Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ve supposedly submitted a bid for that Peruvian striker.
He seemed decent enough when I saw him a bit in Copa America games. The one I saw him the most in was the game against Paraguay.

A 31 year old being the main striker signing doesn't give me much fear. Our resident Serie A expert will know a bit more on his league performances @erskine bear

Yet to be seen
Unknown manager
Same coaching staff
Same goalies
Worse defence
Worse midfield depth
Worse striking options

People need to stop saying they will be better as if it is an undeniable fact until the window closes
100% agree TW.

It's like saying next time I get drunk the bird I wake up next to is not going to look like Susan Boyle without make-up.

I'm married, so I don't need to worry about that.

Any more.

He seemed decent enough when I saw him a bit in Copa America games. The one I saw him the most in was the game against Paraguay.

A 31 year old being the main striker signing doesn't give me much fear. Our resident Serie A expert will know a bit more on his league performances @erskine bear
He’d do a job for them, but he doesn’t suit the “high intensity” sound bites we’ve been getting from their camp right enough.

He done well in the Copa, and would be perfectly serviceable for them or us (as 5th choice) but I really wouldn’t fear him.

Benevento don’t create a lot so it’s kind of hard to gauge, but he had a modest goal return last season (8 in 38 IIRC) as you said yourself he was quite good in the Copa.

He’s only really had stand out seasons in Serie B, an alright stint at Milan too but they really weren’t up to much those days.

Also moved for a lot of money, Genoa paid £13m for him where he didn’t do much, Milan paid £9m after he tore up Serie B.

I wonder how much Benevento would want as they spent £3.5m on him.

In summary, he’s a good player but would be 4/5th choice at us - he will do well for them if they play to his strengths (I don’t think they will).

According to Kerrydale Aurélio Buta, Benson Anang & Josip Juranovic
being signed, all RB´s. Ralston who just secured a new contract 4th choice :)

MxDv2vd.png

Someone actually wrote that.

Do you think they have been more honest with Howe than they have with Ange?

No idea, but possibly? Howe had them on strings for months before cutting them late on, and the hoards were getting desperate. They needed a gaffer and we all know Ange wasn't first (or even second?) choice. Who knows what they told him.

Like I said though, might even have been what Howe suspected as much as what he was told. Howe's not stupid and knows his record in the EFL and EPL buys him time to choose his next move.

Just seen they are apparently spending £8.5m on him.

That seems lunacy for a 31 year old, he’s a very likeable player though so I won’t be overly harsh on him.
That'll be the same math that suggested they got 13.5m for Ajer. They like to look like they're selling for huge profits and in this case, it benefits them to advertise that they're spending big money on new players.

If they sold Ajer for 13.5 and bought a fistful of 2m players, the hoards would revolt. They've shown in the past, they have no problem overstating purchase price, then discounting it when the player fails.

That'll be the same math that suggested they got 13.5m for Ajer. They like to look like they're selling for huge profits and in this case, it benefits them to advertise that they're spending big money on new players.

If they sold Ajer for 13.5 and bought a fistful of 2m players, the hoards would revolt. They've shown in the past, they have no problem overstating purchase price, then discounting it when the player fails.

tbf, the guy has just had a really good Copa, and has 2 years left on his contract, 8.5m euros is probs about right for what Benevento want

Yet to be seen
Unknown manager
Same coaching staff
Same goalies
Worse defence
Worse midfield depth
Worse striking options

People need to stop saying they will be better as if it is an undeniable fact until the window closes

- Indeed by the time the window shuts it's likely they will have lost both Edouard and Elyounoussi (28 league goals between them last season)

- Ajer who despite being 3 years younger than Starfelt has 20 more international caps.

- Christie probably leaving for nothing and he seems to have been one of the better players so far under Flange.

- Zero plan to replace dreadful keepers Barkas or Bain by the looks of things.

- The same wasters from last season Rogic, Boli, Ntcham, Griffiths and Ajeti contributing next to nothing while taking big wages.

- Kennedy and Strachan forced on big Flange which will no doubt create tension with the board if results start to go south.

- Indeed by the time the window shuts it's likely they will have lost both Edouard and Elyounoussi (28 league goals between them last season)

- Ajer who despite being 3 years younger than Starfelt has 20 more international caps.

- Christie probably leaving for nothing and he seems to have been one of the better players so far under Flange.

- Zero plan to replace dreadful keepers Barkas or Bain by the looks of things.

- The same wasters from last season Rogic, Boli, Ntcham, Griffiths and Ajeti contributing next to nothing while taking big wages.

- Kennedy and Strachan forced on big Flange which will no doubt create tension with the board if results start to go south.
Precisely

They still have significant time to bring players in, but people cannot state they are better this year and can only be better this year as if it is already the case. Far from sure right now.

David Low was told to start the plausible grey area when he spouted “evil intent and ill will” a couple of weeks ago. They clearly started a campaign to cover up employing predators again.

Dust off the old club handbook on how to deal with predators.

In fact, it gets used that much I doubt it'd need dusted off.

31 isnt that old in todays game, most of the best strikers are currently over 30.

Its not a player Id look to be signing in Scotland at that age, but there will be plenty teams in Serie A or la liga that would pay that for a 31yr old, and considering hes had a good Copa, Benevento would be daft not to over inflate the price.
31 is going to be a players very last decent contract they will sign with no sell on value. Not many will go for 8 million.

31 is going to be a players very last decent contract they will sign with no sell on value. Not many will go for 8 million.

Thats the asking price from Benevento... but as we know, the fee will probably be a few mil lower

he moved to Benevento in October for £3.5m, hes their highest value player and top goalscorer.

his transfer value is showing as £3.5m (which usually means its somewhat higher)

as I say, I dont think that lot will be in for him at that price, but he'll probably go for between £5m and the asking price

most teams would look at that defensive performance at the weekend and say "you know we could do with buying defenders"

scum response: "more strikers"

great that they don't seem to realise the problems :D
Well, we have had ITK confirmation that Ange's plan B is to make plan A work better. Attack, attack, attack and the defence will take care of itself.

Thats the asking price from Benevento... but as we know, the fee will probably be a few mil lower

he moved to Benevento in October for £3.5m, hes their highest value player and top goalscorer.

his transfer value is showing as £3.5m (which usually means its somewhat higher)

as I say, I dont think that lot will be in for him at that price, but he'll probably go for between £5m and the asking price
He will sign for "£9m" after he has a shite season and flops the reports will gradually change until they claim they spent "£4m"

Throwing together a new defence and attack a few days before the season starts with no preseason it’s a total joke

they will take months even years to develop a pattern of play etc

they still haven’t addressed centre back left back j goal keeper

they will lose goals for fun all season

I’m not worried at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back