doesn't seem to be at the level of veerman, in that SK would be bit part, veerman would be integral

They also seem to be two completely different players. Whilst they both play deeper in midfield, SK seems to be very much the davo mould, that link between defence and mid, go at keeping the ball and recycling it to the playmakers to make something happen. Veerman in contrast seems to be very much the deep lying playmaker, threading passes to the attack, spreading wide and penetrative passes. For me, he seems like a hagi/kamara combo, a player who can get himself out of tight spaces, but also see passes and movement that others can't and get the transition moving much faster.

As other posters have alluded to, we are going to see player turnover the next 12months with likely davo retiring and the likes of kamara/aribo being sold. Having both veerman come in, and the integration of SK, would seem smart business
Its not essential to go out go out and overspend.Imo

Been born and played much of his life in Italy, Seria A and B. Maybe not someone for the CL games, but sure someone who can cope with Livingston and Co.. Who knows ....

Gianluca Lapadula at TM
Yeah, I’ve seen a fair bit of him.

We have 4 strikers better than him, and he wouldn’t be a long term signing so I see no real reason we’d be interested.

Clickbait nonsense I reckon.

There is still loads of the window left. Our season might start next week but most clubs around Europe won't be playing a week game until at least a week later.

Going by YouTube I would love us to be in for Veerman, he likes the ball over the top and Sakala made some very good runs (wasn't picked out) last night in first half. Would be a good option against higher defensive lines in Europe

Nobody knows a thing about out big money moves, which Veerman would fall under. That is 100% fact. We operate differently. Articles from across Europe are based on speculation and guesswork. Most of it probably because the ‘4 year deal agreed’ bullshit spilled out from here on to Twitter/Halidays twitch stream and gained momentum. There has been tens of articles across Europe linking us to all and sundry. Doesn’t mean it’s happening/done.

In any case the post on here about it being done is still attention seeking nonsense, yes?
He heard something, so did Andy Halliday.

I’d rather people shared things they hear, I don’t know why there’s a rush to bully them into keeping quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back