The Subway Loyal

Best night for it was Braga - 0-2 to them and 4 lads next to me go "see you next time mate"... Why not stay and watch us fight for something here. "Nah mate rather be first in queue to get home". Literally a minute later Hagi crashes 1 home. They never a said a word to me after that night.
Similar v Legia Warsaw in the qualifier.

After 75mins of hurling abuse at Alfredo for being shite and "cannae header for toaffee" the crabbit auld git that sits beside me announced he'd seen enough and was away.

The 90 min Morelos header winner was sweet sweet justice for him.

On a normal day I would say they can do what they want, but it must be hard to see that when there are fans at home that have paid they’re season book money too but have to watch from home because they weren’t successful in the ballot
I was one of those fans that never got a ticket.

Haven’t been at Ibrox in near 18 months, yet folk left at HT for the pub and then mass exodus from 75 minutes onwards

Think it’s time the club made fans swipe out using their ST.

If you leave early, deducted MyGers points or something. If you do it consistently then do what Dortmund done, revoke the season ticket and give it to folk on the waiting list.

Such a riddy.

That is a fucking disgrace. In 21 years of having my ST I have left early twice. Once because of work when kick off was delayed by over an hour due to turnstiles not working. The second was on the 90th minute when Hibs scudded us 3-0 as I was so pissed off.

Cannot believe people left early today

Everyone pays there money what's the problem?
Haven’t been at Ibrox in near 18 months, yet folk left at HT for the pub and then mass exodus from 75 minutes onwards

If you leave early, deducted MyGers points or something. If you do it consistently then do what Dortmund done, revoke the season ticket and give it to folk on the waiting list.

Such a riddy.

After the last 18 months we've all had, so f.uck, genuinely, 1st world problems lol. :D

I always stay to the end, but each to their own.

The subway loyal take seeing rangers for granted. That is a fact.

I’ve never, ever left any game of football early let alone a Rangers match.

I left on 81 minutes as I was helping my father who is in his 80s, has alzheimer's, and is not very stead on his feet (having fallen several times in the last month alone). If that loses me staunch points / MyGers points then so be it if it makes other people feel good about themselves.

You are one of a few that had a genuine case, but no offence mate would you not be better waiting 5 mins or so after the final whistle till everyone else has left ?

I left on 81 minutes as I was helping my father who is in his 80s, has alzheimer's, and is not very stead on his feet (having fallen several times in the last month alone). If that loses me staunch points / MyGers points then so be it if it makes other people feel good about themselves.
That's more than acceptable and no one is arguing against that.

The vast majority of early leavers do not fall into this kind of category and really should be there to support the team to the end.

It's embarassing the amount of early leavers we have, outwith the elderly etc.

You are one of a few that had a genuine case, but no offence mate would you not be better waiting 5 mins or so after the final whistle till everyone else has left ?
Tried that. Hospitality is right behind where we sit in the main stand and our exit is gridlocked usually for 15 - 20 mins. We then have to wait 40 mins on Paisley Road West for the coaches to leave (as I have to park very close to the ground).

The Subway Loyal is clearly not directed at someone like you, but you knew that didn't you?

It's directed at the people desperate to get a pint etc,

Folk pay their money & if they want to leave early that's up to them IMHO.
What about the folk that couldn't be at the game today and would've supported the team for the whole game. Sick of this perpetual nonsense that our fans are entitled to leave early if they so wish as "they pay their money".

As said earlier, introduce swipe outs and dock them mygers points. Getting home 10 min earlier after the game when you've no been at one for 18 months is outright lunacy.

It’s my astonishment that somehow people should now be policed for leaving a leisure activity early and somehow punished for it.

“dear Sir, we know you paid £600+ for your season ticket and are effectively a customer of ours - but we note you left 5 minutes early. As a result we are deducting points from you and in future may fine you.”
Don't start with the fine nonsense. The mygers points idea is a good one. There will always be an exception, medical reasons etc. But in general, fans should be rewarded for supporting the team and those that can't be arsed to / want to get home 10 min earlier shouldn't get as many privileges.

Same bangers that sit in silence and leave with 15 left to play will be the same ones giving it "WRTP, BEST MOST LOYAL FANS IN THE WORLD, NS, NOBODY DESERVES THIS MORE THAN US!".

I'm never keen on the self-praise we frequently lavish on ourselves and today is a prime example of why.

Also, it's very noticeable how the myriad excuses disappear when it's sellick we're beating at Ibrox.

It’s nothing new, it will always happen and there is literally feck all anyone can do about it.

Few guys in front of me arrive late every game, always leave around 70 mins to go to pub, sometimes they leave at half time, it’s ridiculous.

Always pleases me when they miss a goal or 2 like today.
Braga was the pinnacle for that. Saw dozens leaving the Govan Rear when the 2nd went in. They must have felt like right twats, sat in the pub watching the remainder of one of our greatest games in recent years.

Not at all mate and it's totally understandable, but for some it just seems to be a ritual now. Part of the day.

When I was younger my old man always used to leave at 85 mins IF the game was done at that point, to get us ahead of the traffic as we were travelling back to Livi. If it was level or close or a big game, we never left early. I don’t get folk who do it every game, makes no sense to me.
This for me. If its done and dusted i'd have no problem leaving a few minutes early if personal circumstances dictated. A close game or not decided, however, and I'd be staying until the end.

Each to their own!

Same bangers that sit in silence and leave with 15 left to play will be the same ones giving it "WRTP, BEST MOST LOYAL FANS IN THE WORLD, NS, NOBODY DESERVES THIS MORE THAN US!".

I'm never keen on the self-praise we frequently lavish on ourselves and today is a prime example of why.
In terms on sheer numbers we have one of if not the best support in Britain

in terms of atmosphere we are are one of the worst, people turn up 5 minutes late, leave 20 minutes early and only open their mouths to shout at the players and/or ref.

Guy next to me admitting he was full of gear, disappears, comes back with a randomer because who gave him “a free patsy”, spends HT doing even more gear then left right before our 2nd because “he was bored and wanted to go to the pub”. Was so happy he missed the goals.

All this happens as so many good people have to watch at home. Really annoying.

What about the folk that couldn't be at the game today and would've supported the team for the whole game. Sick of this perpetual nonsense that our fans are entitled to leave early if they so wish as "they pay their money".

As said earlier, introduce swipe outs and dock them mygers points. Getting home 10 min earlier after the game when you've no been at one for 18 months is outright lunacy.
Start docking MyGers points and the membership would fall.

Guy next to me admitting he was full of gear, disappears, comes back with a randomer because who gave him “a free patsy”, spends HT doing even more gear then left right before our 2nd because “he was bored and wanted to go to the pub”. Was so happy he missed the goals.

All this happens as so many good people have to watch at home. Really annoying.
Convinced people like this just use Rangers as an excuse to day drink and couldn’t really give a %^*&

Tried that. Hospitality is right behind where we sit in the main stand and our exit is gridlocked usually for 15 - 20 mins. We then have to wait 40 mins on Paisley Road West for the coaches to leave (as I have to park very close to the ground).
You dont need to explain, in fact I'm giving you double points for making the effort. I used to care for my old man, so you have my respect sir

The Subway Loyal is clearly not directed at someone like you, but you knew that didn't you?

It's directed at the people desperate to get a pint etc,
The OP wants me to be deducted MyGers points for helping my father with alzheimer's.

There in lies the danger of generalising everyone leaving early. Not everyone is going to the subway or the pub.

To make sure I can park the car close enough for my father to be able to walk to the ground I am leaving the house when most “staunch” people are probably still in their bed.

Jesus Christ.
Nope! I used to defend the subway 82 minute loyal as it was me at times however given that everything we have went through to get back, yes scan in and out and if you can’t be arsed staying to support the team the game then don’t come back

I always laugh at the term "subway loyal" where the ones I see leaving early are mostly supporters bus loyal , or own car loyal.
I’m pretty sure that I’ve read on here of one supporters club bus that leaves Helen street exactly 15 minutes after full time to avoid being stuck in traffic for 30/40 minutes just to get to the roundabout after the game - they leave the ground at bang on 80 minutes so they are not left behind

Such a riddy.

Clown beside me left after 20 minutes to go to the louden. Middle of the govan front.

It's their one day away from the wife all week so need to cram as much alcohol down their necks before getting back to the bus. Pathetic.

Absolutely pathetic

23000 STH’s missed out getting to the game today. Me and my family included yet people still leaving early is a joke

Sick of the fans who can’t support the team for the whole game including injury time

I’m pretty sure that I’ve read on here of one supporters club bus that leaves Helen street exactly 15 minutes after full time to avoid being stuck in traffic for 30/40 minutes just to get to the roundabout after the game - they leave the ground at bang on 80 minutes so they are not left behind
I’ll bet my left baw it doesn’t leave 15 mins after full time on old firm days.

It’s embarrassing and it needs to wisen up.

Absolutely pathetic

23000 STH’s missed out getting to the game today. Me and my family included yet people still leaving early is a joke

Sick of the fans who can’t support the team for the whole game including injury time
Think about those on the season ticket waiting list.
There are 10k with season tickets that only want to support the team for 80 mins

Back