Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wonder if any further incomings are dependant on getting some of these fringe players off the wage bill.

Still have a gut feeling we will add 1 or 2 players between now and the close of the window.

Think we can safely say the Veerman saga is over whether we had interest or not clearly nothing has came of it if he indeed was as a priority target he would have been in by now.

I’m not sure what the money is for group stage tv money because Celtic got nearly 16 million for TV market pool almost 5 years ago which is a crazy amount of cash.

I just wonder if any further incomings are dependant on getting some of these fringe players off the wage bill.

Still have a gut feeling we will add 1 or 2 players between now and the close of the window.

Think we can safely say the Veerman saga is over whether we had interest or not clearly nothing has came of it if he indeed was as a priority target he would have been in by now.

Winning the Malmo tie will be huge as even in the worst case scenario that brings in five million for CL play off round participation and guaranteed Europa league group stage games. We could well make our move for Veerman soon after winning that tie I think.

Qualifying for the CL groups would put us on another level transfer wise as we could bring in up to £30 million that would see us push further ahead of the yahoos for years to come.

Europe I think will play a massive part in transfer policy in the weeks ahead.

Here’s a good summary site for the European prize money and its distribution. They update as the games are played as well so you can see how much each team has already earned in prize money for this season.
It also explains the market pool distribution for the CL.

Re player sales, we need to get away from the bheast logic that every player has a value. Most of our players will move on for no fee or about what we paid for them.
The only players I'd be confident of big fees are Morelos, Kent, Kamara, Hagi and possibly Aribo. Patterson may become a huge asset, given lots of appearances. Our recruitment has been excellent of late with few being poor.

Here’s a good summary site for the European prize money and its distribution. They update as the games are played as well so you can see how much each team has already earned in prize money for this season.
It also explains the market pool distribution for the CL.

It’s always annoyed me when it’s reported that teams (in most cases the tims) receive “£xm” in CL revenue as if that goes straight their account untouched, without taking into consideration the amount of incentive bonuses the players and staff will have nowadays that takes a good chunk of that money.

What are the odds that now we’re the side who’ll most likely earn the most in Europe, they start taking they bonus deductions into consideration?

I know it was only a friendly, but last week vs Madrid we looked like a squad that had been together for a long time.

I listened to an English speaking Real Madrid podcast and they were really impressed by how organised we were, kept referring to us being a well oiled machine.

It's a wee bit boring having a settled squad during the transfer window, but I don't think we'll be too bothered that there hasn't been major changes once the games start.

Theres a belief that most people aren’t prepared for how boring achieving success and being successful actually is.

Mostly success is continually doing the same thing over and again, with very minor changes. The process becomes streamlined and wholesale change is a problem because it causes unintended outcomes across a system.

If we’re having a boring window it’s because, just now, everything is pointing the right way.

We’d all like one or two signings but Gerrard and his back room staff aren’t stupid. They know where we are. What is needed and required as we enter yet another massive season on four fronts.

Under contract, what would Sakala and Lundstram fetch combined - £10m?

Possibly more.m
Going on the transfer market website 6.3 for John and 3.6 for fashion

John up at 9 million last July

good piece of business on free transfers

Don't think we need any more signings, presuming we keep all our big players

Our squad is amazing
I don't think there will be any major signings unless there is a big sale even if we make it in to the Champions League.

Money is tight and the squad has already been significantly improved.

This lad Charlie McCann wont be too far away from the first team IMO.

Completely agree. The deal smacks of a bassey style deal, with mccann just a little unfortunate that he has a number of good midfielders in front of him. Expect that when injuries start to bite mid year, we might start to see him integrated into 1st team.

Celtic did that... now look at them. It seems a simple concept. People dont appear to realise how difficult it is to continually do well in the transfer market. The truth is, we could sell Morelos for £20M and completely waste the money. Ending up an inferior team with nothing to show for it.

I agree with the concept, but the potential of this team and of certain players is yet to be realised. I would be delighted if the window shut right now. We were 1 poor performance away from a Europa quarter final and won the league at a canter. We can still improve, thats a scary thought for our opponents.

The riches of the Champions League also beckon. I see no reason to under-sell anyone at the moment, when the group stage money is still to be played for. It would be imprudent to sell Morelos for less than his worth, when he could help win us money, that would literally dwarf any fee, that we could actually command for him.

Its all about the bigger picture, the short-term highs, of, a big buy, or a big sell, only last so long before reality sets in. Listening to Gerrard today, hes clearly very aware, that the grass isnt always greener.
Also with the Champions League, if we do manage to qualify, and play group stage, then we’re gonna start seeing the really big offers

Going on the transfer market website 6.3 for John and 3.6 for fashion

John up at 9 million last July

good piece of business on free transfers
Theyre both far beyond good pieces of business, its superb stuff.

To think some people were wanting the likes of McCann, Nesbitt or... Ferguson brought in for millions.

Rangers are absolutely towering above the rest in terms of running the shop.

There will be more players coming in before the window closes. 100%.

We haven't spent a penny yet.
I don't think we need to get players in for the sake of it we have a massive squad i can only see other incomings if:
1. We get rid of most of the fringe players who won't get any game time
2. We make a big sale
3. We end up with an injury to a key player

I don't think we need to get players in for the sake of it we have a massive squad i can only see other incomings if:
1. We get rid of most of the fringe players who won't get any game time
2. We make a big sale
3. We end up with an injury to a key player
I just don't see Gerrard going through a pre season and not spending a penny on transfers.

Convinced there will be at least one more player brought in.

I just don't see Gerrard going through a pre season and not spending a penny on transfers.

Maybe not in fees but I’d bet you getting the Lundstram and Sakala deals over the line would have cost us in excess of £4m.

Aribo deal was close to £2m to get him signed, for example.

I‘m not convinced we will see incomings unless we lose some. Need to trim that squad down.

I would be a surprised if there wasn’t a fairly significant sale in this window. I can’t see a significant signing happening until that does due to squad size.

When you think about it, do we really need to? We were 25 points clear of the tims who actually have now weakened. We regularly get into the EL groups, and should we beat Malmö we will be in them again at a minimum. Even if we go out to Malmö you'd have to fancy us to get into the EL again.

This upcoming season if we win the league it's the CL group stage, so if anything financially this season domestically carries more importance than last season.

If we lost Morelos or Barisic or Goldson then yeah, by all means we'd need signings but they're still here.

Lundstram I think we all agree has improved us and from what little we've seen of Sakala he will too. Jack is coming back also.

Maybe not in fees but I’d bet you getting the Lundstram and Sakala deals over the line would have cost us in excess of £4m.

I‘m not convinced we will see incomings unless we lose some. Need to trim that squad down.
I’ve posted about it before but Aribo’s transfer wasn’t a kick in the arse off 3m.

He got a massive signing on fee as did his agent. Well worth every penny looking back but freebies aren’t exactly free anymore

We will trim the squad and we will spend.

It's inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back