MOTM Poll Rangers 3-0 Livingston FT - Match Thread & Vote for your Man of the Match

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just when I was thinking Beaton was having an ok game, handing out bookings where appropriate etc... then he gives a yellow for booting %^*& out of someone’s leg fs

Cruised it without getting out of first gear and with half a team missing. Was a little flat at times but Livingston offered no threat. Very comfortable.

That Sibbalds got hair like a lego figure.
It's a wig. Wife worked in dermatology. Despite her being a Falkirk fan and Sibbald being a decent ex Falkirk player she said he was an arsehole to deal with, always wanting extra ones etc when not entitled to them.

Give Bassey a break man. We've won at a canter and the boy has put in a slightly below average performance, It's hardly unusual. I'm confident he will have a good season.
On the contrary, aside from his crossing, I thought he had a great game. Never hid, burst a gut, and decent skills on the ball. Thought he was one of our best players in the first half, but faded a little in the second.

Really enjoyed that.

Nor even the usual Livi constant fouling spoiled that for me.

Totally dominant start to us retaining our rightful place as champions :))

Hopefully only a maximum of 2 more games v Livi to go this season.
Yeah, they make the most of what the have etc but come on, it's murder to watch.

Thought we handled it well, controlled the game and got the goals at the right time.

We will have to play much better this season but that's guaranteed.

MotM I gave it to Davis but if Hagi didn't get mauled he was looking good for it up to then.

A good showing for a 1st competative match of the season. A few still looking kind of raw but we still had more than enough not to be troubled.

Scott Wright can be an absolute star for us. I love the way he bursts forward and runs with the ball. He seems to have a knack of finding a player in and around the box and can finish too. Turns so quickly. Some strength in depth we have now.

You know what game I’m reminded of? The first game of 05/06 season. 3-0 aswell iirc, and on a high after an unbelievable previous season.

Of course hopefully this season turns out better than that one did.

Huffed and puffed a bit but 3 goals and another clean sheet is a good start.
Delighted for Scott Wright who took his chance today and impressed.

Good win. 3-0 and it was just ok. Almost felt like another pre season game. Looks like we have it in us to over run teams in the last 15 minutes again. Terrific goal from Wright. Looks like Lundstram & Wright will be big players for us. Our options from the bench are terrific. Comfortable today, but some obvious things for me; Balogun is a great back up to Helander, nowhere as good; Bassey is a future star but not yet Borna’s quality; Aribo is best forward one and not season sharp yet; Lundstram for me alongside Davis and Aribo. Our depth is frightening. Welcome to 56

Don't know if it was just me, but we looked a much better side once Lundstrum came on.
Tell you what we won’t lose many games if he plays every game,he makes us look very strong in midfield and he follows Davis everywhere and drives us forward at every turn a terrific signing that we have missed.

Take that all day long against a team of hammer throwers.

Started brightly before they took Hagi out the game and felt we were quite flat from then until Lundstram came on and gave a bit more drive in midfield. Davis was immense as usual.

Won’t live long in the memory but job done and we move onto Tuesday which will be a bigger test.

Highly enjoyable 2nd half. Great control and I thought wrights movement was superb. We could have had 5. A wonderful moment of magic and a satisfying poachers goal from our cf to clinch. Fantastic start rangers

Scott Wright started with a couple of wayward passes and then came on to a game.

Phenominal strike but IMO his best contribution is his work rate. All over the front line offering himself throghout the second half. We've got another gem there.
I really, really like the look of Wright. He's added a good bit of bite to his game, his work rate is phenomenal, he's direct & can play a bit too. He'll do very well for us going forward!

3 nil,comfortable without going up the gears.
3 points in the bag and off to a solid winning start.
Well done Rangers.
Can't ask for any more mate. We won't play 5 star performances every game, but winning comfortably when there's plenty to come is a good sign.

Oh and the best victory was ruining dornans day. All we need is a hearts win and a crowd at Erskine bridge to hopefully see the rat put on a show for us. I'm going up right now to cut the phone line incase he has any last minute doubts.

Scott Wright started with a couple of wayward passes and then came on to a game.

Phenominal strike but IMO his best contribution is his work rate. All over the front line offering himself throghout the second half. We've got another gem there.
We are running out of players to call 'dross' and 'deadwood'. It's brilliant. I think Wright is going to be phenomenal for us.

On the contrary, aside from his crossing, I thought he had a great game. Never hid, burst a gut, and decent skills on the ball. Thought he was one of our best players in the first half, but faded a little in the second.
To be fair on him he would be better beside goldson.

Not anywhere near our best, but again, showed that even in the last ten minutes we could have scored another couple.

We all want early goals. This team can, or are liable of scoring them at anytime. Which is wonderful.

A lovely, competent start to the season.

Give Bassey a break man. We've won at a canter and the boy has put in a slightly below average performance, It's hardly unusual. I'm confident he will have a good season.

I don’t think anyone is saying he was below average, he has actually played really well, I think we are all just reflecting on the quality of Borna’s delivery and what Calvin has still to learn. The boy has looked like he belongs at Ibrox since he arrived. He will be fine.

Back