Picking Matchday Squads

RangersForever55

Gerrard confirmed in his press conference earlier that we are back to squads of 18 domestically. If you assume tomorrow’s starting XI looks like this:

Kent Itten Hagi
Kamara Davis Lundstram
Barisic Helander Goldson Tavernier
McGregor

We then need to pick 7 subs from the following list:

McLaughlin
Firth
McCrorie

Bassey
Balogun
Simpson
Katic
Patterson

Arfield
Jack (when fit)
Aribo
Kelly

Wright
Roofe
Morelos (when available)
Jones
Barker
Defoe

What a problem to have but not envious of the coaching staff having to choose. Our depth is ridiculous.

I'd be shocked if Aribo doesn't start, unless his period of isolation has affected his fitness/sharpness but I think that's unlikely.

I'd be shocked if Aribo doesn't start, unless his period of isolation has affected his fitness/sharpness but I think that's unlikely.
Horses for courses in terms of who starts. He hasn’t played or trained whilst isolating so reckon we might see him from the bench tomorrow.

What's the story in terms of the number of subs that can be used? Is it back to just 3 again? It definitely helped having the extra last season even just to keep players ticking over and happy to get some minutes.

At least 5 of they players won’t get near the matchday squad as they aren’t good enough.

Rarely will we ever have a fully fit and available squad too, so once you trim the deadwood its a normal sized squad.

Back