Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
joemcd1994

6 min. ago#7547
I was willing to cut a degree of slack. But we seem to have opened negotiations with about 7 right backs (well publicised negotiations) and then hummed and hawed before pulling out and letting them go somewhere else.

I get Ange's reasoning about having 2 or 3 on to go for each position at at time but there is no rationale to the amount of players we are negotiating with then letting go cold.

We're like someone fumbling about in the dark at the dancing at 3am trying to look for a pull

What an amateur. People are out by 3am. Should fumble at 2.45am.

Keeping up the new club stuff must absolutely drain the life out of them :))

Their main supporters groups put out a joint statement / priority list to their new CEO a couple of months back with one of the main priorities being addressing new / old club status and the “continuation myth” with the authorities as they called it.

If it was all a big laugh to them as they make out then they really wouldn’t need to go to such lengths to try and make their case. The fact that they have done tells you that they must feel utterly defeated by it.

It eats away at them every single day that the same old Rangers that’s haunted them all their days just won their 55th title and stopped their fabled 10.

Keeping up the new club stuff must absolutely drain the life out of them :))

Their main supporters groups put out a joint statement / priority list to their new CEO a couple of months back with one of the main priorities being addressing new / old club status and the “continuation myth” with the authorities as they called it.

If it was all a big laugh to them as they make out then they really wouldn’t need to go to such lengths to try and make their case. The fact that they have done tells you that they must feel utterly defeated by it.

It eats away at them every single day that the same old Rangers that’s haunted them all their days just won their 55th title and stopped their fabled 10.
Just drop this bombshell on them. Gets them every time.

Should note that the club and assets were sold in the June whilst the oldco was in Administration not Liquidation, which happened in the October.

The old co still hasn’t actually been liquidated.

Up for mental gymnastics gold in Tokyo is "Quiet Assassin" on the Sevco thread with this attempt to rationalise the competing fortunes at the weekend:

"Mind they beat Chelsea at Ibrox and Sebo scored the winner?
That should probably tell you how much these games really indicate."

If Quiet Assassin had bothered to use his brain before bashing his keyboard with all twelve fingers, he might have realised that was the pre-season of 07/08, a season which would see us put 3 past Lyon away, get to the UEFA Cup Final, win a cup double, and only be cheated out of the league by the yet-to-happen Japan tour. So beating Chelsea wasn't exactly a bad indicator for how the team would perform that season.

The poor sod doesn't even realise he's completely undermining the entire Sevco thread in his witty post by referring to the team they claim "is deid" to try to make a point that he singularly fails to make anyway.

If you made them up they'd be smarter, they'd have to be. Sevcooo, Seebooo, 10 in a rooowww. Moon howling wanks B-) :shh:

Was in the boozer today and got talking to a guy who seemed pleasant enough. Started off on a positive note then quickly turned to football chat with him asking me wit team I supported...
He was one of the mhanky mhob and tried to get his point across that last season was all from a business perspective from the SFA and to make our league more appealling Celtic agreed to gift us the league. You honestly couldn't make it up the guy was genuinely adamant this was true and was going red in the face trying to get his point across. Me and my pal were pissing ourselves laughing by this point and just walked away telling him we are the people..... 55 has absolutely destroyed these chunts and it fills me with so much joy I cannot describe
Any time talking to an unknown tim - they are always desperate to know which team you support.

He only just signed for Fernebache on July 1st for £5.4m! Looking at his stats he had 1 very good season in Belgium a few years ago scoring 20 goals. Apart from that average.
So Fernebache signed him less than a month ago and they are going to sell him at a 1.5m loss? Are the tramps just throwing names out at random now? Lol

Last edited:
So Fernebache signed him less than a month ago and they going to sell him at a 1.5m loss? Are the tramps just throwing names out at random now? Lol
It reminds of playing champ manager , just sold someone and want to spend the money , they tried to sign players for £5m that they spent (allegedly :rolleyes:) on starfelt , it looks now they have £3m and keep”bidding” that to everyone in hope that some club says yes

Big Desmond is on the case now, they would rather he stayed out of it

That whole piece is tragic.

You’ve got the business man who owns the club stepping in because the CEO and manager cant get transfers done.

The star names they are bigging up are mediocre nobodies, who they probably can’t attract financially.

This seemed quite telling to me

”….the French club are due 40 percent (it is not 50%) of any profit above that.”.

Makes it look like the whole thing was written by the club and the Daily Rebel told to print it.

The whole article looks like another PR piece gone wrong. Like they think some Derby fullback they can’t afford and Desmond stepping in to save the day is gonna placate the hordes. Rather than putting out fires I think this more akin to adding fuel to the bonfire.

Last edited:
He only just signed for Fernebache on July 1st for £5.4m! Looking at his stats he had 1 very good season in Belgium a few years ago scoring 20 goals. Apart from that average.
so they’re gonna sell him at an almost 50% loss the same month. Wow, that’s some bad journalism

One other point they are really reluctant to face. In the last two league games at Ibrox, rangers put 5 past them (not particularly difficult, I admit), and not one of the scorers featured yesterday, although they are all still at Ibrox.
Can't wait until they are let loose at that defence.

Another thought just occurred to me. They whinge about all the referees helping us. Twice last season we lost points directly due to wrong decisions. Once against St J, when a penalty was awarded in injury time for no apparent reason and once at Easter Road when Hibs got an offside equaliser
(even Mickey Stewart said he was offside although it should still count because
a) he was only offside for a short time, and
b) it was against Rangers).
A loss of 4 points that in other seasons could have proved crucial.
I can't remember them dropping any points as a direct result of wrong decision.
Celtic and facts - they go together like Sinn Fein / SNP and truth.

The decision to splash about £9m on Barkas and Duffy was a wrong decision that cost them a few points mate. :))

They are already in Denmark? 48 hours before the game?
Flange didn't know when the draw was and thought you get 3 points in a knockout game (if anyone should understand the concept of Home and Away, you'd think it would be an Aussie.).

He probably thinks the games the morra night.

He might even be sitting in the away dugout right now, wondering why the floodlights aren't on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back