Peter Maguire of PLZ labels Rangers "mediocre"

Even ignoring the stupidity of the comment, the "should have taken millions" line probably stands our more re his naivety and views of football.

The vast majority of the better players to have washed through Scotland in recent years haven't cost "millions" even when Celtic were at their best it was predominantly built on smart scouting.

"millions" has tended to lead to shambles in recent years.

Taking the blue tinted specs off…

the only fair measure of our team is in Europe. We got to the last 16. We won a group containing Benfica. We beat Antwerp in the round of 32 and scored 9 goals against them. We’re not an elite team, but last season we were in the level below the elite, what I’d call an excellent side. That’s what the evidence suggests.

Keep telling yourself that Pedro. :)) :)) :))

Perhaps, just perhaps I could accept Rangers being called mediocre if we only just won the title by a point or two, with a record low points total. However nothing could be further from the truth: we went through a whole season undefeated, with a club record number of points whilst conceding a record low of 13 goals.

What bloody more does this side have too achieve before they get a modicum of respect from any of the scum loving journalists that pollute SMSM?

the only fair measure of our team is in Europe. We got to the last 16. We won a group containing Benfica. We beat Antwerp in the round of 32 and scored 9 goals against them. We’re not an elite team, but last season we were in the level below the elite, what I’d call an excellent side. That’s what the evidence suggests.

Great point.

gn20.png

Mediocre doesn’t go the whole entire season unbeaten
Mediocre doesn’t win every home game

mediocre doesn’t win 3 old firm matches and draw the other

mediocre teams don’t win the league in March

mediocre presenters work on plz
Set new records for fewest goals conceded and clean sheets. We were 2 last kick of the ball equalisers from Hamilton and St Johnstone away from equaling the points record as well. Reached last 16 of the Europa League, winning a group with Benfica in it.

They know how bad it makes them look ( we've recently had Jakey McNamara and that other wee weirdo Collins )yet they still insist on being foolish....the sure thing is there's more tears to come . Worst losing fans in the world...

Hail hail yer champagnes stale...

Last edited:

And under Gerrard we have got better every season so we might be half decent according to that fuckwit come next May.

How he can sit there on his fat arse and call us mediocre with the European record we've had in the last few seasons at least is incredible, but not surprising.

I hope he continues to bash his shitey opinions down with his chubby fingers because each time he takes a swipe at us we all get to taste his delicious tears.

a fucking brilliant post i just found on FF

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/peter-martin.844/post-36061

"This is an abbreviated extract from an old post on another forum.

Peter Martin's real name is Peter McGuire from Newarthill in Lanarkshire and he used to be the front man for the "Celtic Road Shows" that promoted the club throughout Scotland and Ireland. This was a marketing project instigated by the then Celtic PR director Paul Cooney.

It is understood that he was an ex-convener of the Carfin Hibernians CSC and he used to be chairman of a Bhoys Youth Club in Newarthill which was funded partly by his "celebrity" pals holding Q&A nights in the AOH club. This was quite a big outfit with 4 or 5 teams at various levels. They were called "The Newarthill Lions" known locally as "The Lions" and were kitted out in green and white hoops.

When Paul Cooney moved to Radio Clyde he offered McGuire a job and it is thought that he suggested he changed his name to cover his previous links. Ever since then he has used his positions on radio and in the press (the Evening Times) to promote them and denigrate us at every opportunity.

Now you know his background you can make your own mind up about his character. A mdingwall says above - An Arsehole.
"

Back