Ryan Kent (still alive)

Corkinator

Just wondering about your thoughts on Kent?
He’s a remarkable player and even during his loan you could tell he was a bit special. I worked with a Liverpool season ticket holder when we had him on loan and I was raving about him then, he said he was a future starter for the fi team when his loan was up. Anyway I digressed there a little.
I see him a a cross between Niel McCann and Brian Laudrup but still very raw. He actually reminds me of Ronaldo when he was at Man Utd his first 2 years.
I’m not comparing him to all these player I’m just making a comparison on style.
I think we’ll be lucky to have him next season, I’m actually really surprised he’s not been sold yet, he’s that good and has such massive potential.

His dribbling is as close to world class as we are likely to see in a Rangers jersey these days. Up there with guys like Laudrup and Cooper and i absolutely do not say that lightly.

There are still areas he can improve though, but he has everything you look for in a special player and will play at the highest level before his career is over.

He’s found a home, he’s been on loan for most of his career and he’s finally settled somewhere and clearly loves it.

Manages to play with a freedom a lot of players get coached out of them but at the same time puts a shift in for his full back.

Was t convinced when we paid the fee for him but it’s been money well spent.

Lovely player who just needs to find a little bit more consistency.
I think Laudrup came to us when he was 27, what a thought, Kent at his peak! People talk about consistency but wingers are, in general, inconsistent because of the way the team plays at times. It’s all about productivity in possession , but he works his arse off to regain possession, something Laudrup wasn’t known to do, iirc.

Could be an unbelievable season ahead for him if the last 6 months of last season are anything to go by as he’s been constantly improving and could/will be a massive contributing factor in to how successful we are in Europe this season as he’s capable of making the difference in the tough games against the very top teams

His talents are off the scale. Most exciting player we have had since Laudrup imo.

Hopefully he can showcase his talents in the CL, I genuinely believe he is good enough to be in the England squad.

He gets you out of your seat. Players like that don’t come along often. His movement and trickery can be second to none and my ankles break on watching slow motion replays.

Also thanks to the OP for the clarification on the thread title. Relief there. Feel sorry for him if he thinks “%^*& me, is he dead?” When someone starts a “Connor Goldson” or “Kamara” thread with the question of contract extending.

If we qualify for the Champions League we need to get him on a new deal quickly. We hear about Goldson and Kamara's contract situations fairly regularly but Kent's deal ends the same time as Kamara. He's such a unique player, most wingers aren't two footed or able to shift their body and change direction without slowing down like he can. He will be the hardest player for us to replace when the time comes.

The single most important player in our entire squad.

It's very rare to find an attacking player that not only knows and can effectively use pretty much every piece of skill in the book but can match that with sheer work rate and determination. The only thing that has occasionally let him down in the past is his finishing but even that improved significantly last season and fully expecting 20+ goals from him this season.

He has it all and with every defence-destroying performance that he turns in, the comparisons to Laudrup become less and less fanciful. If he does not have some serious interest in him soon from some very prominent teams then I'll be amazed.

So aye...fair to say I like the boy a lot and even better, he seems to love our club too. Happy days

Tremendous player.

And so much of an individual character that I have wondered if when offered that big move he might say “thanks but nah..” Just because.

We can but hope.

2018:
R.bba78b22bd9775d162b3b51e5ba0fb6a

SOCCER-Rangers-122094jpg-JS621583122.jpg

Balogun singled him out for praise in his recent interview for being a nightmare to defend against.

I think Kent will probably move on, with our thanks and good wishes, next summer.

Lovely player who just needs to find a little bit more consistency.

I think that's true of most special players. Davie Cooper on his day was unplayable but I remember back then he got a fair bit of stick for being "lazy".

Dont shoot the messenger.

An excellent player. Spending 7m on one player was a massive gamble at the time, the board deserve a lot of credit for backing the gaffer. Can see this being a massive season for him.

He is getting stronger, faster, and more experienced with every passing season.

The best thing about him is his attitude, he doesn't stop and he doesn't get bullied. It's no use having all the skills in the world if you don't have that desire and focus to make the best use of it, Ryan Kent has the whole package.

Listen, I know, he’s dropping shoulders against RM players, he’s megging RM players , he’s running riot…..but…..he’s NO GOOD! %^*& THE FICK OFF! If you can’t see this boy is a superstar you mental. Honestly

Back