Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arrogance , they thought they had enough to keep winning domestically without spending not counting on us coming back strongly and then they employ big joe mangle as manager
I kinda get that. But don’t believe it. Wether we won or lost the league last year. Look at them on and off the pitch. It’s absurd

Tbf, it's probably a blessing they went out tonight. They would have been utterly molested by PSV. I'm talking historic levels of destruction here.

That said, they don't get a result against Jablonec, who are a very tidy side btw, then they are screwed.
I said to the boy in work today that their was huge part of me that wanted them to progress so we could see this tie.

What do we think the issue is with Turnbull? Obviously a talented player but physically he’s nowhere near the level required. Is it just poor coaching at the scum or is it some difficulty perhaps with his knee? Guy looks spent every time I see him.
I think the biggest issue is he’s massively overrated

He’s not pish

But he’s no more than alright

They spent a year building him up as the messiah yet tonight he is revealed as nothing more than a very naughty bhoy

I said to the boy in work today that their was huge part of me that wanted them to progress so we could see this tie.

It would have been hilarious but them progressing to the next round would have meant they drop into the Europa groups. Which would have destroyed the co-efficient. At least they've only got two games left, that's if they fail to get past Jablonec. Which I suspect is a possibility. You don't finish third in the Czech Republic if you are a mug.

Without trawling through every page…has Irish mick reacted yet? Has Hamish and his …odd looking bearded friend reacted yet?

Id also love to know the thoughts of the Just Us Tims gang but that might be a step too far

Either this is his constant demeanour or he looks defeated already and royally pissed off.

Celtic fans are giving him the benefit of the doubt just now but that patter of the players are tired after 60 mins won't wash for long. He has had them for 3/4 weeks now there is no excuse for being tired.

Players gave everything....do you mean they gave everything for 60 minutes???

I would we put Livi to the sword on Saturday and Hearts beat them with a Halliday winner. I think they will protest at that.

Tbf, it's probably a blessing they went out tonight. They would have been utterly molested by PSV. I'm talking historic levels of destruction here.

That said, they don't get a result against Jablonec, who are a very tidy side btw, then they are screwed.
They could end up out of Europe all together.
I'd take that and us in the CL, give them no excuses and still canter the league.

Ange looks chuffed

I’m not big in to the whole body language expert kind of stuff. But those mannerisms and responses don’t inspire confidence do they.

Shrugging shoulders, sucking his teeth, gurning, staring at the floor and not looking at the interviewer or into the camera when responding. Hands in his pockets possibly by the way he wandered off.

Just looked really uncomfortable and bereft of ideas or confidence.

gn20.png

My favourite quote tonight was from Michael Stewart during commentary whose lack of awareness was quite staggering and typical of the media's refusal to admit celtic are utterly horrendous.

"midtyland are not the team they were, they only finished runner up last year, celtic should be far too good for them"

I'm staggered that people think Celtic have improved. They were probably better under Lennon. As for their fitness?

He knows he’s f*cked already. Glorious mentally challenged tears
He doesn’t half like shrugging his shoulders and screwing his face up. I think the first presser where their fans told him just to be honest is constantly on his mind. All he does is describe bits of the game and that’s it. He’s so abrasive and obviously under severe pressure already I can’t see him getting near Xmas. Think what he’s going to be like if we put 5 past them next month.

It’s astonishing to me how much they hate Lawell and how they drove him out. He had some amount of political clout in the game. I considered him highly dangerous to us. The problem the spoiled rotten tims have is they can’t accept that it’s possible to make no mistakes and still lose. You can’t ALWAYS get what you want no matter how competent you are. So they drive out a man who was instrumental in getting them the commonwealth games, having their stadium area upgraded to some kind of palatial estate, all because they couldn’t win absolutely everything. I’m delighted to see the back of him.
Is it possible to read the rant without the voice in your head sounding like Irish mick? I had to give up after the first couple of sentences.

Nothing will ever be sweeter than their pain though. May need to go back to the rest of it later!

Any Celtc fan with half a brain should be terrified after watching that But they seem to be trying to defend him as are the likes of Sutton.
There are two scenarios at play here.
1) He’s trying to diffuse an absolute shitshow and made an arse of doing it.
2) He is clueless as to what a defeat like this means in this city and/or is completely out of his depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back