An observation on Glen Kamara.

Mate i boarded a flight to London recently and Kamara was directly in front of me. I was surprised at how tall he was, really nice lad as well.
Hes 100% not tall bro,im looking at pucture of us just now so id guess 5ft 9 at an absolute push, unless i was standing on a step and didnae notice:))

but aye cracking guy.

He was underrated by our fans throughout most of last season and is only now starting to get the recognition he deserves. I thought he was our most important player in a lot of big games last season.
He was underrated because he cost £50,000 from Dundee and that’s not very sexy.

He is genuine quality. Can’t wait to see him in the CL. Same goes for Kent and Morelos.

He only played 45 minutes yesterday coming on at half time.

Its the first Ive seen him play in the flesh in well over a year.

The improvement in his game since he signed for us has been nothing short of staggering and our coaching staff as well as wee Glen really do need huge praise for turning a talented wee guy into a top international player who can play at the highest level.

We all hope he signs and extensions and stays for at least another season at Ibrox BUT I genuinely believe he wouldnt look out of place playing with a top level elite european team, hes that good.

He cruised through the game yesterday, the way he receives the ball, the way he uses his body with and without the ball, his closing down of players and space, I could go on.

Cracking wee player who with his best years in front of him is going to go on and have a great career, I just hope we can convince him to sign a year or 2s extension and stay for 56 plus hopefully help us into the champions league before he moves on.
Guys absolute quality.

I genuinely believe he will eventually play for a top six EPL side. By the way he is taller than 5 9.

He's a serious miss for the game vs Malmo, but I'm hoping Davis, Lundstram and Arfield will be enough (or Jack if he is back).

Kamara seems to stroll through games and always looks so composed. At least he'll be fresh for the league games to help us start strong.

See the wee move he does, when he left the ball roll and then he opens up with one touch (I’ve definitely did an injustice with my description), it is genius.

9423-D8-C2-A039-4-D89-8-E0-F-46-C200-F41742.jpg
Not the first time Wilkie has said or done something he'd come to regret -

This place man :)). Kamaras height is somewhere between a midget and a giant.

Reminds me of the description Del, Rodney and Grandad gave of the microwave thief in Only fools:

"According to you and your family, we are looking for a 6ft 7in dwarf, aged between 15 and 50, a white male with oriental features, who’s as black as Newgate’s knocker! And, oh yeah, he wears a deaf-aid!"

Watching some of Marcelos touches yesterday, how he reads the game, classy player, then our Glen sends him to the shop and he comes back with a pint of milk and no dignity. Simple, brilliant football, he is ours and we need to appreciate him for now as he is destined for for a top team in a top league.

I think, and bare in mind it's only a hunch, that we might have said to Glen, let us get to champions league and a season playing at that level and you can pick your team in Europe next summer. And agree that if we fail to make CL that he can leave this summer.

What a footballer though!

It's the same with "wee" Hagi.
I’ll admit to being guilty of the same thing with Hagi, I had no idea he was 6”.
Isn’t it weird what your perceptions of some players can be? For instance, I’d never think of calling Arfield wee but he must be at least a couple of inches shorter than ‘wee’ Glen and ‘wee’ Hagi.

I’m hoping he wants a crack at the champions league with us. Stay this year, have a good year in Europe, helps us win the league and then moves next summer for big cash

One of those players that just makes you feel relaxed when he's on the ball, sort of player every team needs.

I don't think we will get what he's truly worth if we were to sell him in this window, if we get to the Champions League and he can show how comfortable he is at that level we will have several big clubs with big wallets interested.

People will say stop exaggerating etc but I genuinely believe we have a £35 million player now on our hands . I just said on the other thread I cannot quite believe we’ve had no bids from EPL sides .
It’s beyond me.

He’d absolutely stroll it down there. He’s like a controlling central midfielder with the footwork of a tricky winger, I’ve never seen a player like him.

In respect of Glen Kamara, he has become a great footballer with the coaching/guidance he has received with us. Composed with confidence in his own ability. He did a wee turn over the weekend taking out two players in the process. Give us another great season Glen and set yourself up with a top EPL team.

There was a moment where we took a throw-in and Kamara controlled it and turned away from traffic in one motion, it's the kind of thing he does regularly but you really have to appreciate his talent when you see him look head and shoulders above anyone in a Real Madrid shirt

He has the ball control and technique of a maverick playmaker type but the defensive/pressing game of a tireless workhorse type, it's truly remarkable the extent to which he's like having two great players in one

It’s beyond me.

He’d absolutely stroll it down there. He’s like a controlling central midfielder with the footwork of a tricky winger, I’ve never seen a player like him.
He is also sensational at nicking the ball , we saw it again yesterday for sakala goal , he’s like an octopus you see him standing on two legs but then from nowhere a third telescopic leg seems to appear and the ball is gone , I don’t know how he does it . The complete package .

Last edited:
Your point about the coaching staff and the job they do is absolutely spot on and why it’s ridiculous that we get so many on here crying about potential signings or our youth players saying they’re not good enough or won’t make it before they’ve eve. had a chance to get in the team or to be coached to a higher standard and our staff are certainly showing that they can improve players

Your point about the coaching staff and the job they do is absolutely spot on and why it’s ridiculous that we get so many on here crying about potential signings or our youth players saying they’re not good enough or won’t make it before they’ve eve. had a chance to get in the team or to be coached to a higher standard and our staff are certainly showing that they can improve players
Yep, that aspect drives me crazy.

It’s up there with folk greeting about how we’ll never be able to replace Morelos with the money we’ll get for him etc - some have very little faith in the scouting and coaching levels at the club.

The improvement in his game since he signed for us has been nothing short of staggering and our coaching staff as well as wee Glen really do need huge praise for turning a talented wee guy into a top international player who can play at the highest level.

We all hope he signs and extensions and stays for at least another season at Ibrox BUT I genuinely believe he wouldnt look out of place playing with a top level elite european team, hes that good.

He cruised through the game yesterday, the way he receives the ball, the way he uses his body with and without the ball, his closing down of players and space, I could go on.

Cracking wee player who with his best years in front of him is going to go on and have a great career, I just hope we can convince him to sign a year or 2s extension and stay for 56 plus hopefully help us into the champions league before he moves on.
He is a player who’s confidence is at the top end and is starting to believe he is as good he is being told he is, he can be a top top player in any league he chooses to play but hopefully it’s us he chooses for a he next two or three seasons as he is a winner

People will say stop exaggerating etc but I genuinely believe we have a £35 million player now on our hands . I just said on the other thread I cannot quite believe we’ve had no bids from EPL sides .
Stop exaggerating.

He’s a super player but playing in Scotland instantly lowers the premium for anyone wanting to buy him,

If he goes we’ll get a good fee anyway and he’s been an absolute diamond for us.

The use of his body is terrific, he gets himself 2 yards with those feints he does. Very intelligent and awareness in tight situations is Brill. The better players that surround him, the better he is gonna become. Got to be the steal of the century 50,000

He is also sensational at nicking the ball , we saw it again yesterday for sakala goal , he’s like an octopus you see him standing on two legs but then from nowhere a third telescopic leg seems to appear and the ball is gone , I don’t know how he does it . The complete package .
Answered your own question ;)

He could literally play for any team in the world. He's given the ball away about three times in his whole Rangers career. Granted it was a second string side but he was absolutely levels above the Real midfield yesterday.

Unfortunately those 3 times he gave the ball away tended to lead to goals, and that made me quite nervous about him playing in the early stages of his Rangers career.

He has cut that out of his game now though and looks infinitely more comfortable on the ball.

A fantastic player.

Real classy midfielder is our Glen, hope he stays and signs his improved contract, he deserves to be on the CL stage and everyone benefits, our team, his profile and continued development and the eventual transfer fee our club receives when he does leave for a top league team!!

How high do we think he will eventually get to in the game? Club and league wise?

Back