Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liam "The Champions" McLeod at the start in glorious pain!
He sounded rather distraught
tumblr_moqd6lzalm1qbnleeo1_400.gif

Keep hearing their fans and media saying things like "team not full yet, we have guys in isolation" or "during these Covid times, its harder to recruit and bring guys in, they need to isolate..."

Surely you would start looking around the English, Welsh, NI leagues for people who don't need to isolate.

Last season when Forrest was injured they were saying that he was a big loss to the team and that's why they were struggling so badly , in fact the longer that he was out of the team the better he became , almost World class B-)
and julien is the same this season! he was so bad they signed duffy. since his injury he has morphed into the missing leader they need at the back

Keep hearing their fans and media saying things like "team not full yet, we have guys in isolation" or "during these Covid times, its harder to recruit and bring guys in, they need to isolate..."

Surely you would start looking around the English, Welsh, NI leagues for people who don't need to isolate.
They don’t have to isolate for months, it’s a couple of weeks. They left it far too late to start looking at first team players and even when they did start looking they’re leaking 4/5 names at £3-5m each when they had no intention of buying 2 of them. All that time and resources wasted just so their media pals can write about all the work they’re doing and money they’ll spend. All of it bullshit but at least it conned season ticket money from a few more of their gullible fans.

McFadden saying on the Scottish football podcast that they have Turnbull, McGregor and Forrest that would be starters. So they need 8 starters and that leaves no depth at all. To have any sort of depth they’re probably needing 16 players that are better than they have. To match our depth they’d really need about 18 players. 18 players of £3-5m each and they’d all need to work?

Im not going to get carried away but, here we gooo, 10 in a row, here we goooo 10 in a row.

Liam "The Champions" McLeod at the start in glorious pain!
Can I also say as well as Liam McLeod, Tom English is spitting mad too

their meltdowns are just the most enjoyable thing to listen to

Listen to the heartfelt sigh from Richard Gordon when Liam Mcleod handed back to him at the 4min 25 mark, you would think someone had just died

Loving their pain.

He is the new Rogic
You would have thought their scouting system was a little bit more than a post it note on Strachans laptop saying “Like for like replacement” required for Rogic. In all fairness he has then gone away and literally found the only other player in Scotland (Outside them with the likes of Ajeti, Griffiths etc) that can’t physically finish a game of football .

You could argue that he lasted the full 90 last night which would be true but after the hour mark what contribution was made in terms of tackles, interceptions (Without fouling) , chances created etc. Safe to say he was there in body but they’d struggle to argue anything else. I cannot wait to see after tonight’s minutes on the park what he produces on Saturday.

Poor Gavin. Poor Celtic. Poor Turnbull.

Imagine last nights Celtic team in a similar scenario to what we faced with 9 men in UFA. Chasing two extra men for much of the game with a hostile crowd on their back before heading back on a long flight home straight into domestic football.

Flanges feedback was that they had given everything but had nothing left in the tank. Looks like Gavs iPad has forgotten to factor in any form of suspension, injury or loss of form.

I never thought the exclusion of Bitton could throw any team into as much disarray as it did last night. It’s not even August….

Imagine last nights Celtic team in a similar scenario to what we faced with 9 men in UFA. Chasing two extra men for much of the game with a hostile crowd on their back before heading back on a long flight home straight into domestic football.

Flanges feedback was that they had given everything but had nothing left in the tank. Looks like Gavs iPad has forgotten to factor in any form of suspension, injury or loss of form.

I never thought the exclusion of Bitton could throw any team into as much disarray as it did last night. It’s not even August….
I always think that when a coach is saying “the team couldn’t give any more or can’t fault the players” he is in effect saying I am a great motivator and don’t blame me for external factors.

I'm starting to realise aussies seem to be the most blindly biased to anyone good from their country in any sport? Certainly starting to look that way. So see why they would do the same with Angie.
No I think you're confusing bias with pride. Australia has a relatively small population and it's quite geographically isolated. It also spent the first 180 years of its existence being told it was subservient to the UK. So when people do well internationally there's pride that an Aussie has gone overseas and done something notable. The same happened when Craig Moore and Tony Vidmar were playing for us. It's not something that British or Scottish people do well, we prefer to wait expectantly for our successful people to fck things up then berate then for thinking they were better than everybody else. It's not Australians that have the wrong attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back