Taking the knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
The players have asked you not to boo. The club have asked you not to boo. Theres your mandate.

Stop being so delf absorbed and selfish. Nobody cares about your opinion on this it is about the players making a statement on racism. If you cant handle that then its you that has the problem.
It's exactly the same as the manager, players and club asking people not to sing about the pope or 19th Century Terrorists.

Still some insist that's whit it's aw aboot.

Folk going back to the 1800's and the 1960's regarding to the knee, Today in 2021 taking the knee is seen as a show of support for BLM it is crazy to deny that.

PRI_153523454-3.jpg
Not for our players it isnt

Also, you are not being asked to take the knee. You can go and buy a pie while its happening if it causes you grief

It's not really at all to be honest, fans having to self police at games has always been a pretty shit suggestion in counter to people saying what should and shouldn't be sung at a game, it is likely only going to end up in the shits with fans scrapping, suggesting people are some how weak for wanting to avoid that is a bit silly.
Not really, if people want genuine change to happen within the support then they need to speak up.

Ah yes all those racists are just outing themselves, that's what it is.

That myth got put to bed by the Millwall fans within a week.

But let assume you're right for a minute, everyone booing is racist.... So what good is the gesture doing? Angering racists, it's hardly achieving the goal is it?

That's the pr fail. Not for rangers or any club specifically, but in diminishing the whole point of kneeling in the first place.
Right so our players should stop doing it to not upset the poor wee racists, have I got that right?

The players have specifically told you that this is about racial equality and not politics so anyone booing that will have to face any accusations that come their way.

its widely known among the support why they are doing it, its been discussed to death on here
i've yet to see a news report that contridicts that the other way

support the players
How many folk attend the games who have never heard of follow follow dont use social media or watch Rangers players interviews on RTV youtube etc?

Aye, it is, as we've seen in this thread

Its also easy to be a keyboard hard man re booing our BAME players taking the knee. Maybe a season ticket forfeiture would waken folk up to observe some human decency
Any Rangers fan that boo's our own players is not welcome at Ibrox.

Rangers fans showing hostility towards playing staff isn't a new thing. Some of the abuse Ally, Alan Hutton or many other whipping boys over the years got makes booing look like a Sunday school sing a long.

You dont know anything about me so don’t presume to, I have experienced racism because of being white in a non white country that involved me being soar at when I was a kid.

So right say not one person at Ibrox boo’s that’s us sorted? Of course not. So what is the actual goals? Not vague nothing stuff like what you just said.

Also if you think the club are going to ban people for booing then you are going to be shocked to your core when you see how our away support will react to the knee.
Then it will derail our season. Is that something you want to see?

I hope the club returns tickets rather than let a bunch of morons mortify us. This could be the beginning of the end of the Gerrad era and some folk are just so stupid they cant see it.

I would suggest you go and watch SG's reaction after the Kamara incident. Look at his face and listen to his words very carefully. If this turns into a circus he will be for the off I have absolutely no doubts about that.

Do you think our players are lying when they say it isn’t political?
No i dont. Why do you think people boo taking the knee? If all the players stood or held a card or banner i would bet my life on not one single person booing the players. It needs changed the symbol is too devisive as this thread proves.

How many folk attend the games who have never heard of follow follow dont use social media or watch Rangers players interviews on RTV youtube etc?

so they only watch the news
which hasn't featured Rangers players explaining why they kneel
but has featured many other players including the England national team explaining that its not about politics, its about anti-racism

but these fans conclude that Tav, Goldson et al are supporting BLM instead

Folk going back to the 1800's and the 1960's regarding to the knee, Today in 2021 taking the knee is seen as a show of support for BLM it is crazy to deny that and im pretty sure someone took a knee before the 1800s!!

PRI_153523454-3.jpg
What are we supposed to be raging at here? What am I missing?

No i dont. Why do you think people boo taking the knee? If all the players stood or held a card or banner i would bet my life on not one single person booing the players. It needs changed the symbol is too devisive as this thread proves.
Because footballers held banners for years and it achieved nothing. It’s a constant topic now and if people are taking about it then that’s better than the usual Show Racism The Red Card-type of lip service where people became numb to it.

It is literally a five second gesture that causes absolutely no harm to anyone. If you disagree with it then that’s absolutely fine, but it’s about showing a bit of respect for the players and standing quietly. If it makes them feel better to express themselves in such a way then we should support that.

We’ve just won our first title in a decade. Fans have been allowed back in the ground after 18 months. Our players who on a regular basis suffer racist abuse have repeatedly explained the gesture has nothing to do with BLM as an organisation.

But yet there are fans who choose not to believe them and want to boo them despite everything they have done for us. That will be an absolute embarrassment.
I don't agree with booing. Stated that before. I've never done it regardless of the result, even during the banter years, so I'm not about to start now.

The players have to show some pragmatism and imo backtrack slightly in their earlier BLM support which came about before most people knew what the organisation stood for.

Would it not solve all the issues if the players said something like "we don't support blm but we do think the fight for racial justice etc needs more publicity. We understand the taking the knee gesture is inextricably linked with blm and don't want to alienate fans who would otherwise support the cause, so for this reason we have decided to adopt the <insert gesture> gesture as a symbol for the cause we all support and hope the fans can get behind us as individuals and as a team"

The issue of booing would disappear overnight and the actual issue would be in the spotlight instead of this sideshow.

I don't agree with booing. Stated that before. I've never done it regardless of the result, even during the banter years, so I'm not about to start now.

The players have to show some pragmatism and imo backtrack slightly in their earlier BLM support which came about before most people knew what the organisation stood for.

Would it not solve all the issues if the players said something like "we don't support blm but we do think the fight for racial justice etc needs more publicity. We understand the taking the knee gesture is inextricably linked with blm and don't want to alienate fans who would otherwise support the cause, so for this reason we have decided to adopt the <insert gesture> gesture as a symbol for the cause we all support and hope the fans can get behind us as individuals and as a team"

The issue of booing would disappear overnight and the actual issue would be in the spotlight instead of this sideshow.

Something like this you mean?

"Let’s try again. The hate and ignorance in the comments of the last picture were disgusting but not surprising. This isn’t about politics it’s about equality!!! We all need educating, myself included!"

As not many will boo in the stadium. I have zero issues with the players making a statement but taking the knee will be forever associated with politics lots of people disagree with.

Again, this was literally said by one of our players.

"Let’s try again. The hate and ignorance in the comments of the last picture were disgusting but not surprising. This isn’t about politics it’s about equality!!! We all need educating, myself included!"

Yes, really, what you are advocating is a terrible idea to go about forcing change in what fans sing at games, self policing would be a shambles.
In other words you want someone else to do it for you.

I've made it clear, I wont boo the players, now or ever about taking the knee, but people on here shouting the odds left, right and centre, what's the point of telling everybody on here, do something about it yourself.

If they boo, tell them to f**k up, but don't boo them back or it will sound worse than it is.

BLM do not OWN the knee. How many times does this need explained? Why are you still banging on that same drum? If anyone thinks our multi millionaire players are paying tribute to some sort of nazi marxist conspiracy we really need to re-open Leverndale.
Do people associate it with the organisation who first adopted it? Yes. Of course they do.

Pr disaster.

Do people associate an arm raised out in front of them at a slight angle with the Nazis? Yes of course they do. The nazis don't own that gesture, but it's inextricably linked.

We have people talking about reclaiming the saltire or refusing to wear Scotland tops etc because it's linked to support for the SNP so it'd quite funny how the same people are unable to notice the issues with associated symbolim

BLM started in 2013.

I was at a Miami dolphins game in 2015 and there were BLM activists outside.

Why lie?

Kaepernick publicised taking the knee at sports events following discussions with a former Green Beret who saw him sitting during their national anthem - the ex-soldier recommended taking the knee

i'm fairly sure that patriot is not a BLM motivated person

I don’t think our support should be policing how our black players want to fight racial inequality.

Balogun and Goldson are on record as saying the full club from top to bottom have given their full support to our black players when they started taking the knee and when everything kicked off with Slavia. They said it came from the directors all the way to Gerrard. 100% support. No ifs or buts. We as the Rangers support should be capable of the same thing.

the players told you it wasn't
support the players
Have the players ever came out and distanced themselves from BLM and state they want nothing to do with them as the knee is also an anti racist gesture for them too obviously. This is the problem with choosing the exact same gesture.

Im sure if they have spoke out against BLM and other players of other clubs have too the boo's would stop not just at Ibrox but around all the stadiums in the UK as its not just Rangers fans booing as some would have you believe.

If they have spoke out against BLM and their values send the link over so everyone can see it. Problem solved.

In other words you want someone else to do it for you.

I've made it clear, I wont boo the players, now or ever about taking the knee, but people on here shouting the odds left, right and centre, what's the point of telling everybody on here, do something about it yourself.

If they boo, tell them to f**k up, but don't boo them back or it will sound worse than it is.

It's a pretty poor interpretation of the words to be honest, the behavior of some fans isn't going to change because every few weeks a few lads end up kicking the shit out of each other.

The context of the chat you have quoted was self-policing, it's a shit way to fix a problem in a football support.

Oh yeah sorry, you're right. I don't have an answer to your claim that BLM activists roam around communities recruiting youngsters using pictures of footballers taking the knee to persuade them to join & reject mainstream society.

You'd be better calling a psychiatrist as I'm sure they'd have something to say about that fairy tale
Yes there's no active recruitment of BLM amongst young people, you're right. The image of football idols adopting symbolism of BLM can't possibly have any impact on young people at all.

Perhaps you should say that to anyone who indulges themselves at Ibrox or at an away ground?
Gladly.

You seem to have some sort of mistaken idea that I wouldn't back my words up.

See when some arsehole is harming the club I love by singing utter shite that has nothing to do with Rangers? I'll take a microphone and stand in the centre circle and call every single one of them cünts.

Why?

Because they're being selfish cünts who put their own need to sing about a foreign religious leader over that of the club, despite having been told not to by the club, the players, despite the fines and stand closures from UEFA.

Yet they still persist. That's a properly selfish cünt and not a Rangers supporter.

Have the players ever came out and distanced themselves from BLM and state they want nothing to do with them as the knee is also an anti racist gesture for them too obviously. This is the problem with choosing the exact same gesture.

Im sure if they have spoke out against BLM and other players of other clubs have too the boo's would stop not just at Ibrox but around all the stadiums in the UK as its not just Rangers fans booing as some would have you believe.

If they have spoke out against BLM and their values send the link over so everyone can see it. Problem solved.
hardly problem solved
there is the group Black Lives Matter and the message black lives matter - you can believe in the latter without being a paid up member of the former

they publically come out and say they are against BLM - its taken as the latter too and a shitstorm is thrown up, not to mention that most if not all have been racially abused so it makes no sens

the players have stated its not a political move, its to show support for the end of racism

the problem is solved if people that don't agree with the gesture simply do nothing for 5 seconds
thats all - don't need to support it, just support the players by not booing

I do think of the players specifically said they didn’t support BLM then that would help massively.

Again, this was literally said by one of our players.

I think the majority of Rangers fans and posters on this forum would agree that taking the knee should be binned. But anybody who disagrees with it are “racists” and will keep quiet :rolleyes:

Good for you, but that's something you'll have to live with as a Rangers supporter, whether you like it or not.

There is nowhere else outside of Scotland with the links we have to the people of ulster. In fact, one club helped us in our hour of need. Where do you think they came from. You can turn your back on them all you want, but then again these people have had to deal with this all their life.

Very disappointing to see people who should be with them, turn their back on them.
Take your disappointment and ram it.

So an anti-racism gesture that angers racists is a PR fail? What planet are you living on?
So all rangers fans booing are racist?

Are they stupid racists because all the show racism the red card stuff must have went right over their heads.

Everyone talking about people booing and the gesture rather than the actual aims of the gesture is the pr fail genius.

Connor Goldson has told you it isn't anything to do with the BLM organisation. Do you think he's a liar?

BLM actually 'stole' the knee from previous protesters
Goldson also said taking the knee achieved nothing and the players stopped doing it after the Slavia game.

I wonder why they’ve changed their minds and who decided they’d take the knee again.

anyone booing this gesture from the players should give up their season tickets, stay at home and boo their tele because to put it kindly they are absolute morons.

The point of the kneeling gesture is to maintain awareness around the issue as long as it lasts.

I'd say the fact it is clearly still maintaining a high profile and generating diiscussion around the topic suggests it is achieving that at least.
Are people talking about actual issues or debating whether people should boo and if they are racist for doing so?

What has it achieved? Nothing. It's an empty gesture

I think the majority of Rangers fans and posters on this forum would agree that taking the knee should be binned. But anybody who disagrees with it are “racists” and will keep quiet :rolleyes:
The players (you know the ones who are actually the victims of racist abuse) don't agree it should be binned. It really doesn't matter what FF posters think.

It's a pretty poor interpretation of the words to be honest, the behavior of some fans isn't going to change because every few weeks a few lads end up kicking the shit out of each other.

The context of the chat you have quoted was self-policing, it's a shit way to fix a problem in a football support.
Not one person on here has said they're going to boo, so I dont see the point of all the abuse flying about.

Your opportunity will come if your at the game, then you have the chance to confront them. Pointless going on about it to everyone on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back