Josh Doig leaving Hibs?

No chance, Keep telling folk there skint. Hibs will want most if not all the cash upfront and Celtic dont have it.

They will keep shopping in the mid tier leagues around Europe and strike "Pay you later" Deals.

There is no way there recruitment is this shit if they had cash to spend.
Have they not spent nearly £12M in the last week ?, i was expecting them to go for Nisbet TBH

We dont need him, big Bassey was brilliiant yesterday

Bassey has been impressive in pre-season and yesterday with his desire to drive forward at every opportunity. However in the games that I have seen, especially yesterday, he hasn't delivered one decent cross, his end product destroys all his previous good work.

IMHO, he really has to work on his crossing before he is a threat to Borna for the no.3 shirt.

A player we should be looking at IMO.
Not for the money they would want. He wouldn't improve us and it would mean probably moving Bassey on. Good luck to the lad and I'm sure he will have a great career but we only want to spend significant money on improving the first team.

Bassey has been impressive in pre-season and yesterday with his desire to drive forward at every opportunity. However in the games that I have seen, especially yesterday, he hasn't delivered one decent cross, his end product destroys all his previous good work.

IMHO, he really has to work on his crossing before he is a threat to Borna for the no.3 shirt.
Agree with you crossing point, hopefully Borna is working with him on that. Was motm for me yesterday

Although i agree it can improve, he played a great cross for a Scott Wright header that was well saved by the keeper. So theres one off the top of my head. Hes only going to get better.

Tav never put a good ball in all day either. Its day 1 of the season, even the elder statesmen are still finding their feet.

Have they not spent nearly £12M in the last week ?, i was expecting them to go for Nisbet TBH
Have they spent 12m though?

I aint buying that for a second. Every player from a top leage they are linked with ends up elsewhere. It can only be because they cant pay upfront for these guys.

All these other signings are from lesser clubs and leagues. I do not believe they have forked out anywhere near 12m upfront. Be 1/2m each and the rest in add ons.

He delivered a cross bang on the button yesterday for wright(may or may not have been wright) to Head it and their keeper pulled off a good save.

About £14m this season so far, £14m the season before and £21m the season before that.

I'd be stunned and amused if they spend £5m on Doig because left back is not an area they urgently have to improve. Taylor is limited but he is at least reasonably competent and experienced.

He delivered a cross bang on the button yesterday for wright(may or may not have been wright) to Head it and their keeper pulled off a good save.

Call me a liar for one decent cross out of many. The point I was trying to make was that eithout an end product all his impressive forays going forward count for nothing. The lad has promise but still a long way too go.

Back