Thanks to the thief in the Govan today

Read the post initially with genuine disgust that someone could do this to a fellow Bear with a disability...

But now I'm also thinking it'd be a pity if the poor crater or his/her carer/steward who inadvertently lifted the wrong apparatus by mistake, for that guy/girl too obviously has mobility issues.
Let's not do a FF lynching until we know the full story.
Mate let's take your suggestion and work through it.

Initially its a mistake but, when they took this different walker back to the person who was using it, they would know it wasnt their walker. The carer who was with them when the walker was taken from them and put in this " safe place" would also have seen the walker they came in to the stadium with.

Its not nice to think someone as nasty is amongst our support but sorry.. this person is a rat.

*Can I also suggest that when this person gets their new walker they take a picture of it on their phone so they can show any steward a picture of it if they have to put it in a "safe place" again...

Last edited:

Initially its a mistake but, when they took this different walker back to the person who was using it, they would know it wasnt their walker. The carer who was with them when the walker was taken from them and put in this " safe place" would also have seen the walker they came in to the stadium with.

Its not nice to think someone as nasty is amongst our support but sorry.. this person is a rat.
Good analysis mate

Some poor innocent guy going to the next home game with a walker getting dogs abuse of everyone.
Anway probably a simple mistake, donation made.

*Can I also suggest that when this person gets their new walker they take a picture of it on their phone so they can show any steward a picture of it if they have to put it in a "safe place" again...
Amazing gesture guys, very kind.
I have a picture of the walker but technologically thick and not sure how to post. Thanks again. My mate was very emotional when I told him what everyone's done for him.
Difficult time when on top of the illness, he's faced with more than the price of my 1st flat to adjust his home to make it easy access and a shower room. This was a cost that he could do without.

Hats off to those who have been generous enough to get a replacenet for the bear in question.
However, I'd still be happy to see the thief outed. Assuming the person is a regular, the likelyhood is that they will park their "stolen" walker at the same location at the next game. The OP or someone who would recognise the item should stake out the area at the next game. Get him/ her shamed.

My mate Alan, a season ticket holder, good friend and staunch bear, was sadly diagnosed with MND last year. I met him and his son when I got my ticket in the Govan 8yrs ago. Several of us have became good friends and travelled to away games, nights at the louden and nights at Ibrox like The Rally.

The point I'm making is that he is a really decent Rangers man and has missed supporting our team in person.

Today he was lucky enough to get to the game but had to use his 3 wheeled walker.

The stewards wouldn't allow it to be stored securely and guided him to a section to leave it.

At the end if the game, he waited for the crows to leave and when he got to where he was told to store the walker, it had been stolen and an old damaged one left in its place.

There was no way this was accidental, I just hope that when the club look into this, that the clown that took it is banned for life.

Hopefully it can be recovered as they are nearly £300.

This really affected my mate and caused him an upsetting end to what should have been a great day.
I can't believe that! Surley will be on cctv?defo needs banned

Email slo@rangers.co.uk to ensure that there is a locked facility in future.
That idea of taking a picture of the property, maybe even a serial number, is a good one so that these things cannot be handed over until someone can prove it’s theirs.

Why not something like a 'cloakroom ticket' arrangement.

It wouldn't be difficult to implement a tag system surely. One on the property the other matching tag with the owner. Hand back tag, get corresponding property back. Easy!

And btw, the rat that took it is a lowlife piece of shit, especially knowing the difficulties of having to use the same.

It would appear that there is no system in place with the stewards to stop this happening again.
As others have stated previously a locked area and a tagging system for each item should exist with a responsible person controlling the items is required to stop repeats of this happening again.

It would appear that there is no system in place with the stewards to stop this happening again.
As others have stated previously a locked area and a tagging system for each item should exist with a responsible person controlling the items is required to stop repeats of this happening again.
What about something similar to what they have in supermarkets for trolleys?

UPDATE: I have been in contact with Alan who is overwhelmed by the donations. After just giving fees a total of £740 was raised which will not only fully cover the costs of a replacement Walker but will also allow for a large donation to MND Scotland. What a family this is
We as a support are truly awesome.

UPDATE: I have been in contact with Alan who is overwhelmed by the donations. After just giving fees a total of £740 was raised which will not only fully cover the costs of a replacement Walker but will also allow for a large donation to MND Scotland. What a family this is
not sure if there's any way to secure it, but maybe buy a bike lock for it as well.

This worries me, we are thinking of getting my old mum a wee wheelchair to get her from where my brother parks to the stadium, hopefully to store it and use it to go back, but if there is not a method of safe storing it’s a bit worrying. Would like to add, we took her yesterday and my son helped her through the turnstile at the West Enclosure , a steward noted her being helped and asked my son if she was being collected at the end , he said she was by my brother, the steward promised to get her out to him safely! He helped her to her seat, then with 10 minutes to go he and a female colleague came to her and told her to sit tight and wait till the rush was over, at the end they came and grabbed a wing each and helped her out to my waiting brother and nephew! Absolutely outstanding by the stewards and they really really made her day ! As an 81 year old she appreciates the old fashioned things like looking after the elderly and she has done nothing but rave about this to all her friends and family ! I messaged the SLO on Twitter, but if Greg is looking in the the stewards at the west enclosure 48& 49 entrance deserve a big thank you from my family !

The thief will be caught. I imagine there were not too many disabled fans in the section your friend was it due to reduced numbers.etc.
I would contact Rangers and get them to have a quick look at cctv.. will take them 10 minutes at the end of the game to check.. get the prick named and shamed or if not get him banned.

Sort of reminds me of a local court case from many years back. The sheriff asked the lorry driver before him why he had stolen another lorry's tarpaulin. "Because it was better than the one I had" came the reply !

Absolutely disgraceful incident that should never have been able to happen. FFS, centuries ago they came up with a system where you could leave a cloak when at a club and be given a ticket. They even had dedicated rooms for the cloaks (I forget what the room was called). With all the technology that's available nowadays, there's no excuse for there not being a secure system for leaving valuables. Unfortunately, disabled fans continue to get a second class experience (not just at Ibrox, but at most sporting venues).

Anyhoo, rant over!

So happy to see there's been a huge response in donating. Hope Alan gets sorted with a replacement soon. Given how much has been raised, it could be the most pimped out, badass mobility walker ever!!! Might I suggest this (but in Royal Blue, of course):

c6680681d90f949583c39749a9c56323.jpg

Surely the thief has to come back to the next home game with the stolen one. I would be waiting on them with a cop!

Amazing gesture guys, very kind.
I have a picture of the walker but technologically thick and not sure how to post. Thanks again. My mate was very emotional when I told him what everyone's done for him.
Difficult time when on top of the illness, he's faced with more than the price of my 1st flat to adjust his home to make it easy access and a shower room. This was a cost that he could do without.
Has he looked at this with regards he cost of adapting his home

Seem to remember other day a fellow bear posted regards where's a safe place to lock his push bike up on match day , I thought what's the big issue .Now I've read this thread about a swapped walker in bad state it makes you wonder what kind of society we live in .

Outrageous scummy behaviour to steal a walker. My dad struggled with mobility issues for the last few years of his life and missed getting to games. For a fellow bear to have the thing that allows him to get around - not just to see us but for his daily life, nabbed is disgusting.
I should hope that the club identifies and deals with the culprit appropriately.
Stay strong Alan!

Back