A letter from James Tavernier to the fanbase

I missed out on the ballot, but if I was going tomorrow I'd be backing our captain and all his team mates.

Now you are free to disagree with him, that's the beauty of our country, you're allowed to dissent.

But if you're there and don't share his sentiments, it is wise to remember that if you can't say anything positive, then remain silent. It won't be the hardest 10 seconds of your life and if you need an incentive, you'll be depriving the haters of an opportunity to cause mischief as they'll be praying to do.

Save your voices for our shared love, Rangers FC and the backing of our wonderful manager and his squad.

Go on My Captain!

I don't agree with it but he couldn't be clearer. They've stated what they hope from the fans, and what we do is respect their decision. Booing means you are not supporting the squad.
You dont agree with what Tav has written in the statement about why they do it?

Last edited:
Taking the knee, make hee haw of a difference
Of course I will respect it but at the end of the day it means nothing.
I would rather we did not do it for the above reason.
Can we do something else instead that actually could make a difference?
The players clearly feel what they’re doing is important enough. Can you not just accept that rather than try to find an angle to argue against it? Were you desperately looking for something you could do to help before players started taking the knee?

Fans need to back each other tomorrow and call out any of the idiots who can't stay quiet for 10 seconds.
Drown any booing out with 10 seconds of massive noise.

If anyone needs inspiration to know how to react to any boos, watch Kamara's reaction to the Kudela incident again, or Goldson's interview afterwards. That will set your mind straight on what we need to do. That's why the players who won us 55 are doing this, no other reason. Support them 100% and they will drive us on to 56 and better.

The people that need to read this probably don't know how how to use the internet.

tenor.gif

Nothing embarrassing about that statement. That’s our captain leading the way, making sure the message is simple and clear. The team are kneeling as a show of unity against racism. No more or less.
I for one think Mr James Tavernier has grown into the armband, and am proud he is our captain.
Mon the Teddy Bears!

My biggest fear is there will be a few ignorant nuggets who still boo, and this will lead to proper bears taking it into their own hands to lob them out of the ground , so could lead to scuffles and suchlike . Please if you see it happening clap to drown them out or film them and report them to the club with their seat number rather than risk losing your own book by approaching them yourself . It’s not worth you losing your seat , let the club and stewards deal with them , frustrating as that may be .

Maybe you shouldn't tell black players how to protest racism. "I say, black boys, could you do this anti racism stuff a bit better or us whiteys will have to show you how to do it properly. You're making us uncomfortable"
To be fair, there’s numerous black players who have all said they don’t like the taking of the knee and don’t think it’s worthwhile.

That said, even if you disagree with it - all you have to do is sit and be quiet for 3 seconds.

Only twats will continue to boo, especially after the official statement.

I’m not even sure how one can be annoyed with footballers taking the knee for 3 seconds before a game. How can that annoy you enough to boo?

Hope our squad taking the knee is met by loud applause from our fans at kickoff tomorrow.

They’ve been sitting desperate for our fans to be in since the Kamara incident. Some of our fans will give them exactly what they want at every opportunity then somehow try to twist it that they’re holding up the traditions of Rangers. Unfortunately I can see this season being a clusterfuck and it’ll be everybody else’s fault as usual.

No one has to change their politics in this gesture.
Our players feel they are doing something good for good reasons and that is good enough for me.
The rest of the debate can be carried out in the pub.
Inside the ground, we stand or kneel as one unified body.

Together as Rangers, ... management, players and supporters as one body, never divided.

To be fair, there’s numerous black players who have all said they don’t like the taking of the knee and don’t think it’s worthwhile.

That said, even if you disagree with it - all you have to do is sit and be quiet for 3 seconds.

Only twats will continue to boo, especially after the official statement.

I’m not even sure how one can be annoyed with footballers taking the knee for 3 seconds before a game. How can that anyone you enough to boo?
There was a thread with 2k replies on it and not a single poster who defended the right to boo put forward a coherent argument for it other than "cos free speech".

They’ve been sitting desperate for our fans to be in since the Kamara incident. Some of our fans will give them exactly what they want at every opportunity then somehow try to twist it that they’re holding up the traditions of Rangers. Unfortunately I can see this season being a clusterfuck and it’ll be everybody else’s fault as usual.
It’s sickening knowing there are thousands of good Rangers fans who’ll missed out on the ballot to this minority of scumbags.

Think of how bad the constant lockdowns would’ve been without these heroes being absolutely dominant on the park. These guys got us through some really tough times. Time to back these legends.
I think this should be the focus of everyone in our support, including any who may want to boo.
I think calling them racists or other insults acheives little.

Why don't the whole support clap the players while they take the knee?
Drown out the "vocal few" who still want to boo.

A select few on here should be utterly mortified about their input on this subject. Hopefully now our Club Captain has addressed this any of the Cold War Colin's will either %^*& off, or at the very least respect our players enough to let them have their relection at the start of the game.

Would happily go for a pint with any of the cranks and you can regale me with how Kamara and co. are supporting a Nazi sub plot or whatever is in the latest Call of Duty game.

But in the stadium its about football, these are our players and this is our club. This is what our players have chosen to do.

Don't choose to go against them.

Back