Rangers’ best headed goal

Can't believe no one suggested Jelavic a decade ago; great goal, against Dundee Utd, and calmed the nerves in the title run in.

My favourite, Had a tenner at 40/1 first goalscorer. With Corals. Phoned bet from the wee Rangers club with the flutes in fine flow in the background pre-game.

No way you would get 40/1 these days.

Derek Johnstone League Cup Final 1970.
(don’t know how to attach videos).

Amazing to reflect that the two best Rangers goals (in my opinion) were scored in the not wildly successful early years of the seventies; Derek Johnstone by head and Tom Forsyth by foot.

Laudrup Tannadice for 9IAR
Thank you for reminding us of that. For reminding us of the Norse God and also for reminding us of THAT goal. And reminding us that the beautiful, elegant, football genius Brian Laudrup actually scored a header that was as good as Hateley, or DJ. This header, for it's significance and the fact that Our God-like genius did not normally (ever?) use his head, ranks above the rest for me.
On reflection and after viewing the whole thread; it is at least equal to about ten other goals.

Gary McSwegan (sp) v Marseilles
Oh now you’re talking. Looked like he bent it in top corner with his head. Was screaming in my head to chest it and hit it but what do I know? Great header ,I’ve not seen similar to be honest

McSwegan against Marseille.

The goal that I first remember celebrating like a proper fan.

I'd been to a few games before and remember watching other games prior but this was the game that got me hooked.

What a celebration by Gary BTW.

Any of the multitude of headers scored by Alex Macdonald. Five fit nuthin, but his timing was ridiculous, never had anyone near him when he scored.

Over the years there has been many great headers scored by us but my favourite is still Colin Stein away at Easter Road to win the league in 75' as it had a similar significance as 55 had last season.

Started to post the link and say similar to what you said but I’m putting this second and going with the first goal I seen live at a ground being scored against Celtic, by my favorite player at 6 min 30 sec.

My personal favourite was Colin "Bomber" Jackson's winning header in the 1979 League Cup Final at the Rangers end at Hampden. I was there :))

I think that dirty bsatard Rougvie got sent off in that game too B-D

McSwegan goal v Marseille was 1 of my favs, had just returned from 2 years in the USA and was my 1st European game back here.

Big DJ has so many candidates, best header of a ball in my time following the bears. For me a real Rangers legend.

ally mccoist elland road

the battle of britain

the prestige of qualifying for the first CL group wins it for AM

Back