Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Ge55ard has really excelled in Europe especially qualifying the last 3 seasons. If we can do the unthinkable & get into the CL in the next month it’s been the most consistent I’ve seen Rangers in Europe EVER!

Yes, I can’t remember a more consistently good period in Europe.

It’s all completely different in terms of mini leagues now, but we were one of the best teams in Europe going back to the 1960’s, and of course that stretched to 1972, but you play more matches in Europe now.

We had finals in 62,67,72 I’m sure, which is bloody impressive.

Sceptical about the reports it's a B team signing.

I don't think he'll have much pressure on him this season but I'd imagine he will be in the first team squad.

No chance he will be in the B team this season. Something has to happen in terms of the numbers in the first team though for it to work. Could be that Aribo is being shifted forward.

Was Bebo the child of Bebeto?
4609908560_c35e81c3a0.jpg
Who is that again ? Is it Romario , Bebeto and who is the other one ?

We’re not signing him to play in the B team, especially if we are paying 750k. He will probably get the Scott Wright treatment where we focus on building him up physically and tactically before gradually giving him first team appearances

Seems he is someone we have been tracking for some time

We don’t have to rush young boys into the team anymore, even if he spends the next 18 months learning our system he’s still only be 21 when he’s trying to nail down a starting spot

I think we are using the edmundson money wisely investing in the future of our midfield where we will need to strengthen In next season or two
Get the boy in build him get him used to our style of play a good bit of business

750k to play in the lowland league. Surely not
It's "up to £750k" meaning that it will be clauses related. You'd imagine quite of lot of those will be related to first team appearances. So we won't be paying that for him straight away.

Plus the Manchester Evening News article only said that he would initially play in the B team. Good chance he gets a loan move or maybe even in our squad depending on how he performs and adjusts.

Have my doubts about this guy, his tweets always seem to follow reports that have already been tweeted from the tabloids. Sounds like he’s trying to pass stuff off as his own
That and the Dutch fella replying basically asking him where the reports in Holland originate from :))

I can definitely see the Man Utd kid having to show it in the B team before he gets a match day shirt.

Gerrard just strikes me as the kind of guy who won't give the lad a free ride just because he is coming up from a good academy.

Hopefully his time at B team level is short as that would only be a good sign he is showing the right attitude, desire and ability.

Utd letting two from their u23s go today, another away to Hull City.

Is McCann playing the likes of Stirling Uni, Gala Fairydean etc going to help a player who has been playing the EPL2 league?

Leon King supposedly will be going out on loan imminently also according to reports
Well Charlie Mcann himself seems to think so . I thought out on loan myself .

I can definitely see the Man Utd kid having to show it in the B team before he gets a match day shirt.

Gerrard just strikes me as the kind of guy who won't give the lad a free ride just because he is coming up from a good academy.

Hopefully his time at B team level is short as that would only be a good sign he is showing the right attitude, desire and ability.
Plenty , underestimate the standards Gerrard had for us and are dazzled he’s came from MU .

After reading through the numerous and often contradictory posts on the 'McCann signing', I'm none the wiser as to why Rangers actually need him.

Granted, based on the youtube clips the young lad looks a fine player, but midfield is hardly a place that needs strengthening in the current Rangers squad. IMO, the only thing lacking is a midfielder that can shoot accurately from distance - an Albertz type if you will.

After reading through the numerous and often contradictory posts on the 'McCann signing', I'm none the wiser as to why Rangers actually need him.

Granted, based on the youtube clips the young lad looks a fine player, but midfield is hardly a place that needs strengthening in the current Rangers squad. IMO, the only thing lacking is a midfielder that can shoot accurately from distance - an Albertz type if you will.

Its a low risk punt on a player with a lot of potential.

I know on paper our midfield looks fine, but its possible Kamara will be sold. Jack will have to prove he can stay healthy for a season and we need to plan for Davis and Arfields eventual retirement. This signing seems like succession planning and at a cost where we can afford a hit if it doesnt pan out.

It's not 750k to play in the Lowland League.

It's 750k for a promising youngster we hope will become good enough for our first team.

We're talking down the impact and utility of the B team and the experience they're getting by referring to it that way. The club believe that experience will benefit our young players.

Paying £750,000 for a B team player, the hubris is well and truly back.
Maybe mate , or showing that anyone comes in , ( from anywhere )that hasn’t established themselves as a first team player will have to prove himself to our management team , just love the way we operate now :) .

If Bassey was playing for another SPFL team I bet he would be the best in the league outside us or Celtic (chuckle).

We 100% do not need a 3rd left-back

Bassey isn't better than Josh Doig (who is also younger and actually has more senior experience).

He is surely going to a higher level than that?

He's only 17. It's arguably more important he's loaned out to a club with a coach we can trust at this early stage of his development, and he'd have that at Kelty under Thomson.

It's 750k for a promising youngster we hope will become good enough for our first team.

We're talking down the impact and utility of the B team and the experience they're getting by referring to it that way. The club believe that experience will benefit our young players.
Will play 6-12 months in the B team at the very most if he progresses as we hope he does.

Bassey isn't better than Josh Doig (who is aleo younger and actually has more senior experience).

He's only 17. It's arguably more important he's loaned out to a club with a coach we can trust at this early stage of his development, and he'd have that at Kelty under Thomson.
Bassey will show this season if he’s a better player than Josh Doig.

I hope not. I would have thought a player held in such a high regard in SGs eyes would be going to play at a much higher level
Kevin Thomson is manager so you'd have to assume he'll be playing mens football in a system with similarities to Rangers who are favourites to win the league.

Might not be the best level but it's still a good fit.

IMO better than going to a relegation battle at a Morton or wherever.

We are signing him so we can have another Nike style Rangers home v Rangers away day. As EGT said above the hubris is back.

Great post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back