Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy with the Bosmans we captured. If you take the transfrmarkt estimate of their valuations they're worth around £9m between them.

But I think there will still be spending accordant with Euro results. If we make CL groups I would be more than surprised if there weren't some sort of signing. Perhaps even worthy of the label marquee signing.

So, I believe the club will still spend money. But there will also be outgoings. I suspect Morelos for one.

I don't get it either. Its as if some fans only feel comforted when there's money spent on players and free transfers don't satisfy their strange desperate need to see money spent to make them feel better.
It’s also folk who will be looking across the road at money being spent and raging for some reason. For once, We aren’t in a position where we must spend. As an aside, the Bosmans we’ve signed are easily upwards of £10m on the open market under contract

Id rather bide our time tbh if we are looking for that one special player

It's as if David Murray never happened. It's all about spend, spend, spend on here. Let's sign Veerman, Doekhi, Bright-Samuel to improve our pool.
Has FF ever counted how many senior players we have?
The first 11 needs strengthened so does the squad we have done the latter I would say this summer and we have been linked with some good young promising players nothing wrong in wanting us to improve especially with crucial CL qualfiers and the jackpot of money available if we manage to qualify.

It’s also folk who will be looking across the road at money being spent and raging for some reason. For once, We aren’t in a position where we must spend. As an aside, the Bosmans we’ve signed are easily upwards of £10m on the open market under contract

£5 million for Barkas or McGregor on a free transfer is a good example. Spending money doesn't guarantee success unless it's on increasing players who are doing well and their wages statistically.

The first 11 needs strengthened so does the squad we have done the latter I would say this summer and we have been linked with some good young promising players nothing wrong in wanting us to improve especially with crucial CL qualfiers and the jackpot of money available if we manage to qualify.

Some spending should actually be seen as investment. If Steven Gerrard thinks Veerman is worth a Kent like fee he must know Veerman can make the same kind of impact. And ultimately after going through the Gerrard mill pull the kind of fee Kent will.

People are just really annoyed about the club having no real transfer leaks.

Years of moaning about it when everything was leaked, but secretly they depend on it during the off season.

Some spending should actually be seen as investment. If Steven Gerrard thinks Veerman is worth a Kent like fee he must know Veerman can make the same kind of impact. And ultimately after going through the Gerrard mill pull the kind of fee Kent will.

Very valid point. I think Gerrard and Wilson have proven they know how to spend our budget wisely. If the decide they want to pay £7M id be very excited about the player we are getting.

Likewise, if we decide we dont need to spend anymore money, thats good enough for me too

Live? None that I can recall. Since we were interested? Watched him as much as possible.

How come?

Was just curious as he seems this summer's Skov Olsen or that Croatian forward the year before, cant remember his name.

A player that not many of us have seen a proper amount of but is somehow exactly what we're missing.

Was just curious as he seems this summer's Skov Olsen or that Croatian forward the year before, cant remember his name.

Mirko Maric. Scored 2 goals in Serie B since signing for Monza last summer.

Was never good enough for us but FF is ridiculous for throwing a name around then a large amount of posters become obsessed with signing that player based on absolutely nothing.

If our apparent asking price was met then that’s very good business from Rangers, hopefully a sell on included too.
I'm sure I read the other day that his former club had a 20% sell-on when he signed for Rangers. Was in the media somewhere but I can't find it right now. So, not really a lot of profit in this for us even if it was £1m. Subject to that sell-on story being true.

EDIT: Here's the story.

I'm sure I read the other day that his former club had a 20% sell-on when he signed for Rangers. Was in the media somewhere but I can't find it right now. So, not really a lot of profit in this for us even if it was £1m. Subject to that sell-on story being true.

EDIT: Here's the story.

That’ll only be on the profit surely?.

As long as we got our money back + a sell on I’m content to be fair, it seems weird we’d drop our asking price as much as the article suggests.

(why on Earth are you digging about local papers from diddy places in England? :)))

The posters screaming for us ro spend money on players may be showing feelings of inferiority after watching the papes spend, spend spend over the past ten years. The citicism of our Board not spending money for new faces seems rooted in wanting us to go back to the Murray/Advocaat days when we brought in new players every window and Rangers were never off the front and back pages of the MSM.

We are now run completely differently than before. Much more professional and indeed secretive about news leaking out which could influence the negotiations going on behind closed doors.. The professionals are now back in charge so we had better get used to it and enjoy the long period of dominance we deserve.

What about Bassey and Pat
What about Bassey and Patterson?

Edmundson and Jones went to a house party looking for their hole when lockdown rules were at their strictest. Bassey, Patterson and the others gathered to watch boxing and play board games, alcohol free.

Both covid breaches but clearly one incident wasn't as stupid as the other, as the difference in reaction from the manager indicated.

That’ll only be on the profit surely?.

As long as we got our money back + a sell on I’m content to be fair, it seems weird we’d drop our asking price as much as the article suggests.

(why on Earth are you digging about local papers from diddy places in England? :)))
'Significant 6 figure fee' could be £999,999 mate.;)

And yes, 20% of profit if true. For arguments sake, let's say we bought him for £700k and sold for £1m then, if that article is true, Oldham get £60,000 of that.

In truth, the numbers are so low as to be virtually ignored. We needed to move players on, we appear to have got at least what we paid for him back. All good.

Patterson and Bassey met up with fellow teammates not realising it wasn't allowed because they're all part of the same bubble.

Edmundson and Jones went to a grotty house party to shag random birds from snapchat.
Think you are stretching it a bit there, given partners were in attendance. Bassey isn't in a bubble with Patterson's bird, for example. Their bubble applies only whilst on footballing duty anyway, playing, training, travelling - not away from it.

Anyway, done to death months ago. I wish Big George well at Ipswich.

Think you are stretching it a bit there, given partners were in attendance. Bassey isn't in a bubble with Patterson's bird, for example. Their bubble applies only whilst on footballing duty anyway, playing, training, travelling - not away from it.

Anyway, done to death months ago. I wish Big George well at Ipswich.
Bassey is going home to his bird every night before seeing Patterson in the morning, they're in the same bubble by extension

Patterson and Bassey met up with fellow teammates not realising it wasn't allowed because they're all part of the same bubble.

Edmundson and Jones went to a grotty house party to shag random birds from snapchat.
Why is everything random these days? Just birds from snapchat will suffice.

Bassey is going home to his bird every night before seeing Patterson in the morning, they're in the same bubble by extension
By that logic, when Bassey's bird goes shopping in Tesco is everybody in Tesco in a bubble with Patterson? Of course not. The bubble does not apply away from football.

Do we?

Davis, kamara, jack, lundstrom, Kelly and arfield.

zungu didn’t really contribute last season (I know he had a few last 10 min appearances) so we are essentially two men up this year. Lundstrom and Kelly.

clearly more would be nice. But we have 2 for each position in there.
My thoughts are:
Davis will be used sparingly
Major concerns over Jack / Arfield fitness
Kelly definitely should be involved to what level I'm unsure
Lumdstrum early days but looks Impressive.

I'm sure we will rotate to suit but I would feel better with 1 more in.

That is the only area of the park which is of slight concern for me.

I think that Europe is a vital area for finance for the club but I’ve always been of the opinion that our bread and butter is the league over everything else.

Does our squad win the league as it is- absolutely.

Will we sell players, yes we have too.

I expect that we sell and replace whilst banking money, so Morelos for say £15-20m, replacement for £6-7m and bank the rest.

I think that Europe is a vital area for finance for the club but I’ve always been of the opinion that our bread and butter is the league over everything else.

Does our squad win the league as it is- absolutely.

Will we sell players, yes we have too.

I expect that we sell and replace whilst banking money, so Morelos for say £15-20m, replacement for £6-7m and bank the rest.
It needs to be both. Since Gerrard has come in we've doubled our revenue. That's only happened because we went from getting nothing from Europe to £10m+ in prize money alone.

What a squad we’ve got, Gerrard saying he wanted 2 players for every position he seems to almost have that, adding any more then drops someone down to 3rd choice… imagine having the squad depth where some of our current stars are 3rd choice considering where we have been the last 10 years. I think a few will need to go first, some players in that squad are far too good to be 3rd choice.

I personally enjoy a settled starting squad even between league euro and cup games I think having too much depth and trying to give players game time in the cups is our downfall in the domestic cups and the reason why we haven’t enjoyed any success there under Gerrard, hard to please everybody!
But I think we're getting near to the stage where we have the same calibre of player coming off the bench as there is in the first eleven and a good problem for the Manager to have. So there shouldn't really be any dip in performance levels, that's the theory anyway.

My thoughts are:
Davis will be used sparingly
Major concerns over Jack / Arfield fitness
Kelly definitely should be involved to what level I'm unsure
Lumdstrum early days but looks Impressive.

I'm sure we will rotate to suit but I would feel better with 1 more in.

That is the only area of the park which is of slight concern for me.

We say this every season about Davis, but I fully expect him to play 50-plus games this season without any issues at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back