Got to feel for Cedric Itten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazza 8

Official Ticketer
Looked sharp in pre season scoring 3 goals.

Morelos missing and still can't get off the bench.

We spent quite a bit if money on him and I'd say overall he's shown more than enough in the limited game time he's had to warrant more starts.

I'd like to see him lead the line against Malmo if Morelos is still missing.

I was 100% sure he was going to start today as well. Gerrard maybe thinking we’ll need him midweek for his ability to hold the ball up?

State the obvious.

But it should have been today.
Why is that? He's not been incredible when he has started. And our manager knows what he is doing. He's not leaving a superstar on the bench for no reason. Maybe Itten, as everything suggests, is just an average striker. And there is your obvious for you.

We spent quite a bit if money on him and I'd say overall he's shown more than enough in the limited game time he's had to warrant more starts.

Gerard knows the players best, he is obviously not near a starter

Itten will be used when the gaffer feels his skillset is required. Different strikers for different opposition, this is the luxury we have right now as we are not one dimensional.

You would think Cedric Itten had suffered a massive bereavement the way some people are talking about him. He will get chances and the next one may come on Tuesday.

Why is that? He's not been incredible when he has started. And our manager knows what he is doing. He's not leaving a superstar on the bench for no reason. Maybe Itten, as everything suggests, is just an average striker. And there is your obvious for you.
None of our players are superstars so no idea what the hyperbole is all about.

He scored 3 goals in pre-season, our best attacker in that period according to Gerrard, and deserves a run of games.

Sakala’s performance strengthened that opinion.

If Morelos stays, is it possible Cedric could go on loan until December.?? With the option to call him back if required.?
Preferably a lower EPL team, or English championship team.

None of our players are superstars so no idea what the hyperbole is all about.

He scored 3 goals in pre-season, our best attacker in that period according to Gerrard, and deserves a run of games.

Not much more he can do.
Ha. Gerrard disagreeing with Gerrard clearly. :D

Nonsense

I think he will start on Tuesday with Wright instead of hagi (presuming he will miss out)

we have many great options now

He’ll lead the line On Tuesday, he was rested for that game

Got a feeling it was just to keep him from picking up any injury ahead of Tuesday. No Morelos or Roofe available. If Itten played and got injured we'd be relying on Sakala which is a big ask of someone who just got here
I;think you’ll find you’re 100% correct :)

Today would have suited him much more than Sakala who I think would be better suited to our European games.

Sakala won’t get space to run into and use his pace in most SPL games but in Europe we are so good and sitting and attacking on the break with pace.

Itten is a penalty box striker, get him service and he’ll get you goals. I think his all round play, hold up, leading the line, running channels needs to improve if he is going to make a claim as our first choice.

Good problems to have

Along with a lot of others in the squad, he will get a lot of game time throughout the season, no need to feel sorry for anyone, the season is over a long period and the need for strength in depth is of utmost importance

I like big itten, I think he’s due an opportunity, and I think he will get that on Tuesday night, hence the reason he wasn’t played today.

Manager in his post match press conference suggested with 5 games in 14 days, he'll need to balance game time and get some players up to speed.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him start on Tuesday.

Defoe got game time before him towards the end of last season. That doesn't really suggest he'll get a run of games any time soon.

Last edited:
I think he will be the starting striker on Tuesday, even before hagi got injured I thought that. Think it’ll be a front three of Kent, itten and Wright. With lundstram, Davis and arfield/aribo.

I feel he losses out, because of the type of football we play, he's not let anyone down when he has played

I think there's more to come from Ced

I don't feel sorry for him and he won't be feeling sorry for himself. It's a long season and we have a large squad.

Made sense to give Sakala a run today to help him get used to the team and the Scottish game. With Roofe and Morelos out for midweek, and Sakala still settling, it was imperative, probably more than in any other position, that Itten is fresh and fit for Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back