Further stadium improvements?

Milger72

The board are doing fantastic but does anyone know what else is planned?

I know it's probably been done to death but is there any update of that creamy/beige brick/paneling at the top of the stadium round the outside? It looks terrible.

I found a new pet hate yesterday. We have big pictures up in the concourse of the Broomloan rear. Alfie, tav, Gerrard, ross mcCrorie and Murphy!

Ill still never understand why they don’t get fans in with paintbrushes. The BR is a mess especially when the toilets.
The Broomloan stand is 40 years old.

They are being maintained to an acceptable standard. Major refurbishments like toilets is something the club cannot afford.

The priority is the managers budget. After the Spivs the stadium maintenance and improvements have been just fine.

I found a new pet hate yesterday. We have big pictures up in the concourse of the Broomloan rear. Alfie, tav, Gerrard, ross mcCrorie and Murphy!

Ill still never understand why they don’t get fans in with paintbrushes. The BR is a mess especially when the toilets.
My season ticket is in the BR with the kids and it's badly in need of improvements now the unwashed don't have their allocation there. By far the worst stand we have.

It was half done 18 months ago and work just stopped . It now looks worse as half are lovely clear modern sheeting then it joins onto tobacco stained 40 year old panels . And nobody seems to know why .
There must be a reason although it’d be good if the club told us.

At the same time, we should all just be happy with what has been done rather than demand more. I’m sure the board have a programme of works for as and when funds allow.

It is remarkable how much money has been invested in the stadium and training centre since getting rid of the spivs. Not to mention in the playing squad especially the past 3 years despite losses.

We have a few really good bears to be grateful towards for what they have done for our club.

It was half done 18 months ago and work just stopped . It now looks worse as half are lovely clear modern sheeting then it joins onto tobacco stained 40 year old panels . And nobody seems to know why .
The money being used was the Rangers pools money now all of the pools money is going towards ED House

The concourses/steps at seats etc could do with a clean up but don’t get too worked up about it

So they just stopped at halfway and left it ?
I'm sure there were other mitigating factors however just knew that the money being used at the time for the panels were from the Rangers pools now all the pools money is being ring fenced for Ed House until completion

Don’t hold your breath. The last time I was in the female toilets in the Main Stand they still had a poster of Chris Burke up :oops:

What is the reason bud . It’s not that obvious . The ideal time to finish the work was with no fans in .
I'm going to guess contractor / supply issues.

The work would not have been started without Rangers agreeing and signing up to it's completion.

I'm sure the guy who's cladding company it was posted in here.

I'm going to guess contractor / supply issues.

The work would not have been started without Rangers agreeing and signing up to it's completion.

I'm sure the guy who's cladding company it was posted in here.
So he took the job then ran out of cladding to finish it

I don't know.

Though if you think about it logically then its hard to see how a half finished job scenario is the fault of the club.
I understand businesses have supply issues but to do half then wait over a full year for the rest is a stretch surely

Rewatched the Real game this evening and at one point there was a top down view of (I believe) the dugouts and they were absolutely manky.
Been like that for a good few years now.

Don't care what anyone says, there is absolutely no excuse for that. That's just sloppy standards.

Quoted the wrong post.

It really annoys me when people come out with sarcastic nonsense in response to valid complaints.

beating Madrid doesn’t stop the dugouts from being rusty, does it?
The dugout Roofs have been a rusty , moss covered mess for three seasons at least . One of the cheapest and easiest fixes of all , give me a wire brush , a small step ladder and paint and I’d have both spic and span in 1 day . This type of thing is very frustrating and the whole main stand can see it every game .

Couldnt make the game on Saturday because I was still rough fi Blackpool.
Anyone in the BF tell us if the toilets are upgraded?

The UBs have their own painted mural on the wall in the concourse in BF1, it would be a good if the club came to some agreement with the UBs alongside some of the young fans in the BR to design and decorate the Family Section concourse

The dugout Roofs have been a rusty , moss covered mess for three seasons at least . One of the cheapest and easiest fixes of all , give me a wire brush , a small step ladder and paint and I’d have both spic and span in 1 day . This type of thing is very frustrating and the whole main stand can see it every game .
You got the job Davie lol

Getting an extra 5000-10000 seats in would be lovely but think that's a medium term goal according to John Bennett short term I'd like to see some concourse improvement and add more variety in terms of food stands

Quoted the wrong post.

It really annoys me when people come out with sarcastic nonsense in response to valid complaints.

beating Madrid doesn’t stop the dugouts from being rusty, does it?

It’s nit picking at its absolute worst. The full club was an utter shambles and left to rot for years. Slowly but surely they are putting things right all over the place. Staffing was reduced to the point where general maintenance was impossible. If you are genuinely going to Ibrox and the thing getting you upset is the dugouts looking a bit dirty then I think the club are doing just fine.

Would love to see the houses of some folk who go on about this stuff, you’d be able to eat your dinner off their driveway.

It’s nit picking at its absolute worst. The full club was an utter shambles and left to rot for years. Slowly but surely they are putting things right all over the place. Staffing was reduced to the point where general maintenance was impossible. If you are genuinely going to Ibrox and the thing getting you upset is the dugouts looking a bit dirty then I think the club are doing just fine.

Would love to see the houses of some folk who go on about this stuff, you’d be able to eat your dinner off their driveway.
To be fair he's right though. We understand the past but that doesn't make out that we don't want to improve, and only way to improve is to rip out the rust and get it gleaming again, no point on having fancy led boards etc if not going to replace the old. I understand it takes time and there's alot to do.

Back