Club1872 and hospitality

Totally understand why some will be calling for partial refund.

hard to argue with it.

I was pretty gutted when found out £15 voucher couldnt be used on booze:))
A voucher including alcohol would be against the licensing rules of encouraging consumption or be classed as irresponsible promotion of alcohol.

It will be difficult to manage Club72 areas for service for the club. Minimum 1 metre distancing and table service only with no queuing at the bar. Good luck with that from previous experience of waiting times. Numbers would definitely have to be curtailed in the bar area.

Guidance they would have to comply with for those bored - https://www.gov.scot/publications/c...ing-capacity-in-public-settings/pages/events/

I chucked Bar72 last year and went to Govan Rear. I see they are still not treating you any better. :(

So those unsuccessful are given a £15 voucher….
It raises an interesting legal question though. Two people believe they are buying the same product, both paying the same price. This is not a lottery ticket, but an actual defined service. Then the seller decides they can’t deliver so each receive a different service not of the same quality or value based on a ‘secret ballot’. Not sure how that would be arguable in a civil court.

A voucher including alcohol would be against the licensing rules of encouraging consumption or be classed as irresponsible promotion of alcohol.

It will be difficult to manage Club72 areas for service for the club. Minimum 1 metre distancing and table service only with no queuing at the bar. Good luck with that from previous experience of waiting times. Numbers would definitely have to be curtailed in the bar area.

Guidance they would have to comply with for those bored - https://www.gov.scot/publications/c...ing-capacity-in-public-settings/pages/events/

I chucked Bar72 last year and went to Govan Rear. I see they are still not treating you any better. :(

It was a 'food & beverage' voucher that was on offer last season had the same situation arisen.

But interestingly:
‘There’s no ban on the supply of free alcohol in the 2005 Act except in two situations, where: (1) an alcoholic drink is supplied free of charge or at a reduced price on the purchase of one or more drinks (whether or not alcoholic drinks); and (2) the purchase of one or more measures of an alcoholic drink leads to the supply of one or more extra measures free of charge or at a reduced price.’
So technically Club72 could compensate customers by giving them free drinks!

But interestingly:
‘There’s no ban on the supply of free alcohol in the 2005 Act except in two situations, where: (1) an alcoholic drink is supplied free of charge or at a reduced price on the purchase of one or more drinks (whether or not alcoholic drinks); and (2) the purchase of one or more measures of an alcoholic drink leads to the supply of one or more extra measures free of charge or at a reduced price.’
So technically Club72 could compensate customers by giving them free drinks!
I suspect you’ll get drink. They simply can’t advertise the fact.

Got email today happy days. Move to Argyll suite. Anyone know if it’s the usual 2hours before kick off and hour after?

Got email today happy days. Move to Argyll suite. Anyone know if it’s the usual 2hours before kick off and hour after?

a move from club72 to Argyll suite for the game on sat ? There was no mention of that happening in the email sent. It was ballot to get into the bar and that was it

Anyone any idea what time the ballot is for bar access?
No. It’ll obviously come with your ticket email. I’m going for lunchtime.

People are going to be disappointed. Shame, but the world we live in.

My only gripe is that they should have done this by Wednesday latest.

No. It’ll obviously come with your ticket email. I’m going for lunchtime.

People are going to be disappointed. Shame, but the world we live in.

My only gripe is that they should have done this by Wednesday latest.
They said if you’re successful in the ballot, the itinerary will come separate from the ticket email.

Same - go that email, but no mention of bar access, whether yes or no.

Comms are abysmal, they'll get flooded with emails again instead of just making things clear.
“In addition to this, we are delighted to announce that Club 72 (Lounge & Bar) is now open. Due to on-going COVID-19 regulations, unfortunately we are unable to open the facility for all of our Club 72 VIPs so as a result, we will be conducting a ballot and contacting everyone who is successful. Those who are successful will be emailed a separate itinerary, containing full details on where to arrive and what time the facility will be open from.”

“In addition to this, we are delighted to announce that Club 72 (Lounge & Bar) is now open. Due to on-going COVID-19 regulations, unfortunately we are unable to open the facility for all of our Club 72 VIPs so as a result, we will be conducting a ballot and contacting everyone who is successful. Those who are successful will be emailed a separate itinerary, containing full details on where to arrive and what time the facility will be open from.”

That in itself isn’t too clear. I guess if everyone is receiving tickets only currently, those successful in the ballot will receive a second email.

"Those who are successful will be emailed"

Everyone should be emailed, even if unsuccessful. Then we all know what is happening, instead of waiting to see if a second email arrives.

I'm just happy to be going, but they need to improve their comms.

"Those who are successful will be emailed"

Everyone should be emailed, even if unsuccessful. Then we all know what is happening, instead of waiting to see if a second email arrives.

I'm just happy to be going, but they need to improve their comms.
Yeah it wouldn’t be difficult to email the unsuccessful so they know.

Anyone else have a uneasy feeling that maybe Club72 facilities are being used for other displaced Hospitality customers?
I’d like to think we have more integrity than that. Heard nothing to suggest it. It will become pretty obvious if that was the case.

Anyone else have a uneasy feeling that maybe Club72 facilities are being used for other displaced Hospitality customers?
It seems strange that it appears that everyone has had the standard email and no one has popped up with a ‘I’m in the bar’ email. It’s less than 24 hours before the event and nada! How hard is it to pick 50% of Club72 members?

The fact that nobody knows anyone who’s been successful suggests one of two things.

Either Nedged is correct, or they haven’t done it yet.
They havent been sent out yet bud, I posted that a bit earlier.

Just meant that if your not succesfull I dont think you will get an email saying you havent been successful, if that makes sense :)

@The Railway Bear was very complimentary about the service provided at the friendlies.

I even thought “maybe they really have decided to up their game a bit”

Alas, the free caramel shortcake is gone and all that is left is a hastily constructed film flam email and all calls going unanswered yet again :D

The acronym VIP often evokes thoughts of luxury, the velvet rope, exclusivity and some quality treatment.
At Rangers in 2021 it evokes thoughts of the Tenerife ladies of the night promising you the VIP treatment and leaving you tied to a railing whilst they empty your wallet and laugh. So I’ve heard.

Well anyway, it’s probably Covid or that.

The “Impossible to staff the phones, answer an email or actually give a little bit of a tiny fu.ck” variant.

Bar access emails out, nothing for me yet :confused:

Dear Club 72 Member

We are delighted to confirm you have been successful in the ballot for entry into Club 72 Bar for 1 place for tomorrow’s fixtures against Livingston.

Bar will be open from 11.30am tomorrow morning and will close 2 hours after the final whistle.

Enter via the Club 72 entrance (old bar 72 entrance close to Argyle house reception) where you will be required to scan your e-ticket and provide your name to our stewards for entry. Please do not enter via a turnstile.

Please note we are operating at a limited capacity and only those names on the guestlist will be permitted entry to the allocated area.

We look forward to welcoming you to our new Club 72.

Kind Regards

Rangers VIP

Me neither. I had a heated discussion with them last week so I thought it extremely unlikely that I would get access to be fair.

I probably feature quite highly in the 'nuisance stakes' with my constant quest for information, unfortunately if you don't ask, you don't hear anything.

Not to worry, I will get in eventually, I hope all those selected enjoy their day and hopefully revert back with lots of positive feedback :)

Well hardly surprising but no email confirming my inclusion on the ‘guest list’. But then neither have I received the promised welcome pack including my ‘free gift’ as detailed in the email of 14/7. Still at least I’ll have £60 in food vouchers!

I got two separate emails including one for bar access. Unsure if my dad does. Might make things a bit awkward if I’m getting a prematch pint and he’s got a cup of water downstairs :D
The email says you can take a plus 1 ! I’ve had one but my dad hasn’t but looks ok to take him in

Back