Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly correct. He snuffs out everything coming through the midfield in Europe. Absolutely essential when playing the bigger teams. It will be brilliant seeing him back in the team.

If he had signed from an EPL or European team he wouldn't get the 'not good enough for UCL nonsense'. When Steven Gerrard thinks you are a first pick in midfield you are a player.
I have to agree, one of the players I miss most from any lineup. Provides excellent defensive cover and helps control a midfield. The team is definitely stronger when he is involved.

Winning the Malmo tie will be huge as even in the worst case scenario that brings in five million for CL play off round participation and guaranteed Europa league group stage games. We could well make our move for Veerman soon after winning that tie I think.

Qualifying for the CL groups would put us on another level transfer wise as we could bring in up to £30 million that would see us push further ahead of the yahoos for years to come.

Europe I think will play a massive part in transfer policy in the weeks ahead.

Getting to the CL group stage will not see Rangers going on a spending splurge. Yeah we might buy one player but the £30m+ bounty will be ringfenced for the day to day running of the club and finally bring an end to the need to go "cap in hand" to our directors to make up the shortfalls.

FFS. On what basis to you make such a sweeping statement. In all our Euro games so far he has been one of our best performers. Consistently. Only way we will know is if he gets the chance to play there.
Even after last season some people still don’t appreciate Jack.

Porto and benfica for starters .words from our own managers mouth " champions League level" need I go on or are you happy enough with that?
Porto he played very well they got knocked out at the round of 32 that year although had a great CL campaign the next.

Benfica he played against 10 men for 70 minutes, they finished third last year and also went out at the round of 32.

Jack does a right good job for us mate but he’s not CL level.
What exactly does “CL Level” mean? I take it some of the Celtic players are that level since they’ve played in a few games in the champs league?

Our team could certainly compete against teams in the CL but obviously not good enough to win it.

Porto he played very well they got knocked out at the round of 32 that year although had a great CL campaign the next.

Benfica he played against 10 men for 70 minutes, they finished third last year and also went out at the round of 32.
So what defines a champions League level side then. We thumped midtjylland over two games and then the next season the exact same group of players reached the champion League group stages.
Regardless.. to say jack wouldn't cut it is nonsense

What exactly does “CL Level” mean? I take it some of the Celtic players are that level since they’ve played in a few games in the champs league?

Our team could certainly compete against teams in the CL but obviously not good enough to win it.
I already answered that in the thread, I said players capable of consistently playing well in the CL group stage at a minimum.

No I don’t believe they have any CL level players as is evidenced by their embarrassing performances in the CL group stages.

So what defines a champions League level side then. We thumped midtjylland over two games and then the next season the exact same group of players reached the champion League group stages.
Regardless.. to say jack wouldn't cut it is nonsense
Watching them against they tramps they looked like one of the poorest European sides I’ve seen play us or them.

I already answered that in the thread, I said players capable of consistently playing well in the CL group stage at a minimum.

No I don’t believe they have any CL level players as is evidenced by their embarrassing performances in the CL group stages.

We can stretch to about 5-7m max for a player and circa 30-35k a week. How many proven CL players are you getting in that sort of bracket? Our scouts would need to be geniuses.

We can stretch to about 5-7m max for a player and circa 30-35k a week. How many proven CL players are you getting in that sort of bracket? Our scouts would need to be geniuses.
In my opinion. McGregor, Tav, Goldson, Helander, Barisic, Davis, Kamara, kent and Morelos.

Just because it’s very hard given our budget doesn’t change what a CL level player is, our budget is irrelevant to that mate.

In the absence of a genuine first team rumour how about the B team gossip started by Ross Wilson that following Charlie McCann into the Lowland team there is another coming very soon .

who might that be , Alegria the Colombian striker maybe ?

Last edited:
Veerman supposedly has told the Dutch media he wants to go to Feyenoord.

Still no mention of Rangers in the reports there from official sources. Only Verona mentioned again as teams having had interest by their manager

Still no mention of Rangers in the reports there from official sources. Only Verona mentioned again as teams having had interest by their manager
It's no happening never was I'm afraid.

It's no happening never was I'm afraid.
In fairness we all get caught up in transfers but we actually don't need him. We have a really good squad with players who will have got even better like Aribo, Kelly and Hagi. Veerman or even Hamer could happen but really we are in a strong position.

Veerman probably just this seasons Skov Olsen/Lovro Majer/Amin Hodzic/Lucas Leiva/Nani/Elmander

Feyenoord's technical director, Frank Arnesen, confirmed they are interested in him but have said it will be difficult to afford him and no bid has been made.

I've yet to be convinced we were ever interested in him in the first place. All our transfers under Wilson to date have been very silent and very quickly done with no fuss. Neither does Veerman's outspoken manner whenever it appears another club is interested in him fit in with the type of player we would want on our books.

Feyenoord's technical director, Frank Arnesen, confirmed they are interested in him but have said it will be difficult to afford him and no bid has been made.

I've yet to be convinced we were ever interested in him in the first place. All our transfers under Wilson to date have been very silent and very quickly done with no fuss. Neither does Veerman's outspoken manner whenever it appears another club is interested in him fit in with the type of player we would want on our books.
This is a wee bit of a myth tbh. Lundstram and Sakala were known as targets for months before they signed.

In fairness we all get caught up in transfers but we actually don't need him. We have a really good squad with players who will have got even better like Aribo, Kelly and Hagi. Veerman or even Hamer could happen but really we are in a strong position.

Veerman probably just this seasons Skov Olsen/Lovro Majer/Amin Hodzic/Lucas Leiva/Nani/Elmander
Looking at the state our our bloated squad I can't see anymore signings until there is a fair amount of outgoings.

Also Looking back at Gerrard's recent comments now I think we are all but done.

Still would love 1/2 quality additions into the first 11 but I don't think it will happen think we will go with what we have now.

Last edited:
I don’t think jack will play much this season for a few reasons, but to say he’s not CL quality is wrong, if we do get to the group stage we will have to beat teams by pure work ethic and pressing, We won’t be beating the top teams with quality

Its obvious we won't be signing until we know which European league we will be playing in.

Its also obvious that we are definitely in for Veerman.

Its even more obvious that we will sign at least 1 marquee signing if we reach the CL.

Be patient. This thread will boom again.

Do you really think Gerrard won't be asking the board for higher quality players if we reach the CL?

There is an opportunity for Rangers to go on a title run and secure our financial future over the next 2/3 years. Be excited

Its obvious we won't be signing until we know which European league we will be playing in.

Its also obvious that we are definitely in for Veerman.

Its even more obvious that we will sign at least 1 marquee signing if we reach the CL.

Be patient. This thread will boom again.

Do you really think Gerrard won't be asking the board for higher quality players if we reach the CL?

There is an opportunity for Rangers to go on a title run and secure our financial future over the next 2/3 years. Be excited
If Gerrard really wanted him he would have been snapped up now especially with the growing interest in Veerman.

There is a massive difference between interest and actually putting a bid in the fact we haven't suggests to me it won't happen.

I still think there is room for one more addition in midfield but with so many fringe players hampering the wage bill the issue now will be to move players on.

With McCrorie and Hastie getting listed in the European squad to meet quotas is it possible we may need to sign Scottish players if we move them on?

I'm pretty sure there will be behind the scenes. Just because nothing is in the media doesn't mean we aren't actively trying to move people on. The English market is slightly behind us as well.
During the press conference on Friday, Gerrard said things were going on in the background regarding players moving on. He also said there had been no offers for any of our "big" players.
Still a month to go until the window closes.

For us to sign a quality player now it will only happen if one of our key assets are sold or if we make group stages of UCL and we identify a player in our price range that improves the starting 11.

Bit of a sweeping statement, none of our players are tested at that level
None are, Jack could surprise me and excel at that level and players that I think will be fine at that level might toil.

None of us will know for sure until we compete at that level.

I don’t think jack will play much this season for a few reasons, but to say he’s not CL quality is wrong, if we do get to the group stage we will have to beat teams by pure work ethic and pressing, We won’t be beating the top teams with quality
If Jack manages to remain injury free this season then he'll play a lot of games, in my opinion.

Out of curiosity, what's the other reasons you think he won't?

How do you know there hasn't?
The majority have all been heavily involved in pre season notably Jones and Middleton.

Hastie has been papped to the B team.

And %^*& knows what's happened to Barker he's disappeared hopefully on the move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back