How far behind are they?

This is far from proven yet...
I hope you are right and Angie is a misfit/disaster/lightweight but at gut level I think he is a serious professional who will at least do the basics right. That said we can dream...
2-F744-CBA-9943-4241-8-F4-E-189-DA112-A432.jpg

They may be able to find players that can bring them up a level

But from experience we know new players still need to adjust to a new country and new system

Secondly those players are then one injury / suspension (as if) away from being back to square one in that position

By the time they figure it out we could be long gone and their confidence in themsleves and angina could be shot

I think their problems are bigger than getting a few quality players in right now. IF I was mentally challenged enough to support them I would be in panic mode right now

The odds of it coming together quickly for them are slim

The odds of them being one bad result away from protests are good

I can’t see Gerrard taking anything for granted until it’s one more game away from being mathematically impossible :D

No matter what happens over there I’m just buzzing to watch Rangers play every game!!!!

Our recovery started to gather pace when Mark Allen came on board. He started to build the infrastructure around the club that allowed us to be smarter at player recruitment and have a plan to get where we wanted to be. We started to buy [layers based on data analysis and how they would fit into the team. We had multiple targets for positions that were well researched, while leaving a bit of flexibility to react to circumstance when that was needed.

Then Gerrard came in and then Ross Wilson. We have to remember the time all this took. Not a quick process. They have no system in place for player recruitment, so they are still buying based on god knows what information. That is going to have a much higher failure rate and mean the process of rebuilding will take longer. Their recruitment in the last 2 seasons has been poor, last season disastrous. They have used the loan system extensively, that is one way to make progress, but you are only ever developing other teams players and they get the value you add. that is one of the reasons they have such a short squad today, too many loans. I feel they will add two or three loan signings this window and gain that isn't cheap and isn't progressing long term plans.

They also need to set out their youth set up. McGregor remains the only consistent youth team product in their squad. Like us a better return is needed that requires overhaul. their backroom staff and training team are the same as what delivered the results they had last year. that needs changed.

Point here is the team on the pitch is one part of the jigsaw. They need to fix all the parts at the same time. That is not a one season task. This is a huge mess they have to sort out. Not just signing a few players.

They look miles behind but I'm not taking anything for granted as of yet.

Things are never as good or bad as they seem in football.

2 or 3 good signings can transform a struggling team.

However as long as we have ourselves ready and prepared this season then I'm confident we'll be successfull again.

I think a lot depends on how much they want to invest. Don't believe the inflated transfer fees being touted about, and at a Max there are getting 5 million Europa league money this season.

They now need to do what we did and dig into their own pockets, which is a complete illustration of miss management based on where they were.

We need to learn from that and not do the same

How do you work that out?
And how do you manage to work it into this thread?
Madness.
Bookmark it.

We are miles ahead of them on the park but mark my words the biggest PR shitshow in our history is heading our way and in the context of this thread could level the playing field.

But from experience we know new players still need to adjust to a new country and new system

Secondly those players are then one injury / suspension (as if) away from being back to square one in that position

By the time they figure it out we could be long gone and their confidence in themsleves and angina could be shot

I think their problems are bigger than getting a few quality players in right now. IF I was mentally challenged enough to support them I would be in panic mode right now

I can’t see Gerrard taking anything for granted until it’s one more game away from being mathematically impossible :D

No matter what happens over there I’m just buzzing to watch Rangers play every game!!!!
It’s all very well them adding greater quality, but there’s still the glaring question of whether the new goon in the trackie has the necessary chops to gel the whole thing together and get them all playing as a cohesive unit again.

Nothing in the guy’s CV will have prepared him for this gig and already you can see he’s very prickly at the inference last night represents a disastrous start for him.

We’ve seen first hand what happens when an unknown coach rolls up without any track record to speak of and tries to convince a sceptical squad of players that he’s someone they should put their careers behind.

I don’t think it’s ridiculous to suggest that failure to win this weekend could see that group of players already thinking about life after Ange.

Bookmark it.

We are miles ahead of them on the park but mark my words the biggest PR shitshow in our history is heading our way and in the context of this thread could level the playing field.
I will, it's madness.

Thousands will be cheering our players into Ibrox 4 hours before kick off this weekend.
Our players will be well aware what issues fans do or don't have. And in how high a regard they are held, regardless of any differing views on the knee issue. Our players know we support their anti-racism initiative, even if a lot don't like how they do it, and a few morons embarrass themselves.
And with all that said, if 2 or 3 players are so ignorant that they can't work it out, 20 million into the books is more than enough for replacements.
So the whole line of thinking is totally bizzare, and well left of field.

Oh, and the first part of your premonition won't even play out, for my scenario to even need to play out.

I will, it's madness.

Thousands will be cheering our players into Ibrox 4 hours before kick off this weekend.
Our players will be well aware what issues fans do or don't have. And in how high a regard they are held, regardless of any differing views on the knee issue. Our players know we support their anti-racism initiative, even if a lot don't like how they do it, and a few morons embarrass themselves.
And with all that said, if 2 or 3 players are so ignorant that they can't work it out, 20 million into the books is more than enough for replacements.
So the whole line of thinking is totally bizzare, and well left of field.

Oh, and the first part of your premonition won't even play out, for my scenario to even need to play out.
I really, really hope you are right.

Bookmark it.

The biggest PR shitshow in our history is heading our way and its going to level the playing field?

I've read some shit on FF over the years but that's right up with the biggest pile I've seen.

They look miles behind but I'm not taking anything for granted as of yet.

Things are never as good or bad as they seem in football.

2 or 3 good signings can transform a struggling team.

However as long as we have ourselves ready and prepared this season then I'm confident we'll be successfull again.
2 or 3 good signings per window for three years is what they need mate there miles off the standard we are at now miles and miles off it

If Hearts beat them,I think the protests will start at their first home game.

Just thinking there, how far behind do you think they are? I reckon they’re where we were about 2 years ago, NOW!
So where will they be at the end of the season when they need 13 players? Where we were 3/4 years ago?
it’s Gona take more than 1 or 2 transfer windows to even get up to a par IMHO!
1. tgey can’t afford it.
2. Loads of new personnel behind the scenes.
3. New manager.
4. Time for players to settle and gel
5. They’re only looking at doing it half arsed because they’ll probably keep the back room staff.
There are more reasons but I think they’re in for a massive shock.
Hopefully we keep going and kick on again next season.
They have,Christie, McGregor, an unfit Turnbull,and a want away Eddie,the rest is dross, our pool is far stronger in all departments. I'm on the 56 train.choo choo.

They have a very wealthy owner. I'd expect DD to dip into his own pocket to bail them out. But he hasn't so far.
I’d like to bet DD has taken far more out of celtc than he’s put in and I don’t see that changing anytime soon.
I can see him bailing out in the near future as the gravy train grinds to a halt and the 56 express goes hurtling past.

Just thinking there, how far behind do you think they are? I reckon they’re where we were about 2 years ago, NOW!
So where will they be at the end of the season when they need 13 players? Where we were 3/4 years ago?
it’s Gona take more than 1 or 2 transfer windows to even get up to a par IMHO!
1. tgey can’t afford it.
2. Loads of new personnel behind the scenes.
3. New manager.
4. Time for players to settle and gel
5. They’re only looking at doing it half arsed because they’ll probably keep the back room staff.
There are more reasons but I think they’re in for a massive shock.
Hopefully we keep going and kick on again next season.
3 or 4 years ago we were told we were a decade and 100m away from them. We haven't spent 100m and it's not been a decade. We need to not be complacent, ensure money is spent wisely even if/when it comes in abundance from the CL. Never take success for granted.

I’d like to bet DD has taken far more out of celtc than he’s put in and I don’t see that changing anytime soon.
I can see him bailing out in the near future as the gravy train grinds to a halt and the 56 express goes hurtling past.
DD like all rich business men doesnt like to waste money as much as he doesnt like to see his investments looking bad.

Hes smart enough to realise that the situation was a shambles than has now graduated into an omni-shambles which means its going to require a lot of money to fix.

The question is then, does he dislike seeing Celtic a mess enough to spend a tonne of money to fix it, with no guarantee given how good Rangers are under Gerrard.

As long as other teams in the SPFL are still beaten before a ball is kicked when they play that mob, it'll be the same struggle as normal for us next season. As bad as they are portrayed, they won't lose many games until the end of the this season.
I think last season was the end of that. There is blood in the water at Sharkheid. They won't be getting as many easy rides for a while.

we need to keep the foot to the floor ,anyone who thinks this lot ain't coming back is no telling the truth ...what is it they say about a wound animal...but as many have said its about what we do and not them ...welcome the chase

As long as other teams in the SPFL are still beaten before a ball is kicked when they play that mob, it'll be the same struggle as normal for us next season. As bad as they are portrayed, they won't lose many games until the end of the this season.
I’m confused by this.

They dropped points in 16 games last season. Nearly half.

I don’t think any SPFL side are ‘beaten before a ball is kicked’ against them anymore. Quite the opposite actually. They’ll all fancy their chances as they did last year.

Do you know something we don’t?

if so tell us or is this a look at me post?
I take it he is assuming there will be widespread booing of our players taking the knee on Saturday due to a few imbeciles doing it at the Real Madrid game.

The same type of bangers you only see at pre-season friendlies and European games, stoating about out their box looking for a seat that they will eventually vacate before the second half starts.

Hopefully we don't see or hear a repeat of it this week despite it being fairly low key on Sunday, and the press that have actually paid their 25 bags to get in have nothing to attack the club with.

That's complete horse shit, no offence to you.

They had a 90 million wage bill during Brendans time.
What is it? 4 years expecting CL money and they haven't got any?

They have lost £120 million the last 4 years.
Transfer fees haven't covered that.
They owed about 50 million to banks before that.

They are skint.
They are in a worse nick than we were, we were rock bottom without a squad, they have a squad full of expensive flops and need to downside while increasing quality in the squad. they need a benefactor AND to downside further.

Fritzel has decided he has no intention to fund them any more.
They are in a bad place.
I'm not going to waste time going through their old accounts but from what I recall they lost money last year but they still had cash reserves going into 2020/2021. Their sales had exactly funded their operating losses until that point in the seasons they missed out on CL. You're dreaming if you think they've lost £120M.

I presume they lost money in the year gone by when they bought without balancing the books for the first time but they probably recouped at least some of that selling Frimpong and the Polish dud striker. All in they'll probably have a loss in line with ours.

All their biggest earners are off (or about to come off) the books and they have pulled in a significant fee for Ajer whilst we haven't sold and our wages keep increasing. Their wage bill is probably not significantly more than ours now with a similar potential revenue stream (until last night).

Spending so far has probably consumed most of the Ajer fee but I'd be very surprised if they have a negative balance sheet overall beyond the exceptional circumstances of covid because Desmond isn't a benefactor, he expects to make money from them each year as you say. He has never funded them - he takes a dividend each year out of the club.

They've spent something like £12M more than us this season in transfer fees but our signings look ready to contribute to our season and theirs were watching on tv as they got dumped out last night. If they bank £20M for Eduard and Christie that money should also be available to them. It isn't cash they are short of in Scottish terms, it's the ability to competently spend it and indecision as they haggle over pennies. If they had appointed a manager or DOF with time and a good knowledge of the market they'd have had ample opportunity to turn things around by pressing the reset button - much as Advocaat did (albeit on a much bigger budget).

To suggest they are worse off than we were in the bottom division with no players is just nonsensical.

They have a shit squad.
If they make some signings and they all turn out miraculously well, they will still have a squad with no depth.

Their manager is a big hairy diddy.

I’m really interested to see how this season pans out. League title is simply a must.

Right now we have the settled team and squad. That’s a real advantage.

we need to keep the foot to the floor ,anyone who thinks this lot ain't coming back is no telling the truth ...what is it they say about a wound animal...but as many have said its about what we do and not them ...welcome the chase
That it will slink away, whimpering and die painfully in a corner.

Well, that's the scenario I'm hoping for Paedo FC

I hope you are right and Angie is a misfit/disaster/lightweight but at gut level I think he is a serious professional who will at least do the basics right. That said we can dream...
2-F744-CBA-9943-4241-8-F4-E-189-DA112-A432.jpg
So its just a blind stab in the dark then

What I've seen in Scotland so far, he's not very good.

Poor in the transfer market
Not a leader to inspire confidence going on interviews thus far
A poor tactician based on the clusterfcuk v a very poor Midgies
Cant organise a defence

Early tangible signs are he is no great manager

Better than a random gut feeling

Our recovery started to gather pace when Mark Allen came on board. He started to build the infrastructure around the club that allowed us to be smarter at player recruitment and have a plan to get where we wanted to be. We started to buy [layers based on data analysis and how they would fit into the team. We had multiple targets for positions that were well researched, while leaving a bit of flexibility to react to circumstance when that was needed.

Then Gerrard came in and then Ross Wilson. We have to remember the time all this took. Not a quick process. They have no system in place for player recruitment, so they are still buying based on god knows what information. That is going to have a much higher failure rate and mean the process of rebuilding will take longer. Their recruitment in the last 2 seasons has been poor, last season disastrous. They have used the loan system extensively, that is one way to make progress, but you are only ever developing other teams players and they get the value you add. that is one of the reasons they have such a short squad today, too many loans. I feel they will add two or three loan signings this window and gain that isn't cheap and isn't progressing long term plans.

They also need to set out their youth set up. McGregor remains the only consistent youth team product in their squad. Like us a better return is needed that requires overhaul. their backroom staff and training team are the same as what delivered the results they had last year. that needs changed.

Point here is the team on the pitch is one part of the jigsaw. They need to fix all the parts at the same time. That is not a one season task. This is a huge mess they have to sort out. Not just signing a few players.
Na, just need a keeper and a striker and the clubs are basically the same. Toss of a coin to decide the league essentially. Celtic are ironed on to take 102 points from the 34 games from the also rans so we need to hope we can edge the old firms some how.

Why do people persist in this lie

When was the title last won only on the old firms

I know we have ridiculous panic merchants here, but look at their club, look at the way they play.

This post is no better than the lunatic from their forum predicting a treble and Europe after Xmas. There is no tangible evidence to support what you have said.

Again its

Collect underpants
?
Win the league

There needs to be some actual evidence for Celtic being only the old firm result away from us than "just because".

You honestly think they only need a keeper and a striker or 2 and they'll match our points haul in the other 34 games? Have you watched any football in the past 2 decades?
Not sure how you took all that from my post. I said we'd win this year and probably next before they catch up.

If you think we're in for a ten year unchallenged stint then your suffering the same delusion the Tim's had.

We'll probably not match our points total from last year, I don't think any team has went unbeaten twice in a row.

A quality keeper will save them a good few points, a couple of strikers will get them extra points and if they get a more confident organised defence then it could be close. I don't think that'll happen in a year.

I've only been watching football for the 5 decades so maybe not as experienced as you at predicting the future.

It is obvious when you think about but actually hearing Heart and Hand saying allowed they have lost out on 150 million worth of revenue with their failure in the CL is pretty incredible.

When do they move to the EPL because they have out grown the league?

Things can change quickly but I think they need a competent manager and they don't have it in big Ange.

His career win percentage is 50 percent. I am confident they ain't winning a league until they replace that guy with someone competent.

One Place Below us at worst !

Despite their failings the best of the rest just aren't !

we MUST be aware of the very Hubris we call them out on biting us on the ass !

They need 5 things to align for them:

1. A high quality coach/manager
2. Outstanding player recruitment
3. Serious money to allow them to clear out the dross they have and replace them with, well, Rangers-standard players
4. A back room operation (scouting, training, nutrition, wellbeing, tactics etc) equivalent to ours
5. Luck in getting all of the above.

Arguably they also need Rangers to make unforced errors and be as arrogant and stupid as Fritzl and Liewell are/were.

That is a big ask.

Last edited:
Not sure how you took all that from my post. I said we'd win this year and probably next before they catch up.

If you think we're in for a ten year unchallenged stint then your suffering the same delusion the Tim's had.

We'll probably not match our points total from last year, I don't think any team has went unbeaten twice in a row.

A quality keeper will save them a good few points, a couple of strikers will get them extra points and if they get a more confident organised defence then it could be close. I don't think that'll happen in a year.

I've only been watching football for the 5 decades so maybe not as experienced as you at predicting the future.
FHFB: “then it's down to 4 old firms for the title, if they win one and draw one it'll be neck and neck.”

Nonsense.

There is a false narrative on here the 2 Old Firm teams get essentially the same points from the other 34 games and the league is decided only on the old firms. You repeated this “fact”. It’s false.

Bookmark it.

You have my full attention mate. You'll need to elaborate on this one.

Bookmark it.

Timmy AllyDawson not even hiding these days.
Enjoy 3rd/4th place scum
Our second X1 could win the lge so losing 2 players is NOTHING!
go forth and multiply

Bookmark it.

That feels like a bit of an over reaction. Yes, it won't make great reading if idiots boo, but biggest PR shitshow in our history?

I'm not going to waste time going through their old accounts but from what I recall they lost money last year but they still had cash reserves going into 2020/2021. Their sales had exactly funded their operating losses until that point in the seasons they missed out on CL. You're dreaming if you think they've lost £120M.

I presume they lost money in the year gone by when they bought without balancing the books for the first time but they probably recouped at least some of that selling Frimpong and the Polish dud striker. All in they'll probably have a loss in line with ours.

All their biggest earners are off (or about to come off) the books and they have pulled in a significant fee for Ajer whilst we haven't sold and our wages keep increasing. Their wage bill is probably not significantly more than ours now with a similar potential revenue stream (until last night).

Spending so far has probably consumed most of the Ajer fee but I'd be very surprised if they have a negative balance sheet overall beyond the exceptional circumstances of covid because Desmond isn't a benefactor, he expects to make money from them each year as you say. He has never funded them - he takes a dividend each year out of the club.

They've spent something like £12M more than us this season in transfer fees but our signings look ready to contribute to our season and theirs were watching on tv as they got dumped out last night. If they bank £20M for Eduard and Christie that money should also be available to them. It isn't cash they are short of in Scottish terms, it's the ability to competently spend it and indecision as they haggle over pennies. If they had appointed a manager or DOF with time and a good knowledge of the market they'd have had ample opportunity to turn things around by pressing the reset button - much as Advocaat did (albeit on a much bigger budget).

To suggest they are worse off than we were in the bottom division with no players is just nonsensical.
No one said that.

Then, you talk of cash in the bank, fail to mention not far off 50 million in long term debt.
Talk a lot about what they might bank.
They project for 30 million from CL every year or at least did and haven't had it for 4 years, thats a 120 million whole in their accounts however you dress it up.

The season hasn't started.
The Filth are behind no one, never mind behind us.
Nothing is won with a big mouth.
For Rangers, it is a matter of speaking quietly and making sure that in the coming games we carry the biggest fckn stick going.
Only after we have battered fck out of this league should we begin to talk about other clubs being behind us.

FHFB: “then it's down to 4 old firms for the title, if they win one and draw one it'll be neck and neck.”

Nonsense.

There is a false narrative on here the 2 Old Firm teams get essentially the same points from the other 34 games and the league is decided only on the old firms. You repeated this “fact”. It’s false.
I said we'd win the league this year and probably next. But I'm not deluded or naive enough to think they won't strength or catch up.

On the back of that you've called me a panic merchant and no better than a lunatic tim because I think winning old firms is an important step to winning titles. Haha mentalism.

The poor level of the Scottish league means any blips for Rangers and Celtic (now we are both financially similar) won’t be long-term, as a core of 4/5 quality players and you can start to mount some semblance of a challenge. Celtic will improve from last season however it’ll take 4 transfer windows before they (the support) can expect to win the league; that’s not me writing them off, it is football anything can happen, but my view looking at it as neutral as I can.

Back