Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favourite from the Ange thread, fresh from this morning. After listening to a politics and international relations podcast, this weirdo is comparing Scottish football to the differences between Russia/China and the West. We actually have to walk around with people like this...

"There is nothing in their complete history, and the recent history of the previous incarnation, to suggest this will happen. They'll run themselves into the ground again.

I was listening to a podcast recently on politics and international relations (I know, I'm a nerd) and one of the questions posed was why Russia and China are so antagonistic towards the west when they're resources would be better served on focussing on themselves? The answer was that they try to destabilize other, richer nations in the hope that they'll suffer some sort of collapse and then Russia (or China) will be on equal footing and will be able to take on those nations on even footing.

The same question could be put to Sevco - why continue to run at a massive loss when it would be better for you in the long run to be sustainable? The answer is the same. They were hoping against all hope that we would implode and then they could take advantage.

The huns haven't even had to destabilize us. We've done that to ourselves. Now we're on equal footing, maybe even worse footing than them. But they won't stop now. It's in their nature to live outside their means. The hordes won't accept anything less"
What is this rambling mess all about? Honestly, why do their fans have to shoehorn everything from religion to politics into conversations? It's a game of football. Nutjobs.

This is Daily Record stats (stolen from Mark's Back Page thread).

I am happy that the media talk them up in those stats (8 for Ralston haha).

If they accept last night as a performance full of 6, 7s, 8s then we are in for a good season.

thats incredible
7 is worthy of a good performance without being top class

being knocked out by a poor Danish side after taking the lead should see 6 at a push for the odd player

and i thought Abada was the second coming?

Can anyone with decent video editing /photoshop skills pull something together for me?

I want a clip of Sheridan shouting "it's a disaster it's a catastrophe!" that goes in in to Ange saying "I don't know what your definition of catastrophic is".

Purely for windup purposes, if its easy enough to pull together?

This is Daily Record stats (stolen from Mark's Back Page thread).

I am happy that the media talk them up in those stats (8 for Ralston haha).

If they accept last night as a performance full of 6, 7s, 8s then we are in for a good season.
An 8 and two 7s in that defense? I think McCarthy might be winding them up...Let's hope Ange is reading it and doesn't buy any reinforcements.

Not tonight :)) :)) :))

5669831.jpg
That picture says more than 1000 words.

Ange looks chuffed

This is my favourite interview yet.His manner and body language tells me he must be kept away from sharp objects deep water and cliff edges.When he walks away at the end and leaves an empty mic has me in stitches.
Hope your pain is real ange for your entire rhat career.You went there knowing their history you would play a child groomer if you could so fu*k you and your rhatbag team.

This is my favourite interview yet.His manner and body language tells me he must be kept away from sharp objects deep water and cliff edges.When he walks away at the end and leaves an empty mic has me in stitches.
Hope your pain is real ange for your entire rhat career.You went there knowing their history you would play a child groomer if you could so fu*k you and your rhatbag team.
He still can’t look at an interviewer in the eye when he’s talking.

My favourite from the Ange thread, fresh from this morning. After listening to a politics and international relations podcast, this weirdo is comparing Scottish football to the differences between Russia/China and the West. We actually have to walk around with people like this...

"There is nothing in their complete history, and the recent history of the previous incarnation, to suggest this will happen. They'll run themselves into the ground again.

I was listening to a podcast recently on politics and international relations (I know, I'm a nerd) and one of the questions posed was why Russia and China are so antagonistic towards the west when they're resources would be better served on focussing on themselves? The answer was that they try to destabilize other, richer nations in the hope that they'll suffer some sort of collapse and then Russia (or China) will be on equal footing and will be able to take on those nations on even footing.

The same question could be put to Sevco - why continue to run at a massive loss when it would be better for you in the long run to be sustainable? The answer is the same. They were hoping against all hope that we would implode and then they could take advantage.

The huns haven't even had to destabilize us. We've done that to ourselves. Now we're on equal footing, maybe even worse footing than them. But they won't stop now. It's in their nature to live outside their means. The hordes won't accept anything less"
If he'd said "I know, it's just the way I roll" instead of being a nerd, I'd think this was the guy who was listening in on Borna organising a move away from Rangers whilst sitting in Byers rd... :))

What's great is, Ange is saying I am responsible, its my fault then near the end of interviews blames the board and plants that seed with the fans knowing they will jump on that.

He is playing those fans like a fiddle. They are all now saying, its not Ange fault, his hands are tied, he has a philosophy blah, blah, blah.

How is it the boards fault their defenders can't defend?
How is it the boards fault the players are blowing out of their arse after 60 minutes?

The longer this continues the better.

I think he has 3 more games before he starts to get the blame. Then the sharks will be out.

I really wish we were playing them in the league opener.

What's great is, Ange is saying I am responsible, its my fault then near the end of interviews blames the board and plants that seed with the fans knowing they will jump on that.

He is playing those fans like a fiddle. They are all now saying, its not Ange fault, his hands are tied, he has a philosophy blah, blah, blah.

How is it the boards fault the players are blowing out of their arse after 60 minutes?

I think he has 3 more games before he starts to get the blame. Then the sharks will be out.

All going well we will finish him in the Old Firm

We must win our games though - Cant get complacent

When it dawns on BBC Scotland that they’re going to have to spend another season reporting on our success from afar, the knives will come out for big Angie. Must be wrenching for them. Heh heh. Meanwhile i won 70 quid on the Danes and am heading in to town today to spend it on the new away top which i will wear on Saturday to welcome back the Champions. Happy days! (Unless you’re Chris McLaughlin, Tom English, Jum Spence, etc etc)
Get Onyedika on the back in tribute for the guy who paid for it.

(Or Ange or Barkas I guess B-D )

Said very similar in another thread. Little soundbites to show people he is taking responsibility but, isn't really. I particularly liked 'it's my fault, I obviously haven't done enough to convince people about who we need in'. Then goes on to talk about how hard the players tried.
Another Lennon. Back was up immediately because of the tone of the journalists questions. Couple of early league defeats and this clown will lose the plot.

Angie said, "the players gave their absolute maximum last night" I sincerely hope this is true. The Danes continually gave them the ball and they had no idea wtf to do with it (ploy by the Danes to tire them out maybe) They can only blame the board for so long.Angie has them buzzing about like flies for 45 mins then pushing each other in wheel barrows for the next 45

Angie said, "the players gave their absolute maximum last night" I sincerely hope this is true. The Danes continually gave them the ball and they had no idea wtf to do with it (ploy by the Danes to tire them out maybe) They can only blame the board for so long.Angie has them buzzing about like flies for 45 mins then pushing each other in wheel barrows for the next 45

They don't stop ... they only stop at half time and full time to celebrate the victory ... thats working out well eh?

Turnbull was blowing out of his arse by 50 mins. He'll probably be in hospital as we speak.

I’m actually starting to debate in my head if hiring Brenda might have done more damage to them in the long run. The wages they took on from that point, Lawwell and their board getting comfortable thinking the success they had would forever be a given, that they couldn’t get caught and would have a free run into the CL each year, even with someone as clueless as the bigot in charge.
They panicked last year after seeing our improvement and spunked a load of money on absolute dross while not taking care of the assets they had in place. They’re already looking at a massive downsize, their only saving grace is that our performances in Europe since Gerrard came in has given them extra chances at Europe for now. Had it not been for that they would be in serious trouble, it would effectively be a fire sale over there. If we keep our foot on their necks it might still be.

Listened to Ange in that. Thinks it’s not that bad, catastrophic and blame are too strong of words for it. He doesn’t get it, when they turn on him he’s in for a shock! He’s already on borrowed time and if Hearts win on Saturday he’ll soon know! Also noted he thinks they kick off the league on Sunday!
If Hearts win? I think if Celtic don’t win. I.e. the draw will cause pretty much the same reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back