Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m actually starting to debate in my head if hiring Brenda might have done more damage to them in the long run. The wages they took on from that point, Lawwell and their board getting comfortable thinking the success they had would forever be a given, that they couldn’t get caught and would have a free run into the CL each year, even with someone as clueless as the bigot in charge.
They panicked last year after seeing our improvement and spunked a load of money on absolute dross while not taking care of the assets they had in place. They’re already looking at a massive downsize, their only saving grace is that our performances in Europe since Gerrard came in has given them extra chances at Europe for now. Had it not been for that they would be in serious trouble, it would effectively be a fire sale over there. If we keep our foot on their necks it might still be.
Therein lies a lesson for us. We need to recognise what we have is fragile and a few key components move on and we could have our own pack of cards. I think we have the right mechanism in place to stop that happening. But we must as a support never be complacent, not just on the park but on our financial position off the park.

Fine margins. We can enjoy what is happening to our neighbours they fully deserve it, but we also must never get to the level of complacency they have reached.

a mutant prediction thread for anyone wanting a laugh. Some think they will win the league at a canter :D

Reply number 3:

Treble and European football after Xmas?!o_O:eek:o_O

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fartcarden%2Ffiles%2F2011%2F07%2F300px-Gnomes_plan.jpg

Phase 1: Collect dirty underpants
Phase 2: ?
Phase 3: Treble and European football after Xmas

It’s genuinely incredible how a professional footballer at 22 can be so unfit. What the hell are they doing every day in training??

Im just glad we seem to have a far better standard of training, our players can still go all the way until the final whistle
Truly bizarre and genuinely makes you wonder if he has some kind of health issue going on to seemingly be unable to improve his levels.

Actually, Australians have such a tendency to do the thing you've written, that they invented a term for it: tall poppy syndrome. So I'd have to disagree with your attempt to differentiate Aussies from British - it's the same mix of bias/arrogance and pride as any other sporting nation, with slightly more arrogance due to them expecting success.

As an example, I was living in Perth when Scotland had, at that point, won more swimming medals at a Commonwealth games than Australia, and they were spitting with derision that Scotland could better them. And when Scotland had Australia at 5 wickets down for 30 odd runs in a cricket match, they cut regular television coverage and were almost ready to declare a national emergency (before Australia recovered to win comfortably!).
I know it exists but it's far, far worse in the UK. And it's usually aimed at people who genuinely are pricks at the time: Lleyton Hewitt was one but he's largely redeemed himself in recent years, Bernard Tomic has had it but he is a wee fanny, Nick Kyriakos has had it but again probably justifiably. There's not that many others that I can think of.

It’s genuinely incredible how a professional footballer at 22 can be so unfit. What the hell are they doing every day in training??

Im just glad we seem to have a far better standard of training, our players can still go all the way until the final whistle
Good point which I would apply to their whole team. When the Danes scored it was their first meaningful attempt in the whole game, yet check the end game stats. From then on there was only one team in it, especially in ET when the scum could barely get out their own half.

You have to wonder if his body is able to reach the level of fitness required. He had an injury maybe this is a result of it. Playing for Motherwell is different to playing for an old firm team. the intensity of the games the number of games the pressure all take their toll. Maybe he cant achieve that level of fitness. Not all about the ability.

He is absolutely awful and he is the first one I have seen use the word Sevco on a podcast, they don't normally do that so hthe fat kunt must have been hurting really badly last night.
I actually thought the main boy JP or PJ looked beeling when he said that.

He tries to keep it above that from what I have saw. He cut a previous guest off when he questioned how many titles we had won. Said that patter was for other podcasts.

Fat lad had managed to keep a lid on it up to last night. Must have been deep hurt he was suffering.

Lovely stuff that timmy deep hurt :D

Truly bizarre and genuinely makes you wonder if he has some kind of health issue going on to seemingly be unable to improve his levels.

We seen it with Caixhinha. He didn't bother with fitness as the players were naturally fit already, according to him. Training was just (ridiculous) tactics and ball work, no fitness drills.

Plenty of posters on here were saying. He’s no mug, won’t take any shite, doesn’t suffer fools, good reputation in Australia and Japan etc etc.

To me he just looks like a confused man on the sidelines.
Doesn’t suffer fools?

“We’re no sacking thumb the nonce and you have to keep the nose and Ipaddy on as your coaching team.”

“Aye, no bother boss.”

If Celtc report they got £20m for Edouard?, it's a complete and utter lie or the club who buys him have got money to burn.
He's got a year to run and from what I've saw of him last season in the SPL and Europe this season , he's NOWHERE near worth that figure, more like £7/8m or even less.
Not being biased but Alfie is a far better all round player for the team.

My favourite from the Ange thread, fresh from this morning. After listening to a politics and international relations podcast, this weirdo is comparing Scottish football to the differences between Russia/China and the West. We actually have to walk around with people like this...

"There is nothing in their complete history, and the recent history of the previous incarnation, to suggest this will happen. They'll run themselves into the ground again.

I was listening to a podcast recently on politics and international relations (I know, I'm a nerd) and one of the questions posed was why Russia and China are so antagonistic towards the west when they're resources would be better served on focussing on themselves? The answer was that they try to destabilize other, richer nations in the hope that they'll suffer some sort of collapse and then Russia (or China) will be on equal footing and will be able to take on those nations on even footing.

The same question could be put to Sevco - why continue to run at a massive loss when it would be better for you in the long run to be sustainable? The answer is the same. They were hoping against all hope that we would implode and then they could take advantage.

The huns haven't even had to destabilize us. We've done that to ourselves. Now we're on equal footing, maybe even worse footing than them. But they won't stop now. It's in their nature to live outside their means. The hordes won't accept anything less"
MV5BYWFjYjIxOTYtYmM3Zi00NjVjLWFjNjgtMjU4NWRkN2NhNmQwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODE3MDg1OTE%40._V1_UY268_CR148%2C0%2C182%2C268_AL_.jpg

poor hagi and wright, the smelly mhob are imagining them as skinny wee boys. Creepy bunch

Maud Gonne

30 minutes ago#2790
Hagi when he turned up was a skinny wee boy same with scott Wright. Look at them both now. What’s going on over there compared to here? Makes you think doesn’t it
Training? Professionalism?

Truly bizarre and genuinely makes you wonder if he has some kind of health issue going on to seemingly be unable to improve
I seem to remember a bit of a farce when he had transferred to them, but then deal was off because of wage issues then back on again. Maybe them covering up health/fitness problems. Then signing him anyway. Sounds like something they would do out of desperation..

If Celtc report they got £20m for Edouard?, it's a complete and utter lie or the club who buys him have got money to burn.
He's got a year to run and from what I've saw of him last season in the SPL and Europe this season , he's NOWHERE near worth that figure, more like £7/8m or even less.
Not being biased but Alfie is a far better all round player for the team.

when Alfie doesn't score he contributes - assists, holdup play, making space for others
when Edouard doesn't score, he'd be as well sitting in the house

You just have to sit back and enjoy this

How the HELL could they go so bloody wrong ?

They got money for Rodgers literally all they had to do was get a half savvy manager in and sign a Tierney replacement

They gave the job to a fool in the shower that EVERYONE (including their fans) knew would end out a complete car crash.

Lets not forget they already removed Lennon years before

Absolutely Glorious

On the 21st May he was £40M by this poster but by last night he was a 80year old man :D
Country Mac

4:28 PM - May 21#2721
I'd want £40 million for Turnbull.

Is he worth that right now? Of course not. But the only way it's in any way an option is if we are front-loaded the extremely high end of what we might one day get for him, probably with the eventual sell-on fee added in plus change. Otherwise it's just not worth making an already massive rebuild that much more difficult for ourselves.

https://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=16239
Country Mac

9:24 PM - 1 day ago#2742
Whatever causes him to turn into an 80 year old man after seventy minutes needs identified and rectified. Otherwise he's no good to us and we should cash in while there remains any interest.
Country Smackhead?

This is Daily Record stats (stolen from Mark's Back Page thread).

I am happy that the media talk them up in those stats (8 for Ralston haha).

If they accept last night as a performance full of 6, 7s, 8s then we are in for a good season.
Only 3 players with below par scores? One of who was subbed off at HT I think.

For me 6/10 is good. The first positive score if you like. 5 is not good enough.

Out of Europe without a whimper and there’s no 3s or 4s. Mostly 7s. An 8. Wild.

You have to wonder if his body is able to reach the level of fitness required. He had an injury maybe this is a result of it. Playing for Motherwell is different to playing for an old firm team. the intensity of the games the number of games the pressure all take their toll. Maybe he cant achieve that level of fitness. Not all about the ability.

maybe he doesnt try hard enough in training during pre-season?

laziness looks like the cause to me

I know guys 10stone heavier than him that could last a full 80min rugby game, a 22year old “athlete” should have no excuses with regards to fitness

he had an injury too his knee, that should have no bearing on his Vo2 max, unless it stos him running

I'm beginning to wonder if they anticipate such a bad season that they are only going after players with names that can be used in comedy headlines ?
Starfelt?
Abada ?
Buta?
Furuhashi?

Not forgetting the ones that are already there;

Soro.
Bain.
Hazard.
Bitton.

Barkas doesn't seem to fit, maybe they misread his name. B-D

A silent " k " so he's local

I feel sorry for him, he has no idea what he has signed up for and whats going to hapoen to him
I was just thinking I felt a bit bad for him!

He seems a decent enough bloke despite his poor judgement in choosing employers. Who knows about his ability really but they've chucked him in at the deep end, turned on the wave machine and started throwing bricks at him instead of life rings.

Awesome

I’m actually starting to debate in my head if hiring Brenda might have done more damage to them in the long run. The wages they took on from that point, Lawwell and their board getting comfortable thinking the success they had would forever be a given, that they couldn’t get caught and would have a free run into the CL each year, even with someone as clueless as the bigot in charge.
They panicked last year after seeing our improvement and spunked a load of money on absolute dross while not taking care of the assets they had in place. They’re already looking at a massive downsize, their only saving grace is that our performances in Europe since Gerrard came in has given them extra chances at Europe for now. Had it not been for that they would be in serious trouble, it would effectively be a fire sale over there. If we keep our foot on their necks it might still be.
Brenda was similar to Ange, not willing to change to play in Europe.

They got him in too early, they got spooked by the cup semi as we were coming back up. They needed him (or someone that was professional) at the other end ie when we were an actual team.
But, fuk them. Hagi and Wright are a small window into the differences between us. Both bulked up within months, Turnbull still struggles to play 90 mins.

poor hagi and wright, the smelly mhob are imagining them as skinny wee boys. Creepy bunch

Maud Gonne

30 minutes ago#2790
Hagi when he turned up was a skinny wee boy same with scott Wright. Look at them both now. What’s going on over there compared to here? Makes you think doesn’t it
It's called good training and management

This is another thing where we are streets ahead, their hordes are demanding signings it will literally be whoever they can get. Us on the other hand have a system we play, we scout players for months making sure they are the right fit before signing them.

It also seems to be have been forgotten by a number of people outside out club we win the league unbeaten and for the 2nd year in a row got to the last 16 of a European competition with a midfield that cost 50 grand (ok aribo we paid a development fee but for all intent and purpose he was a free transfer)

Plenty of posters on here were saying. He’s no mug, won’t take any shite, doesn’t suffer fools, good reputation in Australia and Japan etc etc.

To me he just looks like a confused man on the sidelines.
There wasn’t much sign of a new style of play, a consistent theme to their play last night. Not much sign of a football revolution. This guy is Warburton mark two.

Had to make small talk with my colleague this morning again before a meeting. Of course I had to bring up last night lol. He said that he’s backing the manager to the hilt as it’s not his fault, he feels that he will still do a job B-)

Had to make small talk with my colleague this morning again before a meeting. Of course I had to bring up last night lol. He said that he’s backing the manager to the hilt as it’s not his fault, he feels that he will still do a job B-)

thats so Pedro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back