Taking the knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mentioned systematic change.

I asked if you were implying the UK was systematically racist.

You seemed confused at where id got that from.

I've been trying to show you where I got it from.

My opinion is the UK is one of the least racist countries in the world. The demand for racism far outstrips the supply. Thats not to say attitudes of some people don't need changing and all this should be dropped, but the last thing the campaign needs is a divisive gesture.
We went over this about half an hour ago mate. I said nothing about the UK being systemiclly racist... you just want to take things and chuck a thing on, and hurl another bit here, and we will stick a couple of tentacles on a horse, and we will give a giraffe 3 tits, it is actually pretty simple, just read what I actually say not what you think I have said or want to read

The gesture isn't that divisive to the majority, and it isn't if people bother to read and listen to the players who have explained why they do it. I would expect the players are sick fed up telling people why they do it now.

Again, some people just can't be educated, change now would simply be seen as pandering to those who boo, it likely isn't going to happen because change now would really just be seen as defeating the entire purpose of the exercise.

Given that the gesture is internationally accepted as being for equality and against racism, and our vice captain has publicly said it is not about politics, why should Rangers change it because Jimmy from Pollok got told it was a Marxist conspiracy.

Maybe those folk who can't discern the difference are the problem here, not the gesture.

Maybe the pasty folk on here - who are telling our black players how to protest in a way that is acceptable to them rather than being offensive to the white moron who doesn't take in what has been told to them repeatedly - should take a long hard look at themselves and either shut up or go elsewhere.
"Pasty folk"
"White moron"

You sound like a mental health professional, honestly.

So when you're not helping people, maybe you could research the same stuff as Jimmy from pollok who might have read the BLM website?

You know that organisation who had their name emblazoned on EPL players shirts for months and is still on SSN.

It's an amazing coincidence they chose the exact same name and gesture as this organisation.

Perhaps they then realised the organisation wasn't what they thought and it was toxic?

Perhaps the sensible thing would be to cut all ties and ensure you're not associated with the toxic brand?

What would I know though, I'm just a pasty, white moron.

Away and howl from the centre circle or throw someone in the clyde. Well, you can at least try it.

Crank.

nae-bother-mate.jpg

Given that the gesture is internationally accepted as being for equality and against racism, and our vice captain has publicly said it is not about politics, why should Rangers change it because Jimmy from Pollok got told it was a Marxist conspiracy.

Maybe those folk who can't discern the difference are the problem here, not the gesture.

Maybe the pasty folk on here - who are telling our black players how to protest in a way that is acceptable to them rather than being offensive to the white moron who doesn't take in what has been told to them repeatedly - should take a long hard look at themselves and either shut up or go elsewhere.
People from pollok getting it now, it was possil earlier. Are you implying that everyone from poorer areas is not capable of having opinions.

We went over this about half an hour ago mate. I said nothing about the UK being systemiclly racist... you just want to take things and chuck a thing on, and hurl another bit here, and we will stick a couple of tentacles on a horse, and we will give a giraffe 3 tits, it is actually pretty simple, just read what I actually say not what you think I have said or want to read

The gesture isn't that divisive to the majority, and it isn't if people bother to read and listen to the players who have explained why they do it. I would expect the players are sick fed up telling people why they do it now.

Again, some people just can't be educated, change now would simply be seen as pandering to those who boo, it likely isn't going to happen because change now would really just be seen as defeating the entire purpose of the exercise.
Seriously mate, all bluster and one-upmanship aside, are you having a breakdown?

You've literally quoted yourself mentioning systematic change in the UK by doing this gesture then in the next breath saying youre not talking about systematic racism?

Isn't the aim of this campaign to affect change? It isn't about beating or not backing down to those who boo. If they gain thousands of allies through changing the gesture wouldn't that be a positive move.

As with everything nowadays it goes ultra tribal and the actual aim gets lost.

Haha no bother mate.

Btw should "mental health professionals" be putting laughing emojis against posts they are concerned about the posters wellbeing? Asking for a friend.....
I didn't say I was concerned about your wellbeing. I said you were a crackpot who should step back, have a lie down, a can of juice and a wank and maybe gain some perspective.

So yes, laughing is entirely appropriate

Seriously mate, all bluster and one-upmanship aside, are you having a breakdown?

You've literally quoted yourself mentioning systematic change in the UK by doing this gesture then in the next breath saying youre not talking about systematic racism?

Isn't the aim of this campaign to affect change? It isn't about beating or not backing down to those who boo. If they gain thousands of allies through changing the gesture wouldn't that be a positive move.

As with everything nowadays it goes ultra tribal and the actual aim gets lost.

You realize systematic change isn't exclusive to racism though don't you? I mean you MUST know that, when someone in a business talks about a need for a systematic change, they aren't solely talking about racism mate, look up the meaning and come back then try and read through this all again

RE your "as with everything point" - so by your admission changing the current process is a bit daft, because the aim is only ever going to go ultra tribal and the actual aim will get lost, so by your omission what difference does it make if the players take a knee, link arms or carry a card. NONE.., so on that premise best the players act on what they feel is right rather than what you do given you have basically said you could never make a difference to anything which shows in your want to change this movement.

It takes balls, time and courage of conviction for change, not simply pandering to those who think nothing will change

Last edited:
Your not as smart as you think you are. I never posted I was supporting england. Somehow you've changed that to contradicting myself to justify your racism.
You’re*

I don’t think I’m any smarter than the average person. But you were greeting like a wean at anyone not backing England at the Euros, you are talking utter bollocks on this thread, and you have just contradicted yourself in spectacular fashion.

I didn't say I was concerned about your wellbeing. I said you were a crackpot who should step back, have a lie down, a can of juice and a wank and maybe gain some perspective.

So yes, laughing is entirely appropriate
Ah ok, I'm afraid I will continue to doubt your credentials. Thanks all the same

Thats because its fairly obvious to anyone with a functioning brain, so im not going to sit and explain to those among us less gifted in that department how the club being publicly crucified and the support painted as racist neanderthals is a worse PR disaster than a handful of selfish knobs in the crowd getting angry at the players for political reasons is.
So, you think you’re oh so clever then?
Typical mantra of the leftie, chattering class.
“I’m more intelligent than you”.
Seldom does it pan out that way though.

You’re*

I don’t think I’m any smarter than the average person. But you were greeting like a wean at anyone not backing England at the Euros, you are talking utter bollocks on this thread, and you have just contradicted yourself in spectacular fashion.
Bang on the button scaramanga appears and Bowery boy will be along in the next minute.
They can’t think for themselves.

So, you think you’re oh so clever then?
Typical mantra of the leftie, chattering class.
“I’m more intelligent than you”.
Seldom does it pan out that way though.
Yes i think im smarter than people who are saying its a better look in the media to boo our own black players than to sit and be quiet for 5 seconds, in the same way that i think im smarter than a 10 month old child that faceplants into a bowl of porridge in the morning B-D

and if you think im some hardcore lefty chattering class nonce then you clearly dont read the lounge that often :cool:

I sincerely mean it when I, as a mental health professional, say this to you: you are a crackpot mate.

Seriously go have a lie down, a can of juice and a wank and see if you can gain some perspective.
A person with your knowledge and experience should know better than to call somebody such a name.
What would your boss say to that?

Your the one looking down on people from poorer areas. So that's looking for a fight is it?
I mentioned Pollok in a post because it was an area close to Ibrox with a high percentage of Rangers fans.

How is that looking down on people from poorer areas? I would edit it to Bearsden or Milngavie but that just proves the point of many posts - it's not up to you to tell someone else how they can illustrate a point. It doesn't matter what values you ascribe to it, it's what their intent is.

Thanks for doing that though. Thread over.

Bang on the button and Bowery boy will be along in the next minute.

What exactly is your issue? That we’re not queueing up to take individual turns at callIng this nonsense out for what it is? Is there some sort of board policy I’ve missed where only one person per thread is allowed to tell you what they think of your viewpoint? Or is it just that you feel those opposing the players aren’t giving you enough backing and you feel you’re fighting that corner on your own?

Either way, neither you nor your mates have made even one convincing argument for why fans are justified in booing their own players.

Yes i think im smarter than people who are saying its a better look in the media to boo our own black players than to sit and be quiet for 5 seconds, in the same way that i think im smarter than a 10 month old child that faceplants into a bowl of porridge in the morning B-D
Are you suggesting those boo-ing are boo-ing the players as opposed to the gesture?

Don’t flatter yourself mate.Peole ain’t booing the black players the are booing the gesture.
I wish they wouldn’t boo .But it’s up to them as it’s a personal choice.
Are you suggesting those boo-ing are boo-ing the players as opposed to the gesture?

Seeing as how some mentalists have linked the knee to a Nazi salute, ill turn that on its head - If I did a Nazi salute in the centre circle would it be me getting booed or the salute getting booed?

You realize systematic change isn't exclusive to racism though don't you? I mean you MUST know that, when someone in a business talks about a need for a systematic change, they aren't solely talking about racism mate, look up the meaning and come back then try and read through this all again

RE your "as with everything point" - so by your admission changing the current process is a bit daft, because the aim is only ever going to go ultra tribal and the actual aim will get lost, so by your omission what difference does it make if the players take a knee, link arms or carry a card. NONE.., so on that premise best the players act on what they feel is right rather than what you do given you have basically said you could never make a difference to anything which shows in your want to change this movement.

It takes balls, time and courage of conviction for change, not simply pandering to those who think nothing will change
Systematic change in a thread about BLM/taking the knee?

No your right, I have no IDEA how I jumped the conclusion you were on about systematic racism. It's perfectly obvious you were talking about a completely different, previously unmentioned subject.

You’re*

I'll admit gladly I can talk bollocks on this forum, but for you to accuse people of talking bollocks is up there with the best of them.

You have a rangers, celtic rivalry thing going on with england, I dont and never have. That's not greeting about it, that's my own feelings of the situation. I do know that I never said I was supporting england, but you seemed to mix this up with me not bothering with who won it. I said italy thoroughly deserved it, as any neutral fan would surely acknowledge. If that makes me an england fan in your eyes, so be it.

I will fill you in mate what will happen .
You will have Bowery Boy and Scaramanga all having a pile on.
Throwing personal insults at you as they are unable to debate with you.
Haha yeah pretty accurate so far.

I've even had a couple of "who do you think you are being new on FF and having an opinion" (paraphrasing)

Bang on the button scaramanga appears and Bowery boy will be along in the next minute.
Nobody piled in on you. You've been fantasising about being bullied all day, and having things rammed down your throat. It's bloody weird. If you post up shite opinions, people will challenge them. Although I think it's abundantly clear now that you're little more than a WUM who probably won't last too much longer on here.

I really don't care tbh mate. Crack on though.

Is the casual racism you display part of the training too btw?
Show me the casual racism? Referring to us as pasty? I look at my arm just now and I make goths look like Jimmy Calderwood.

Saying its not for white folk to tell black people how to protest?

Aye, very racist.

Systematic change in a thread about BLM/taking the knee?

No your right, I have no IDEA how I jumped the conclusion you were on about systematic racism. It's perfectly obvious you were talking about a completely different, previously unmentioned subject.

Again, I have said this already - read what I say, not what you think I have said, or want me to have said, just the words I type, it is pretty simple.

The movement isn't solely to do with BLM, players have said this numerous times, it is applicable to equality, inclusivity and racial injustice, not solely "racism within the UK" it is much, much wider than solely the UK, it is a global game now, we have players who play outside the UK, we have games shown outside the UK

You seem to think the players do it solely for the UK audience as you only ever refer back to the UK- they don't just get shown in the UK, the players in the EPL and our squad, come from all walks of life around the world. They play in leagues and tournaments broadcast all around the world, they aren't just aiming their actions at a UK audience, there is and are issues with racism in other locations, so the whole issue of the UK and the UK alone you bring up, to me is just you trying to chuck more posts onto a football pitch to try and move your goalposts of justification.

When they earn the platform they have, they do earn a right to try and effect change in their OWN country as well that which they play, the club are trying to support them in that, most of our fans are.

Show me the casual racism? Referring to us as pasty? I look at my arm just now and I make goths look like Jimmy Calderwood.

Saying its not for white folk to tell black people how to protest?

Aye, very racist.
"White moron"

Nope, nothing racist at all there.

Ah you're going with the I'm really white too so it's alright to generalise a group of people based on their race.

Backtracking has commenced.

If Connor Goldson, Glen Kamara, Calvin Bassey, Kemar Roofe, Alfredo Morelos, Fashion Sakala, James Tavernier, Jermaine Defoe, Joe
Aribo and Leon Balogun feel the need to continue to take the knee due to the daily racial abuse they face then we should support them 100%, if you don’t like it just sit down and shut up, it’s that simple.
And what does taking the knee mean? What has it achieved?

They haven’t an argument and the personal insults will flow.
The argument is that it is completely wrong to boo Rangers players. I know you’ve stated you wouldn’t do it however IIRC you also said you think people have a right to boo. If that’s your opinion then you must think it applies to every situation, including minute silences. In my opinion though, it is completely and utterly disrespectful.

As I said to another poster earlier, just because people have a right to free speech does not mean they absolutely must exercise that right. There is absolutely nothing positive whatsoever that can come from anyone booing our players over this. There is not even an argument there, because we as a club and as a support would be crucified for it.

Anyone that disagrees with the gesture can surely stay silent for all of five seconds and then get on with the game. If the Rangers board and Steven Gerrard can throw their entire support behind our black players, no ifs or buts, then the fans can do the same.

"White moron"

Nope, nothing racist at all there.

Ah you're going with the I'm really white too so it's alright to generalise a group of people based on their race.

Backtracking has commenced.
No backtracking whatsoever.

A bunch of white people continually telling black folk that they should only protest in a way that is acceptable to them are pretty fucking stupid. Hence morons.

It is not a good look.

But you keep trying to find offence that doesn't exist.

In a game where mindset is everything, why would anyone want to potentially risk annoying/upsetting their own players before kick off because they can't put aside their opinions/prejudices for 10 seconds?

Do you really think our black players won't lose focus when their own fans are booing them from the stands regardless of your flimsy reasoning why you simply must make your displeasure known?

If you choose to boo our players before they have even kicked a ball, you really aren't a real Rangers "supporter" are you?

And what does taking the knee mean? What has it achieved?
What does it matter? The players want to do it and only need to be given a tiny bit of respect for a span of about 5 seconds. There shouldn’t even be any need for any discussion beyond this, just give them the respect they deserve and let them gesture against something that any decent person should surely also oppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back