Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is any truth in it, I take it this Man Utd lad would be coming to the first team squad, yes?

Surely he wouldn't be leaving Man Utd to come and play against the likes of East Kilbride etc?!
Agreed, sounds like he's in for 1st team, unless they plan on loaning out?

Agreed, sounds like he's in for 1st team, unless they plan on loaning out?
This rumour - if that is what it is - could only have substance if:
a) we are no longer interested in Veerman
or
b) Gerrard has reason to suspect that Kamara will be for the off.

However, f Kamara does stay, then surely adding both Veerman and MU's McCann to what is an already well-stocked midfield makes little sense.

This rumour - if that is what it is - could only have substance if:
a) we are no longer interested in Veerman
or
b) Gerrard has reason to suspect that Kamara will be for the off.

However, f Kamara does stay, then surely adding both Veerman and MU's McCann to what is an already well-stocked midfield makes little sense.
Or it could be that oboforbh is out for much longer than originally thought?

This kid McCann yes looks a prospect but he is not in the same ball park as a Kamara or Veerman. Far more likely he has swapped Man Utd reserves and queue for 1st team action for working with Steven Gerrard and joining our significantly shorter queue for 1st team action.
We are Rangers. McCann is not going from Utd reserves to our 1st eleven.
He’s another prospect to basically fill the hole that Ofoborh has left as I don’t think we are going to see him anytime soon. We won’t rush back someone with a heart issue.

This kid McCann yes looks a prospect but he is not in the same ball park as a Kamara or Veerman. Far more likely he has swapped Man Utd reserves and queue for 1st team action for working with Steven Gerrard and joining our significantly shorter queue for 1st team action.
We are Rangers. McCann is not going from Utd reserves to our 1st eleven.
He’s another prospect to basically fill the hole that Ofoborh has left as I don’t think we are going to see him anytime soon. We won’t rush back someone with a heart issue.
These types of signings make a hell of alot of sense given our dearth of talent. Gives them time to bed in, without the pressure of being rushed, we can assess them, introduce them if/when ready, or alternatively, source a loan to get playing time.

Joining the B team it says. Surprised at that tbh, coming from United I thought he’d be ready to play at a higher level than that at this stage.
Yeah I can’t see a lad like this coming to play the 4th tier of Scottish football. Makes zero sense given the better B team players are out or are going out on loan.

Gerrard and Ross Wilson will have spoken to Charlie McCann and explained their plan behind singing him and his progress over the next year so not far fetched they've said he will spend 6 months to a year in the B team but will be called up to the first team if required.

Gerrard and Ross Wilson will have spoken to Charlie McCann and explained their plan behind singing him and his progress over the next year so not far fetched they've said he will spend 6 months to a year in the B team but will be called up to the first team if required.
This makes sense to me.

Utd letting two from their u23s go today, another away to Hull City.

Is McCann playing the likes of Stirling Uni, Gala Fairydean etc going to help a player who has been playing the EPL2 league?

Leon King supposedly will be going out on loan imminently also according to reports

He certainly looks very good for his age from the clips. I would be definitely leaning towards this one being on the fringes of the first team.

Is McCann playing the likes of Stirling Uni, Gala Fairydean etc going to help a player who has been playing the EPL2 league?

Leon King supposedly will be going out on loan imminently also according to reports
He'll need to be playing games. Either that of going on loan imo.

If he’s coming from EPL2 level I’d have thought he’d be ready to immediately go out on loan to a St Johnstone or Ross County for a season.

I prefer the below type of videos to watch a player, as it isn’t just highlights its all his actions from one game.

He looks to be a right sided number 8, and more offensive than defensive.

Very agile and athletic, can get the ball out of his feet quickly, plays mainly forward passes and the way he basically slaps the ball in at decent pace is satisfying. Like the look of him. Gets 2 assists in the game too.

Yeh that’s a much better video. Could be a real bargain at £750k. That’s what we paid for Michael O’Halloran.

KT described King as the jewel in the Auchenhowie crown a few years back. He’s a bit of a mentor to the lad. Could be a better move for him, at least its league football
Indeed, but he has been under KT for years, and League 2 is not that much of a step up from Lowland League.

I’d have thought he goes to a higher level, despite his age.

I know there are exceptions, Michael fucking Stewart, but I have always been into the idea of us picking up players from the academies of the better EPL sides,

These players will have had absolute quality coaching from a really young age, must have something to them and have really failed to find first team football as they aren't as good as players who are top end levels.

A player like McCann could be a Kamara but skipping out the Dundee part

We have made a loan offer to celtic for their champions league disco lights. They have rejected the money as they are rich as f@ck but instead want Colin Stewart for the season to play in goals for them.

The deal hangs in the balance as Stewart has said no to the provos, he said no thanks you’re a bunch of wanks.

Expect the story to break in the next hour.

Yes, that’s my fear Russell.

The board have spoken about having to sell, but they’ve probably not dared to consider CL Qualification this year given the draw.

You never know, I do think we can take Malmö and the final QR will be a really tough task. But we’ve learned that you can’t rule Rangers under Steven Gerrard in Europe.
Yeah Ge55ard has really excelled in Europe especially qualifying the last 3 seasons. If we can do the unthinkable & get into the CL in the next month it’s been the most consistent I’ve seen Rangers in Europe EVER!

We have made a loan offer to celtic for their champions league disco lights. They have rejected the money as they are rich as f@ck but instead want Colin Stewart for the season to play in goals for them.

The deal hangs in the balance as Stewart has said no to the provos, he said no thanks you’re a bunch of wanks.

Expect the story to break in the next hour.

Zing.

Does anyone know what the rules are for B team - if McCann plays for them after summer transfer window closes, can he still be recalled for first team or would he have to wait until January window opens?

Does anyone know what the rules are for B team - if McCann plays for them after summer transfer window closes, can he still be recalled for first team or would he have to wait until January window opens?
Once he’s played 5 games he can’t be recalled IIRC.

Could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back