Tonight’s CL qualifiers - all comments in here

5hwydq.jpg

Look at what Czech teams did to Scottish teams recently.

Jablonec May be the 3rd ranked team in the league last year, but Sparta reserves roasted them 8-2 on aggregate. And they have a far worse team now. Penoaurd may well be off by the time they play that one, now that they’ll be desperate for cash with the slim hope of CL riches gone and no carrot of group stage CL football to persuade him to hang around.

So that’s my prediction. Conference football for them at best.

I don’t understand there strategy though mate wh7 didn’t they keep Ajer until the end of the window and get use of him in the Qualifiers ? Not that it hasn’t delighted me tonight lol
Probably couldn’t risk him getting injured and losing that fee. The bigger issue was not getting that Swedish guy in sooner, no excuses there, he wasn’t at Euros or anything. It’s great :D

Dave King's comments are proving to be prescient once again.

A "house of cards" indeed.

It is my hope that we push on towards further excellence, while our rivals, who have been, in my view, "flat track bullies" (accumulating so-called "success" while a weakened Rangers were working our way back from lower-league obscurity) continue to toil, now that a resurgent Rangers have returned to the scene.

It is my personal opinion, that that mob from across the city, and key parties affiliated to them, played a huge part in the painful weakening (and at one stage, almost total destruction) of Rangers, and the terrible struggles that the club had to endure for so many years. So then, it is important for Rangers to remain mindful of that, and to maintain the club's current trajectory, which is onwards and upwards, and to not "take the foot off the gas".
Or the throat

What was kheevins line last year? “A draws a disaster a loss is a catastrophe!”

and when you factor in that the cl loss is a £30-40million loss it’s most certainly the latter. Big Ange just doesn’t quite get this game here does he?

He’s going to get ripped a new ronson before chrimbo.

Thats the best part of 4 games I have watched of them now.

They create absolutely nothing through a discernible playing style.

They try to win the ball high and if they can't do that it just gets passed wide to be fired into the box. There is nothing in their play that suggests they are well drilled tactically

And then there is the defence.

Just new players aren't sorting that mess out

Look at what Czech teams did to Scottish teams recently.

Jablonec May be the 3rd ranked team in the league last year, but Sparta reserves roasted them 8-2 on aggregate. And they have a far worse team now. Penoaurd may well be off by the time they play that one, now that they’ll be desperate for cash with the slim hope of CL riches gone and no carrot of group stage CL football to persuade him to hang around.

So that’s my prediction. Conference football for them at best.
Yes god willing it would be fabulous to see the shelfco scum either in the 3rd tier but ideally out all together. Would starve the bigots of cash and prestige!

Quick update- They’ve managed to get a team ready but big Ange is at it- in the last five mins Celtic have gone swooped for their left back in a straight swap deal with Greg Taylor. Seemingly it was the addition of a signed set of James Forrests callipers that got the deal over the line. UEFA had told the BB’s that Taylor was cup tied but seemingly Celtic have added a clause in the deal which states they are happy he plays against them but it needs to be for the full 90 mins.
I know this is a parody But if changed it to wee girl laxital it would be actually true

Doesn’t matter. Be funny, but doesn’t matter.

The future hegemony we want to build depends on two things:

Rangers qualify for the champions league.
Celtic don’t.

half of that has already been accomplished.

Agree to an extent. Europa still generates a decent amount, not CL riches but still a fair amount if they could emulate us (no chance). I'd rather see them out of Europa too but we need to do the business now

What’s the cash like in conference league?

CL £40m minimum
EL: £10-£15m depending on performances

conference league any ideas how much the income drop would be?

Said the Danes would knock them out, also said the Danes wouldn’t necessarily win in Glasgow.

Didnt realise just how badly the Danes had fallen from last year, last 2 years.

But given how god awful this Celtic team are, I’m sure a decent Czech outfit will pump them and it will be glorious. Can they do the treble, out of 3 European competitions in one season?

Back