Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either this is his constant demeanour or he looks defeated already and royally pissed off.

Celtic fans are giving him the benefit of the doubt just now but that patter of the players are tired after 60 mins won't wash for long. He has had them for 3/4 weeks now there is no excuse for being tired.

Players gave everything....do you mean they gave everything for 60 minutes???

I would we put Livi to the sword on Saturday and Hearts beat them with a Halliday winner. I think they will protest at that.
Do they still “like the way he talks”?

I feel sorry for him, he has no idea what he has signed up for and whats going to hapoen to him
I'm kind of the same. I usually dislike their managers, but I just feel pity for this guy. Got a chance to test himself in Europe and rocks up at their dump.

His whole demeanour is that of a guy that wants to be anywhere else but where he is. And we're only 2 games into it :))

As grim as their bench was tonight he was clearly sending a message to the board by not making changes earlier. Turnbull was goosed after 60mins, Edouard was clearly not even attempting to look busy and several others including McGregor were clearly struggling for fitness. Now a double whammy for them as Turnbull will most likely need a fortnights rest after playing well over his normal hour and then the rest of them played 120 mins tonight’s as Ange plays mind games with his superiors. Roll on Tynecastle.
Hearts need to go at them from the first minute and these guys will crumble ahead of their Euro tie next week. Delicious.

Any Celtc fan with half a brain should be terrified after watching that But they seem to be trying to defend him as are the likes of Sutton.
There are two scenarios at play here.
1) He’s trying to diffuse an absolute shitshow and made an arse of doing it.
2) He is clueless as to what a defeat like this means in this city and/or is completely out of his depth.
2nd one 100%.

I don't think he is clueless as a manager, and might do well in an Asian League or even a random European league elsewhere.

But his playing style will not work domestically, and I don't think he understands that this lack of Champions League (again) isn't good.

That wee Liam really is an absolute throbber … “the presteeeeeeeeeeege” :rolleyes:
When somebody mentioned the finances that the CL brings previously Angie said “I’m not an accountant” so he tried not to only mention the financial side, but for Scottish clubs the CL is as much about money as anything else. He can try to bat away questions by claiming not to be a doctor, accountant or anything else but he oversees players who get injured and finance is a big part of the game. His smart arse answers are going to bite him.

Ange will make enough dough from them to see him retire a comfortable man. He knew full well what he was getting into. His demeanour might change if Declan starts protesting though and wee nonentities like Frodo Macleod ask more pointed questions in future.

All gloating aside though, we need to take care of business first and foremost. Them being denied access to the monies is only partly useful if we can’t deliver ourselves.

It would have been hilarious but them progressing to the next round would have meant they drop into the Europa groups. Which would have destroyed the co-efficient. At least they've only got two games left, that's if they fail to get past Jablonec. Which I suspect is a possibility. You don't finish third in the Czech Republic if you are a mug.

They then drop into the conference league qualifiers and could face some decent sides, if the get knocked out of 3 separate qualifying rounds I would need time off my work to recover from the hilarity.

Ange will make enough dough from them to see him retire a comfortable man. He knew full well what he was getting into. His demeanour might change if Declan starts protesting though and wee nonentities like Frodo Macleod ask more pointed questions in future.

All gloating aside though, we need to take care of business first and foremost. Them being denied access to the monies is only partly useful if we can’t deliver ourselves.
i was just thinking the same. Whilst this all a good laugh we must take care of our own business

They then drop into the conference league qualifiers and could face some decent sides, if the get knocked out of 3 separate qualifying rounds I would need time off my work to recover from the hilarity.

Genuinely wouldn't put it past them tbh. They are abject and any solid side could put them out. Just need to be organised and take their chances. First time I've watched them this season and they are fucking woeful.

Straight away, that wee arse licking sympathising little wretch Liam McTarrier asking the questions. You can hear the hurt in his voice, because he cares so much for his favourites, but big mick dundee doesn’t get it, he doesn’t understand.

The big man won’t see the year out, no doubt about it!
Agree he doesn't get it, biting back the MSM already. I almost feel sorry for him

As grim as their bench was tonight he was clearly sending a message to the board by not making changes earlier. Turnbull was goosed after 60mins, Edouard was clearly not even attempting to look busy and several others including McGregor were clearly struggling for fitness. Now a double whammy for them as Turnbull will most likely need a fortnights rest after playing well over his normal hour and then the rest of them played 120 mins tonight’s as Ange plays mind games with his superiors. Roll on Tynecastle.
Hearts need to go at them from the first minute and these guys will crumble ahead of their Euro tie next week. Delicious.
Hearts have already played 4 competitive games too so will likely be fitter than that mess.

gn20.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back