Kerryfail Meltdown - It's the hope that kills you

Status
Not open for further replies.
“A club open to all”.
ironically, back in the day, Wilson used that canard a lot.

He used it on Radio 4 the morning after Seville. I wrote to him politely at the House of Commons, with full name and address, asking him if that included the Sellik Board Room which had been exclusively Roman Catholic from 1887 through to 1995?

No reply.

There wasn’t much sign of a new style of play, a consistent theme to their play last night. Not much sign of a football revolution. This guy is Warburton mark two.
Thats harsh, very harsh. Warburton is a pretty decent Coach he just didnt work at Rangers but hes done well before and after in other jobs.

Big Ange is a whole other ball game. Which ball game exactly Im not sure and apparently neither are the Celt!c players.

There wasn’t much sign of a new style of play, a consistent theme to their play last night. Not much sign of a football revolution. This guy is Warburton mark two.
I’m not sure about him not having a clue. You can tell by his sound bites already, he knows the squad are hopeless as he has said he has failed to convince the board just how badly they need new players.

He is clearly pissed off with them already, and is letting their supporters know what is going on.

If they get off to a bad start in the league I actually think full houses may result in marsbars being launched into the directors box like they were back in the 90s before Fergus McCann took over!

Ha ha what a rant on Kerrydale St about Liewell.. superb

Effing hate the carrot.

Artmedia. Utrecht. Braga. Sion. Legia. Maribor. Malmö. Ferencvaros. Cluj. AEK Athen. Sparta Prague. Sparta Prague two weeks later. Molde.

You are an absolute rat of a guy and today is on you cause you couldn’t sack your wife beating, lazy, sociopath project.

We needed a right back after you sanctioned selling two, and gave us Jonjoe Kenny on loan, that lead to Ralston tonight(he was actually ok).

He screwed up the Forster deal, watched Barkas play, and didn’t sanction a replacement or at least have one lined up in about the ten months it was proved he wasn’t good enough.

He is the guy who let Boli go who wasn’t good enough, got a guy on loan that wasn’t good enough, but didn’t have a structure in place to get a replacement or first choice.

He is the guy who didn’t have a structure in place to get centre backs in early when it was proved Duffy was rotten, and Julien has been out now for about six months.

He is the guy who didn’t have a structure in place to have a defensive midfielder lined up when everyone could see Soro is pish, and we have known for three months almost Brown is going.

He is the guy who didn’t have a striker lined up when we had Ajeti prove not good enough, or fit enough, Eduoard wanted away, and Griffiths was being released as he is a fat lazy waster who has since proved he is a nonce. He is also still a fat lazy waster, but good enough for this squad to flounder.

We went from Larsson, Sutton, Hairston, to those three in his tenure. When Bellamy was available, he wouldn’t pay the funds. His tenure can be best summed up by paying £1.5m on a loan deal for Henri Camara, he is crap, we get Bellamy later on, he is available for £6m, but he won’t pay it. On has no return on investment, the other would have potentially had a return. He is a piss poor businessman who’s final acts in the transfer market were considerable fees for Elyounoussi, a guy who didn’t fit the preferred style of play and cost upwards of £3m, Duffy on loan for about £3m including wages, a deal for Laxalt that cost god knows how much, and Jonjoe effing Kenny.

Slow in the transfer market, with micro managing, and penny pinching (unless for some reason it was for a loan deal).

Tonight’s result is on him, and it shows the is one of the thickest individuals in football. May he eff off and never come back the absolute parasite.
What a glorious implosion, but wait wasn’t Soro the most exciting midfielder in Scotland last season hahaha!

This is another thing where we are streets ahead, their hordes are demanding signings it will literally be whoever they can get. Us on the other hand have a system we play, we scout players for months making sure they are the right fit before signing them.

It also seems to be have been forgotten by a number of people outside out club we win the league unbeaten and for the 2nd year in a row got to the last 16 of a European competition with a midfield that cost 50 grand (ok aribo we paid a development fee but for all intent and purpose he was a free transfer)
aye, we have a big game plan and a vison for our club and the personel to carry it out, they're headless at the moment and their fans hate the people in charge, which is not something that can be resolved easily and it takes time as we know too well, I'm just enjoying the damage they're doing to themselves as their shit show goes on

Last edited:
Con
Yahoo's unwilling to pay half a million for Joe Hart and are trying to persuade Spurs to let him go on a free.
Considering the money they just missed out on last night you’d think 500k would be well worth the investment to prevent possible further cash haemorrhaging when they get papped out of the EL as well? Hart could be the difference there as Barkas and Bain are rotten

They now want to send the £40m great white hope back to Motherwell in a deal deal for Alan Campbell (who now plays for Millwall)

bj712

10:39 AM - Today#2801
@remy mcswain

I’m suggesting swapping him for Campbell for a couple of simple reasons.
We spent decent money on Turnbull which we are unlikely to recoup. By offering him the chance to go back to somewhere he is rated and likes might appeal to him. I doubt it because we are paying him money M’well couldn’t look at.
Secondly I believe we had been looking at Campbell but perhaps that is wrong too but it might have suited both parties
All of the above is based on the simple fact that our need for players who can compete, even in Scottish terms, is dire.
We need a GK, 2 RBs, LB, CB, 2DM, 2ST at the very least to form a decent match day team plus subs.
Guys like Rogic, Soro and Turnbull are nowhere good enough.

Yahoo's unwilling to pay half a million for Joe Hart and are trying to persuade Spurs to let him go on a free.
Yet another deal for them which makes no sense. Watching last night they are taking the sweeper keeper approach and Hart is honking with the ball at his feet. He is a better shot stopper than what they already have but is also very prone to a regular howler.

The latest take on things is that it’s all just a ‘planned decline’, whatever that is.
This is Timbo paranoia at its most bonkers - that their board are deliberately running them into the ground for some as yet unexplained reason.

It feels as if some bizarre alternative reality has kicked in where we’re back to 2017 except the roles have been reversed.

Long may it continue.

This is Daily Record stats (stolen from Mark's Back Page thread).

I am happy that the media talk them up in those stats (8 for Ralston haha).

If they accept last night as a performance full of 6, 7s, 8s then we are in for a good season.
Going by those marks you would think they had won the game..
If they’re happy with that performance last night, that’ll do me B-)

False equivalence

Rangers are clearly on an upward trend with everything pointing to that continuing

Celtic have a previously successful and dominant domestically team that has gone on longer than it should and has totally disintegrated.

The evidence isn’t there to suggest a miraculous turn around in both clubs fortunes.

This is just another example of the crippling fear we see on here. There needs to be more substance to the argument than “one team overhauled a big gap before so its a very likely probability again”.

Thats no better an argument than people saying we finished 25points ahead and won the league in March so we’re gonna finish 25 points ahead and win it March again, I’ve seen it before.

We’re just at the start of our upward trend and they are really only a year or two into their down turn from what was their peak.

There is far too much to go on at that club on and off the field to instantaneously arrest that and overtake us by a 25point swing.

We haven’t been in our period of success long enough for complacency or staleness to be a factor.
They only dominated domestically as they had a budget bigger than the rest of Scottish football together and I'm sure it was the same with Steven Gerrards first season.

They broke the bank for Rodgers after that semi final win we had when we were almost at our lowest player wise.

Players come and go with all teams. What's cost them is arrogance and lack of professionalism in relation to infrastructure and future look. They all thought they would stroll 9.75.

However, the biggest impact has been Steven Gerrard and his influence on our club and being backed as much as possible by the board financially, the board have been outstanding.

If we manage the group stages of CL we could be on the cusp of something special if we can get our boss to stay and, anything we win will have merit as our strongest competitor was in the league.

I actually thought the main boy JP or PJ looked beeling when he said that.

He tries to keep it above that from what I have saw. He cut a previous guest off when he questioned how many titles we had won. Said that patter was for other podcasts.

Fat lad had managed to keep a lid on it up to last night. Must have been deep hurt he was suffering.

Lovely stuff that timmy deep hurt :D
He’s said before the podcast doesn’t waste its time with the sevco debate and they’d rather talk about their own issues of which there are plenty.

This is Daily Record stats (stolen from Mark's Back Page thread).

I am happy that the media talk them up in those stats (8 for Ralston haha).

If they accept last night as a performance full of 6, 7s, 8s then we are in for a good season.
fcking hell that's wild ! Turnbull and Christie with 7's B-D

It’s genuinely incredible how a professional footballer at 22 can be so unfit. What the hell are they doing every day in training??

Im just glad we seem to have a far better standard of training, our players can still go all the way until the final whistle
Who was the scruffy tramp they had a few years back that they hailed as a genius, but could barely manage 45 mins? McCourt??

Combine him with Rogic, Turnbull, the fat racist paedo Thumbheid and their former fat racist manager (remember the studio laughter at the belly out as Old Yellerteeth swapped shirts were swapped following a European defeat?), and they do seem to have serious fitness/conditioning issues going back years.

I spoke to one earlier( out of character for me but it was a situation forced upon me) anyway
he seemed to think if the goalkeeper situation was sorted they would be fine.
I told him you could have prime Buffon in that goal and it wouldn't matter a fcuck with what's in front of him at the moment.
They basically still need a full back line, then there's backups for that backline which have to be taken into consideration aswel.
Then there's midfield. There's one I rate in McGregor , apart from him the rest are very average. Strikers they are fcucked aswel. The peado is as good as done and the other two don't want to be there.
That leaves them with the Japanese striker that they just signed.
It's a massive rebuilding Job and without decent scouts and management even more so.

ironically, back in the day, Wilson used that canard a lot.

He used it on Radio 4 the morning after Seville. I wrote to him politely at the House of Commons, with full name and address, asking him if that included the Sellik Board Room which had been exclusively Roman Catholic from 1887 through to 1995?

No reply.
It must also be a myth that they offered their greatest manager ever a job at Celtic pools instead of a directorship. When they gave his job to mcbungle.

Some of the groin bhrigade believe that lawwell, desmond,bankier, were apparently all involved in a major masonic conspiracy to help Rangers win the league last season.

Mentally deranged doesn't even begin to describe that mhob.
Well it's either that or they've just got every single managerial appointment, signing and decision they've made in the past 18 months wrong isn't it? :D

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back