Ballot for Livi game

Not anything solid , no source to back it up but someone on my bus yesterday said the club were trying to get a full house for Livingston. He claims it came from someone working in hospitality . My first thought was BS. But looking at the case numbers in the last week would anyone be suprised if Nicola moved the date forward a week .

Not anything solid , no source to back it up but someone on my bus yesterday said the club were trying to get a full house for Livingston. He claims it came from someone working in hospitality . My first thought was BS. But looking at the case numbers in the last week would anyone be suprised if Nicola moved the date forward a week .
That would just being it forward to the 2nd Aug so still too late for the Livi game.

When it comes to Covid I don’t think that wee boot has ever moved anything forward

Not great from the club that at nearly 8pm on Monday before the game we have heard hee haw. People have to make travel arrangements.

Put it this way I would be less surprised if Big Foot and Santa appeared in my back garden and had a naked pillow fight.

I got tickets to both Brighton and Real so not overly bothered about missing out in this one as I Know we will be back fully soon anyway

I am in Spain at the moment so RTV for me but how annoying for all the West Mids/Cheshire and North Wales bears as the train prices are ridiculous at short notice. I have booked in advance for when I am back for flag day

I am in Spain at the moment so RTV for me but how annoying for all the West Mids/Cheshire and North Wales bears as the train prices are ridiculous at short notice. I have booked in advance for when I am back for flag day
That game could end up the Sunday

It’s actually outrageous that we still don’t know who will be able to attend the match. The ballot could have been done with the original numbers and any further numbers added in when confirmed. Given the money the fans contribute to the business they are treated appallingly. The club play on our loyalty because any other business wouldn’t survive with this lack of professionalism. Rant over.

It’s actually outrageous that we still don’t know who will be able to attend the match. The ballot could have been done with the original numbers and any further numbers added in when confirmed. Given the money the fans contribute to the business they are treated appallingly. The club play on our loyalty because any other business wouldn’t survive with this lack of professionalism. Rant over.
Agree with all of this. Even if something is getting in the way of a ballot the Club should be informing us what the hold up is and when the ballot is talking place. I'm now at the stage of having to make alternative plans for Saturday meaning I'll have to miss out now.

This will be a result of having two matches over the weekend and having trouble with that. But also still not having an exact figure for numbers to hand.

Whilst I have some sympathy, they’ve had the 17k number for a week now so they really should’ve allocated those tickets and then added to them once they knew they were getting 6k more. Or at least communicated something, anything with only a few days to go.

This will be a result of having two matches over the weekend and having trouble with that. But also still not having an exact figure for numbers to hand.

Whilst I have some sympathy, they’ve had the 17k number for a week now so they really should’ve allocated those tickets and then added to them once they knew they were getting 6k more. Or at least communicated something, anything with only a few days to go.
The league match should be a priority as people have paid for season tickets and the club know the numbers involved.

I'm still not fussed about rushing back. A full house and competative football will see that change.

Pp000pppp

200w.gif

In 2008 I seem to remember I got a ticket for Manchester from the fifth ballot.

Multiple ballots were in use then.

Doesn’t seem like it’s been very well managed but imagine a supposed increase in capacity has had an impact - not as easy as just initially allocating the first 17k then releasing more of increased capacity secured.

For example on initial capacity they may have allocated seat numbers 1, 4, 7, 10. Whereas on an increased capacity it might be 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 etc. If they allocate based on the lower numbers they would be limited in terms of what additional seats they could offer due to distancing.

Doesn’t seem like it’s been very well managed but imagine a supposed increase in capacity has had an impact - not as easy as just initially allocating the first 17k then releasing more of increased capacity secured.

For example on initial capacity they may have allocated seat numbers 1, 4, 7, 10. Whereas on an increased capacity it might be 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 etc. If they allocate based on the lower numbers they would be limited in terms of what additional seats they could offer due to distancing.
No need to allocate seats yet, just tell people they've been successful.

If QR codes are being used again, seat allocations can wait until the end of the week

No need to allocate seats yet, just tell people they've been successful.

If QR codes are being used again, seat allocations can wait until the end of the week
Don’t disagree mate but this is the same ticket office who in the past haven’t confirmed people’s away ticket allocations until they have received the physical tickets from the home club - just highlighting that this is likely a factor in them delaying releasing info.

Hopefully there is a not interested option

already some folk on the thread that are working, can’t travel or isolating

rather than just not take up the option it would allow the club to offer the ticket to someone else quicker if folk could decline the offer

rather than just not take up the option it would allow the club to offer the ticket to someone else quicker if folk could decline the offer
I assume you will need to choose a seat so will have the option not to with those tickets going into a second ballot.

I don’t know if this has been covered but would it have been viable/sensible for the club to let ST holders to opt out of ballot if they cannot make the game?

You could have a situation where a ticket is allocated to someone who can’t go anyway when many will miss out.

I don’t think many would take the option regardless but could reduce the pool a bit.

I wasn't that fussed, but last night was brilliant.
I'll be in the minority but I quite enjoyed the reduced attendance.

Not constantly up and down to let someone to the toilet, more leg room, nobody right behind you showering you in saliva as they scream abuse at the referee/opposition/Rangers player for a misplaced pass.

Could get used to it :eek:

I assume you will need to choose a seat so will have the option not to with those tickets going into a second ballot.
I don’t know if this has been covered but would it have been viable/sensible for the club to let ST holders to opt out of ballot if they cannot make the game?

You could have a situation where a ticket is allocated to someone who can’t go anyway when many will miss out.

I don’t think many would take the option regardless but could reduce the pool a bit.
I think @student_loyal has it right. It will be carnage but my thinking is it will be the same as the friendlies. They will add a code (T22106?) and you will have a period of time to pick your seat. If you don’t do so, it will get re-allocated and code T22106 will pop up on someone else’s account.

Purely a guess on my part I stress.

I think @student_loyal has it right. It will be carnage but my thinking is it will be the same as the friendlies. They will add a code (T22106?) and you will have a period of time to pick your seat. If you don’t do so, it will get re-allocated and code T22106 will pop up on someone else’s account.

Purely a guess on my part I stress.
Of course I’m right :D

In 2008 I seem to remember I got a ticket for Manchester from the fifth ballot.

Multiple ballots were in use then.

Was the same mate. Got one on the Friday before then had to queue for hours the next day, missing most of the Dundee United game.

Just don’t get why they’re doing it all at once. Like you say, could’ve done an initial ballot and then more on top of that if/when they got the numbers.

No one would opt out. They’d just give it to mates

Back