Taking the knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I handed you you’re Backside on a plate earlier. When you said that No pope of Rome had not been sung at Ibrox for over twenty years.
Proving that you haven’t a clue what’s going on.

Here’s a small reminder 1 minute 10 Seconds.

In all my years on FF i dont think ive ever seen someone cling onto such a small "win" as the one you keep posting about with this video :))

In a game where mindset is everything, why would anyone want to potentially risk annoying/upsetting their own players before kick off because they can't put aside their opinions/prejudices for 10 seconds?

Do you really think our black players won't lose focus when their own fans are booing them from the stands regardless of your flimsy reasoning why you simply must make your displeasure known?

If you choose to boo our players before they have even kicked a ball, you really aren't a real Rangers "supporter" are you?
We’re also in the process of trying to convince guys like Goldson and Kamara to pledge their futures to the club, and we’ve got fans thinking it’s fair game to boo them for something which is clearly very close to their hearts.

I handed you you’re Backside on a plate earlier. When you said that No pope of Rome had not been sung at Ibrox for over twenty years.
Proving that you haven’t a clue what’s going on.

Here’s a small reminder 1 minute 10 Seconds.

Brilliant. You posted a clip of a section of the crowd singing a song for 10 seconds that is quickly drowned out. Now I appreciate you are painfully dim, so I hope this sinks in this time but I won't bet on it.

Whether you, I or anyone else thinks those songs should or shouldn't be sung at Ibrox is irrelevant (that means it doesn't matter). RANGERS have explicitly stated they don't want the songs sung in the ground. RANGERS have stated they will ban people who keep doing it.

Get it?

I don’t know what planet you are on . But that’s the biggest load of pish .

1/ I don’t agree with booing the taking off the knee But if others do that is up to them.

2/ I want to see an end to all hate at Ibrox . With songs like No pope of Rome banished.

So if you are going to call out hate . Then be consistent and call out all hate.
Then why are you jumping around the thread high-fiving anyone who wants to defend or absolve those who boo of any wrong doing?

You come off as someone completely unhinged and out of touch with reality.

The argument is that it is completely wrong to boo Rangers players. I know you’ve stated you wouldn’t do it however IIRC you also said you think people have a right to boo. If that’s your opinion then you must think it applies to every situation, including minute silences. In my opinion though, it is completely and utterly disrespectful.

As I said to another poster earlier, just because people have a right to free speech does not mean they absolutely must exercise that right. There is absolutely nothing positive whatsoever that can come from anyone booing our players over this. There is not even an argument there, because we as a club and as a support would be crucified for it.

Anyone that disagrees with the gesture can surely stay silent for all of five seconds and then get on with the game. If the Rangers board and Steven Gerrard can throw their entire support behind our black players, no ifs or buts, then the fans can do the same.
It’s upto individual choice . It doesn’t make you or I a better Rangers supporter because we chose not to boo.
Some of the undertones on here as been bordering on fascism.
Ban them for life, take the season books of them.
In all my years on FF i dont think ive ever seen someone cling onto such a small "win" as the one you keep posting about with this video :))
I’m going to be absolutely relentle55 and never let him forget. He loves a good pile on does him and his chum scaramanga .
Anyway, I love reading your posts on follow follow as you are one of the first guys posts I read.
But I disagree with on this matter . Keep up the good work on the fight against the Nationalists.

Brilliant. You posted a clip of a section of the crowd singing a song for 10 seconds that is quickly drowned out. Now I appreciate you are painfully dim, so I hope this sinks in this time but I won't bet on it.

Whether you, I or anyone else thinks those songs should or shouldn't be sung at Ibrox is irrelevant (that means it doesn't matter). RANGERS have explicitly stated they don't want the songs sung in the ground. RANGERS have stated they will ban people who keep doing it.

Get it?
It wasn’t drowned out the teams came out the tunnel.

Here have another listen.

Then goes on to say he got his wee panties in a bunch cos the media said we were singing anti-Catholic songs in GS. Scooby Doo was less confused.

What he doesn't realise is its because of guys like him we're such an easy target.

It’s upto individual choice . It doesn’t make you or I a better Rangers supporter because we chose not to boo.

I’m going to be absolutely relentle55 and never let him forget. He loves a good pile on does him and his chum scaramanga .
Anyway, I love reading your posts on follow follow as you are one of the first guys posts I read.
But I disagree with on this matter . Keep up the good work on the fight against the Nationalists.
It's not fascism. It's the club applying the terms and conditions of entry to the ground.

Section 8.1 specifically mentions racism.

By booing something that the club and players have said is anti-racism is, by its very nature, implicitly pro-racism.

Again, I have said this already - read what I say, not what you think I have said, or want me to have said, just the words I type, it is pretty simple.

The movement isn't solely to do with BLM, players have said this numerous times, it is applicable to equality, inclusivity and racial injustice, not solely "racism within the UK" it is much, much wider than solely the UK, it is a global game now, we have players who play outside the UK, we have games shown outside the UK

You seem to think the players do it solely for the UK audience as you only ever refer back to the UK- they don't just get shown in the UK, the players in the EPL and our squad, come from all walks of life around the world. They play in leagues and tournaments broadcast all around the world, they aren't just aiming their actions at a UK audience, there is and are issues with racism in other locations, so the whole issue of the UK and the UK alone you bring up, to me is just you trying to chuck more posts onto a football pitch to try and move your goalposts of justification.

When they earn the platform they have, they do earn a right to try and effect change in their OWN country as well that which they play, the club are trying to support them in that, most of our fans are.
Jesus this is getting boring now.

The debate we are having is in the UK. If you are trying to make the arguement that rangers players kneeing is a worldwide gesture to encourage change then you vastly over estimate the abilities Neil Doncaster in negotiating TV deals.

For the last time. I know, the players know and the vast, vast majority of people booing know that they aren't cultural Marxists. The majority of football players don't have a clue about politics or anything intellectual for that matter. Which is part of the problem. It's a completely innocent gesture on their part, but it's not a completely innocent gesture. It is the gesture they adopted from the BLM movement and happily associated with the BLM movement until the more nefarious aspects of the organisation became known. That's fine, they weren't well publicised and it was feasible that most people wouldn't know what they truly stood for. However, once that was established, they should have severed all ties with the organisation, including the gesture of taking the knee. Let's talk about the worldwide audience. The UK has had limited direct violence impact from blm other than what we saw in a few cities, London and Bristol being the most prominent. If you take the US, there have been billions of dollars worth of damage from looting, violence, arson and tens if not hundreds murdered in the name of BLM.

If you and the players can't see why any kind of association with that group, regardless of how innocent, then we're at a standoff. It would take zero effort to change the gesture but we will have to endure weeks/months/years of players and media telling us how they don't stand for what BLM do etc and the cycle will continue. Politicians and media will rub their hands because they can shirk responsibility, provide some soundbites using all the approved buzzwords, condemn the big bad racists for booing and job done.

Last edited:
If you insist on doing something that you absolutely know will damage the club’s reputation but just decide to do it anyway then that’s not being a good Rangers supporter. This could also potentially damage some players’ relationship with sections of the fanbase which again harms the club.

No backtracking whatsoever.

A bunch of white people continually telling black folk that they should only protest in a way that is acceptable to them are pretty fucking stupid. Hence morons.

It is not a good look.

But you keep trying to find offence that doesn't exist.
Backtracking 100%

Why didn't you quote yourself as saying white moron?

How about this summation of you and everyone who shares your mentality of a hierarchy of opinion importance....

Bunch of people who continually tell us they are against racism see racism at every turn and are obsessed by the colour of people's skin. The same people wish to rank importance of opinion based on skin colour. But they think they aren't racist.

That's really not a good look.

Then why are you jumping around the thread high-fiving anyone who wants to defend or absolve those who boo of any wrong doing?

You come off as someone completely unhinged and out of touch with reality.
1/ Because as much as I disagree with booing taking the knee.
It’s up to each individual to make that choice.

2/ I’m sick of people calling people out hate like booing the knee and yet completely turning a blind eye to the singing of the likes of No pope of Rome, F***the pope and the Vatican and Tully’s rosary beads.
The double standards and hypocrisy is breathtaking.
If you calling out those for booing taking the knee . Then call out all hate.

It is, you are right and this is when I stopped reading, because %^*& reading the rest of it.

I have been half trying to be sound to you, but %^*& it, I can't do it anymore, I am out - you are a dunderheid.
Mate you really are thick or you're too stubborn to admit you forgot what you'd quoted hence why we've had this dancing around and wordplay sh*te for about 20 posts.

Mate you really are thick or you're too stubborn to admit you forgot what you'd quoted hence why we've had this dancing around and wordplay sh*te for about 20 posts.

No, I know what I said, I just find you tedious as %^*&, at this stage you will say "but what you really meant is and what you typed wa..."

No, I mean these exact words I just find you tedious as %^*&.

No, I know what I said, I just find you tedious as %^*&, at this stage you will say "but what you really meant is and what you typed wa..."

No, I mean these exact words I just find you tedious as %^*&.
You said the words systematic change in a thread about racism and then are amazed that anyone thought you were on about systematic racism.

I refuse to believe this is anything other than stubbornness

Backtracking 100%

Why didn't you quote yourself as saying white moron?

How about this summation of you and everyone who shares your mentality of a hierarchy of opinion importance....

Bunch of people who continually tell us they are against racism see racism at every turn and are obsessed by the colour of people's skin. The same people wish to rank importance of opinion based on skin colour. But they think they aren't racist.

That's really not a good look.
Because moron is not the implied racism here. Moron is not a race. White is.

Want to try again?

1/ Because as much as I disagree with booing taking the knee.
It’s up to each individual to make that choice.

2/ I’m sick of people calling people out hate like booing the knee and yet completely turning a blind eye to the singing of the likes of No pope of Rome, F***the pope and the Vatican and Tully’s rosary beads.
The double standards and hypocrisy is breathtaking.
If you are call out those for booing taking the knee . Then call out all hate.
It’s been pointed out to you multiple times that there have been countless threads over the years where supporters have expressed their frustration at an element of our support that continue to sing songs that damage Rangers and where the club have pleaded with the support to stop.

Why you repeatedly continue to post a 2 year old video is really bizarre.

Without reading all the posts …. My view is that ‘taking the knee‘ is seen as being inextricably linked with the BLM anti western marxist movement and it’s unfortunate that sports are using this as a symbol against racism - its certainly seen in some quarters as validating the actions of BLM / antifa. On the other hand - if certain sections of the press were to get wind of Rangers fans booing take the knee - you know very well it would not be reported for this reason and would be used to demonize the club.
A far smarter move would be for the support to stand up during the ‘take the knee‘ (maybe with a nice banner “standing against racism” or some such) - be hard for the left wing press to twist ‘standing against racism‘. My 2 cents.

It’s been pointed out to you multiple times that there have been countless threads over the years where supporters have expressed their frustration at an element of our support that continue to sing songs that damage Rangers and where the club have pleaded with the support to stop.

He literally posted a list of users who had condemned singing those songs for saying something about it in this very thread and said "they'll say nothing about it".

In a game where mindset is everything, why would anyone want to potentially risk annoying/upsetting their own players before kick off because they can't put aside their opinions/prejudices for 10 seconds?

Do you really think our black players won't lose focus when their own fans are booing them from the stands regardless of your flimsy reasoning why you simply must make your displeasure known?

If you choose to boo our players before they have even kicked a ball, you really aren't a real Rangers "supporter" are you?
Because they are selfish, pig-headed idiots.

Because Bowery Boy earlier said that the song had not been sung at Ibrox for over twenty years.
The very same Bowery boy who loves dishing it out.
So I told him he was talking absolute nonsense and posted the clip from just over two year ago.

Because moron is not the implied racism here. Moron is not a race. White is.

Want to try again?
Yes, you are attaching an insult to a race. It's racism.

If you'd called me a moron it wouldn't be racist. See how it works?

Presumably you think if someone called a black guy a black B...d it would be fine because the world b...d isn't a race?

Your making an arse of yourself here.

God help your "patients"

Because Bowery Boy earlier said that the song had not been sung at Ibrox for over twenty years.
The very same Bowery boy who loves dishing it out.
So I told him he was talking absolute nonsense and posted the clip from just over two year ago.
Well done. You found a clip of a section of the support singing the first two lines of the song which is then very quickly drowned out. You're clearly very proud of yourself. Now here is the thing, if you're telling me that particular song is regularly sung at Ibrox then it tells me you either don't go or you're at it.

I think you proved your point to that particular poster the first time you posted it. Why you’ve continued to do it over and over again over a period of hours is strange.
I know mate, he was giving me the big one that it had not been sung for over twenty years at Ibrox.
Therefore I took absolute delight in proving him wrong.
I’m now waiting on his daily, weekly posts calling for these songs to stop.
But I won’t hold my breath.

I will go out on a limb and say there will be a few disgruntled sighs on saturday i dont think there will be widespread booing. We hero worship these players and they are smart enough to know some fans dont agree with the symbol but fully support them. One poster said it earlier it will stop Goldson signing a new contract lol Absolute nonsense.

I don’t think I’ve called for a thread to be binned on here, ever, but this monstrosity comes close. I can already see the rhag headlines: “Rangers fans group disgusted by players Marxist philosophy.” Or done shite like that.

No backtracking whatsoever.

A bunch of white people continually telling black folk that they should only protest in a way that is acceptable to them are pretty fucking stupid. Hence morons.

It is not a good look.

But you keep trying to find offence that doesn't exist.
You do realise "a bunch of white" players of ours are also taking the knee it's not exclusive to black people.

What does it matter? The players want to do it and only need to be given a tiny bit of respect for a span of about 5 seconds. There shouldn’t even be any need for any discussion beyond this, just give them the respect they deserve and let them gesture against something that any decent person should surely also oppose.
Has every player said they want to do it?

Has every player said they want to do it?
What does it matter though? What are you getting at here? At least one of our players has very clearly stated that they want to do it and even justified why when they really shouldn’t have had to. It’s beyond ridiculous at this point.

I mean it’s been compared to Nazi Germany, the thread is bonkers and terrifying by in equal measure. mentally challengeds telling Slavia fans to have a listen on Saturday are no doubt doing so after hearing these idiots at our friendlies over the last couple of weeks, and scanning threads like this. We’re nearly 20 pages deep and there’s still not one solid argument for why people should be booing the players.

As someone else said, a portion of our support are actually ready and wiling to load the gun for the scum, the media and all our detractors. It is absolutely ridiculous beyond words. There can’t be too many supports out there so ready and willing to drag their clubs name into the gutter with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back