Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to laugh at the 'if only Forrest had made it 2-0' comments over at the Kerrydale Lunatic Asylum.

If wee Nae-Neck Jamsie had scored then The Midgies would have won 3-2.

Simple!

Haven't they learned anything???
Theyre only copying the 'if we hadnt lost, we mightve won' drivel nonsense that comes from the players after ever shambles.

"I thought we were better team" should be on their badge.

How can anyone who has watched their 3 games this last week and actually think things are going to be OK?

I like to laugh at them but in all seriousness if that were rangers I'd be worried. There is no shape, their high line will get rinsed by any team willing to attack them.
They have been so poor they are clinging to at least we can see what Ange is trying to do

They keep saying they can see what Ange is trying to do, they play the exact same way they did last season it's laughable.
Dont be silly, he has their full backs coming inside a bit just like Pep does. Makes no sense when your full backs are dreadful right enough. He also has the centre backs miles over the halfway line and the keeper miles out which makes complete sense when you have no pace at the back and 2 terrible keepers.

Dont be silly, he has their full backs coming inside a bit just like Pep does. Makes no sense when your full backs are dreadful right enough. He also has the centre backs miles over the halfway line and the keeper miles out which makes complete sense when you have no pace at the back and 2 terrible keepers.

Their keeper was so far off the line. All it takes is one slip, or misplaced pass, and a decent forward to nip in and shoot into empty net from 30 yards.

Any Celtc fan with half a brain should be terrified after watching that But they seem to be trying to defend him as are the likes of Sutton.
There are two scenarios at play here.
1) He’s trying to diffuse an absolute shitshow and made an arse of doing it.
2) He is clueless as to what a defeat like this means in this city and/or is completely out of his depth.
It’s all blame the board shite! To a certain degree they’ve not been fast enough I’m getting players in for that game, but their fans won’t see what in front of them. They’re skint and tried to hold out for big money for players who are average! Lennon was allowed to spend £50m, they’ve just spent it on shite!

True but I meant in an attacking sense its the same quick interchanging etc like they did against us for 20 minutes.

When it dawns on BBC Scotland that they’re going to have to spend another season reporting on our success from afar, the knives will come out for big Angie. Must be wrenching for them. Heh heh. Meanwhile i won 70 quid on the Danes and am heading in to town today to spend it on the new away top which i will wear on Saturday to welcome back the Champions. Happy days! (Unless you’re Chris McLaughlin, Tom English, Jum Spence, etc etc)

ronny_is_not_da_man
18K3,369
1 day ago#26
I want to go down and smash all the eff Windows at the ground. eff raging.

If I did the cheap bastards would be too tight to replace them.

Are we going to continue ranting on platforms that have no effect or are we going to stand up and tell them enough us enough?

images
Your favourites should be training their sights on the jugular that is their backline come Saturday amigo.

Last edited:
I would love to know how many games Turnbull has played 90 mins in...........seems to me he always gets the hook!!
The natural heir to grampa Tom Rogic! Speaking of who, I can’t believe he’s still there too, on top wages - hasn’t kicked his arse since the Murty days. Their team is basically Callum McGregor and he must be due an injury at some stage. This has all the hallmarks of Mowbury’s last season.

Listening to his interview, this guy has no idea what will hit him if things don't pick up very soon.
Out his comfort zone and depth.

Getting on a bit
12:23 AM - Today#8321
Super. If that is true the guy with no professional football experience and such a knowledge of the game that he thinks last season's team were as good as the one that got to the UEFA cup final, is swooping in and picking a goalkeeper for us.

A goalkeeper whose best days are so far behind him that they may as well be a bygone age.

Proper football clubs are not run like this. Why do we need to be?

Why cant we just be one of those clubs (edit We know he means Rangers:D) where there is an actual transfer strategy rather than a trolley dash? Why cant we have scouts and analysts rather than lunatics in positions of authority?

Last night's Sportsound podcast

Listened to Ange in that. Thinks it’s not that bad, catastrophic and blame are too strong of words for it. He doesn’t get it, when they turn on him he’s in for a shock! He’s already on borrowed time and if Hearts win on Saturday he’ll soon know! Also noted he thinks they kick off the league on Sunday!

I so hope Jablonec pump them and then they scrape in to the conference league.

I want them playing every other Thursday. Need more like tonight and against worse teams.
I want them out of Europe completely, the conference is not far off the EL money wise and the state they are in we don't need them playing thu games to wipe the floor with them.

No I think you're confusing bias with pride. Australia has a relatively small population and it's quite geographically isolated. It also spent the first 180 years of its existence being told it was subservient to the UK. So when people do well internationally there's pride that an Aussie has gone overseas and done something notable. The same happened when Craig Moore and Tony Vidmar were playing for us. It's not something that British or Scottish people do well, we prefer to wait expectantly for our successful people to fck things up then berate then for thinking they were better than everybody else. It's not Australians that have the wrong attitude.
Actually, Australians have such a tendency to do the thing you've written, that they invented a term for it: tall poppy syndrome. So I'd have to disagree with your attempt to differentiate Aussies from British - it's the same mix of bias/arrogance and pride as any other sporting nation, with slightly more arrogance due to them expecting success.

As an example, I was living in Perth when Scotland had, at that point, won more swimming medals at a Commonwealth games than Australia, and they were spitting with derision that Scotland could better them. And when Scotland had Australia at 5 wickets down for 30 odd runs in a cricket match, they cut regular television coverage and were almost ready to declare a national emergency (before Australia recovered to win comfortably!).

If we go out on Saturday and get off to a good start and put a couple past Livi they then go to Hearts with an 8.00 pm KO off Saturday so if they don’t get 3 points big Angie will see and hear the reaction from the scum fans

He just doesn’t get the urgency and their desperation that will come from the stands and car park no doubt

Listened to Ange in that. Thinks it’s not that bad, catastrophic and blame are too strong of words for it. He doesn’t get it, when they turn on him he’s in for a shock! He’s already on borrowed time and if Hearts win on Saturday he’ll soon know! Also noted he thinks they kick off the league on Sunday!
It’s like the sellik team died in a plane crash on the way home.
excuse after excuse, still cash rich?? It’s absolutely laughable not one of them is addressing the fact they’re financially, emotionally and moral broken.

The guy up the top right is so deluded it's untrue. Every one of their back line were exceptional...well apart from getting ripped open for the 2 goals with 2 simple chipped balls over the top. He can't fault any player that was out there and Celtic were the better team despite Edouard practically at walking speed and Midtjylland completely dominating them for the full extra time.

a mutant prediction thread for anyone wanting a laugh. Some think they will win the league at a canter :D

You’ll never see a better example of blind hope than some of the posts on this thread. One’s pinning his hopes on Gerrard leaving us halfway through the season!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back