The Subway Loyal

A wee pished guy behind us was encouraging everyone to sing and support the team(pretty much everyone was).

He then proceeded to fuuck off right on 80 minutes.

Got absolutely slaughtered as he was leaving.

Couldn't spell Rangers supporter, but could spell the name of the boozer he was going to ok.

Three youngsters in front of me, (Govan front)
Three half bottles of buckfast. :(
They would actually put (hide) under a red anorak when they would be taking a swig from the bottle.
Clowns disappeared half way through the second half, three empty half bottles discarded on the ground.

Some people leave early at games all over the UK, but not on the same scale of Ibrox, it's actually embarrassing. Maybe the Louden and Wee Rangers should stop letting anyone more people in from half time of a game and re-open their doors at full time. No idea why people would spend hundreds of pounds on a season ticket if they prefer to watch in a bar?

There was folk leaving on 70 mins against Arsenal, we only got 2,000 tickets ffs, what traffic was there that day.

Same today 75 mins constant stream leaving.

To be honest the atmosphere was pretty poor today all round, you’d think folk would be desperate to show the team their appreciation and stay to the end.

No doubt the I pay my money I’ll leave when I want, apart from we play them and virtually no one seems to have the traffic to beat that day, crowd will be along soon to defend their actions.
I wasnt at game but said to son at start of game dont think many will leave early today as roads etc wont be as bad but could see some on tv hitting the exits at 75 mins unreal we never leave till final whistle just habbit.

Think it’s time the club made fans swipe out using their ST.

If you leave early, deducted MyGers points or something. If you do it consistently then do what Dortmund done, revoke the season ticket and give it to folk on the waiting list.

Such a riddy.
Jesus F#ck....:oops:

Some people leave early at games all over the UK, but not on the same scale of Ibrox, it's actually embarrassing. Maybe the Louden and Wee Rangers should stop letting anyone more people in from half time of a game and re-open their doors at full time. No idea why people would spend hundreds of pounds on a season ticket if they prefer to watch in a bar?
Perhaps season tickets are too cheap ?

In the days when I could get into the bar in Bar72 the amount of people you see leaving at half-time is incredible far less 10/15 mins to go. Not sure why you would go at all and leave at half-time.

Haven’t been at Ibrox in near 18 months, yet folk left at HT for the pub and then mass exodus from 75 minutes onwards

If you leave early, deducted MyGers points or something. If you do it consistently then do what Dortmund done, revoke the season ticket and give it to folk on the waiting list.

Such a riddy.
I've been going to Ibrox since 1960 and they've been doing this since then and no doubt long before that.

I don't leave early, but as I get older it does become more appealing. Those 5-10 mins are an extra hour to get home. My plan for this season is to park further away and use the time walking rather than sitting in traffic.

Been going to Ibrox since the early 70s and even back then it happened.
It’s probably just a habit/family tradition for some and it’s never going to change.

Quite a lot of ppl head for a quick pint before their supporters bus leaves. If if folk are travelling Quite a distance then maybe you can understand why.

Found out on Tuesday night I had a ticket, changed plans to do the 700 mile round trip. Wife and teenager came with me and I left on 85 minutes to meet them for some food after being in the ground for an hour before kick off and no pubs or drinking. So take all the points you want or remove the season ticket as it’s my ticket and my choice when I embark on the journey back home even if family don’t come with me!

Are we saying all the 23,000 who missed out stay until the end every game. Strange how that ballot worked! Unbelievable logic!

people just stuck in a habit for the sake of it.

think this is it more than anything - saw plenty of folk leaving from 80 minutes at the B team game the other day and given the fact there was just 300 in attendance, I doubt it was travel anxiety

Absolutely no excuse:

1. It's so busy. Er, half full this time
2. It's a routine. Sorry, 16 months since we last got in...you have no routine
3. Have to be back for dinner. 1.30 kick off.
4. Disabled. That covers 2 or those leaving early yesterday that I saw. Both older gents with walking stick

Not mines as I don't go on a bus.

If someone is going to Aberdeen etc can u not understand it?
Aberdeen is hardly the bastion of travelling quite some distance.So no I can’t understand it and I won’t but you carry on.

People should be allowed to leave whenever they want to - it’s not up to the OP or anyone else to be judgmental as you don’t know everyone’s personal circumstances.

I left immediately after Roofe’s goal yesterday for personal reasons and I’ve also left well before the end for personal reasons on previous occasions.

People should respect if people want to leave early that’s their choice - what’s the alternative ? - people are forced to stay until the final whistle against their will…get a grip and accept that people have freedom of choice.

Yes - didn’t think it was too bad today, plenty folk stayed and cheered the team off the pitch. BUT a significant minority did leave early.

So galling for the folk who’d have bitten your hand off for a ticket but were unsuccessful.

Pissed off armchair loyal

I don’t leave games early had my season ticket for 23 years now but see if you want to leave early or you can’t make it etc if your paying your money you are entitled to do whatever the f*ck you want. Anybody who tries to tell me when i can leave etc will get a swift kick n the baws.

It's not any worse than 50 years ago. Back then was a bit less noticeable with the big open terracings, but plenty left early to go to the pub then too.

No point in getting all annoyed about it, it's just part of normal life that we have fans who don't stay till the end.

I'd rather see the whole game, and as long as I do, then what others do doesn't bother me.

People should be allowed to leave whenever they want to - it’s not up to the OP or anyone else to be judgmental as you don’t know everyone’s personal circumstances.

I left immediately after Roofe’s goal yesterday for personal reasons and I’ve also left well before the end for personal reasons on previous occasions.

People should respect if people want to leave early that’s their choice - what’s the alternative ? - people are forced to stay until the final whistle against their will…get a grip and accept that people have freedom of choice.

I don't think the argument is about people leaving for personal reasons. Ofcourse people will have genuinely worthy excuses for leaving early. I think what the OP is getting at is the selection of folk who religiously leave around the 70 minute mark at every home game, probably with the exception of the dhims.

I don't leave early, but as I get older it does become more appealing. Those 5-10 mins are an extra hour to get home. My plan for this season is to park further away and use the time walking rather than sitting in traffic.
I’d highly recommend that

I park 15 minutes away and I’m home rapid, very little traffic.

Never understand those that park right next to the stadium (unless have walking difficulties)

I don't think the argument is about people leaving for personal reasons. Ofcourse people will have genuinely worthy excuses for leaving early. I think what the OP is getting at is the selection of folk who religiously leave around the 70 minute mark at every home game, probably with the exception of the dhims.
I understand that but if someone wants to leave early that’s their choice…for whatever reason.

Say some stays 90 mins every week and one week they have to leave at 75mins for personal reasons. They shouldn’t be caught up in fellow fans booing them / hurling abuse etc. It’s no way way to treat fellow supporters and my point is that people should respect that people have a freedom of choice to do as they please.

100% agreed.

The argument that these people have to catch buses or whatever back home (especially those from NI) only holds up for a small part of the people leaving early. The rest imo do it because they can't be bothered waiting a few minutes extra leaving the ground.

I never understood it but now, after more than a year of not being able to see your team live, to leave so early is pathetic.
It’s been happening in the 70 years I've been going to Ibrox.
Not a chance in hell of stopping it now.

Heard a guy saying to his pal at about 60 mins he was going for a pint, his pal followed. Absolutely unbelievable, not been in the stadium for a competitive game in so long and people leaving with 30 mins to play, can’t understand it
That's definitely someone who's been given curfew by the missus and decided a few more jars is more important than watching the rest of the game. :))

They are beyond parody now

many of their first game at Ibrox in 500+ days,early kick off and they still leave early

it just doesnt compute with me

Noticed 2 leaving CF going up the aisle then turned round proceeded to watch the game standing in middle of the stairs.Stewards swiftly and rightly moved them on.If you are leaving then leave.

Don't understand people getting all defensive here. We've all left early on a few occasions because of other circumstances, and some people need to do it more often for work, disability reasons etc. Nobody's having a go at you.

The people being criticised here are the ones that f*ck off at half time or 70 mins every single week for a pint, or to "beat the traffic" - that is until we play the filth or a big European game and lo and behold there they are in their seat til the end, pint and traffic not so important to them those days.

In normal times it didn't bother me because they were the ones missing out, but it's perfectly understandable to be annoyed at them yesterday when more than half of us had to watch it on the telly.

Haven’t been at Ibrox in near 18 months, yet folk left at HT for the pub and then mass exodus from 75 minutes onwards

Such a riddy.

i didn’t leave early yesterday but sometimes I need to leave early to get back down the road to catch a boat or a flight. Or sometimes other personal reasons. It’s no ones business when someone leaves a game

Not mines as I don't go on a bus.

If someone is going to Aberdeen etc can u not understand it?
I'm going to Belfast, love a pint myself but I ain't going to leave early for the sake of a pint. European nights when the deadline for making the midnight boat home is really tight, still wouldn't leave early. The difference of missing that boat is hanging around the P&O terminal until 4.30am(and it did happen once) when you have been travelling from around 10am on the matchday. Can understand people leaving at around 89 minutes in a circumstance like that but this 70 minute onwards caper or half time in some cases is ridiculous!

Wouldn’t be follow follow without the “subway loyal” thread at the start of every season. People pay their money it’s really up to them if they stay the full 90 minutes or not. The only thing that pisses me off is when I’ve to let them past from around 75 minutes onwards.

I'm going to Belfast, love a pint myself but I ain't going to leave early for the sake of a pint. European nights when the deadline for making the midnight boat home is really tight, still wouldn't leave early. The difference of missing that boat is hanging around the P&O terminal until 4.30am(and it did happen once) when you have been travelling from around 10am on the matchday. Can understand people leaving at around 89 minutes in a circumstance like that but this 70 minute onwards caper or half time in some cases is ridiculous!
Totally understand. I'm not saying I agree with ppl leaving early just giving an example of why ppl do leave

Dortmund never penalised people for leaving early. It was ones not even using the season ticket. Had to go to a minimum number of games.

Hamburg do the same.

A few around me in the club deck left at half time.
Missing the end of the game to catch the subway I can just about understand if someone has somewhere they really need to get to quickly after the game, but leaving at half time is just sticking two fingers up to the thousands that missed out.

Such a riddy.

FFS this pish again?

One minute after ko, lock the doors. Do not open them till 5 minutes after the full time whistle. Deploy some of FF's finest as stewards at the doors to berate anyone asking to leave for a pint, bus, flight, family member in hospital etc. and take their names.

Half time at the next match, names are read out and FF's finest will huckle the individuals and drag them onto the pitch. After being forced to explain and apologise to the players, Gerrard and the rest of the stadium about how it made them feel knowing they tried to leave at 88 minutes previously they be pelted with stale pies, courtesy of Ibrox hospitality.

Sounds fair to me.

Back