Josh Doig leaving Hibs?

West Ham, Arsenal or Leeds going by all the reports.

Not sure it’s the right move for Doig.

Call me a liar for one decent cross out of many. The point I was trying to make was that eithout an end product all his impressive forays going forward count for nothing. The lad has promise but still a long way too go.
No one is calling you a liar bar yourself but to state Bassey never got across in is just not true at all.

Call me a liar for one decent cross out of many. The point I was trying to make was that eithout an end product all his impressive forays going forward count for nothing. The lad has promise but still a long way too go.
Can you remember Borna and Tavs first seasons? And they came as much more established players than Bassey did. The boy will be excellent in years to come. This site is mental.

And Doing doesn't have a long way to go?

Did you watch a lot of Hibs games last year?

I got slaughtered last season for commenting about Bassey not being good enough and I’m still of the same opinion.

if Borna is going to be out long term and we have to rely on Bassey then I’m not convinced at all.

Bassey positioning for one has and will be exposed time after time and his delivery into the box is shocking. He was brought in as a project player, something to build on.

against experienced players he will be severely exposed

He’s a no bad player, direct and always putting in dangerous looking balls. Not worth £5 mill tho

Good luck to the boy if he goes down south.
If we have £5 million to spend it should be on other areas of the team. We have left back covered. Aribo is a better left back than Doig :))

Bassey has been impressive in pre-season and yesterday with his desire to drive forward at every opportunity. However in the games that I have seen, especially yesterday, he hasn't delivered one decent cross, his end product destroys all his previous good work.

IMHO, he really has to work on his crossing before he is a threat to Borna for the no.3 shirt.
I’d agree with that, however Doig is far from the finished article as well. He got hooked in the Scottish Cup Final as he was getting destroyed.

Leeds need an LB, Alioski and Douglas away. Would play WB under Bielsa; what an opportunity. 3 LBs in Premier League for S NT. a donkey for a right back, well, an o’donkey.

He got into great positions but his delivery was poor for the best part.
That said, he’s better than Doig.
I certainly don’t want the Hibs player replacing him.
I thought the same yesterday. He had a good game but his delivery is dreadful, don't think any of his crosses looked like finding a blue jersey. Maybe I'm spoilt from watching Borna for three seasons.

He’s far from the finished article. EPL sides can afford that kind of fee for development players, which is what he is. We absolutely don’t need him and I’d be amazed if we spent anything like that on a player that wasn’t first team ready.

I got slaughtered last season for commenting about Bassey not being good enough and I’m still of the same opinion.

if Borna is going to be out long term and we have to rely on Bassey then I’m not convinced at all.

Bassey positioning for one has and will be exposed time after time and his delivery into the box is shocking. He was brought in as a project player, something to build on.

Genuinely can’t believe people on this think Bassey is better than him. He’s not. Not even close.

Some fans taken in by Shirley wearing the bucket hat

Leeds, Arsenal rumoured to be interested and a championship team as well. I think minimum they will get is 5m for him. Which would be great business for Hibs, they already rejected 3m offers for Nisbet saying the offers were disrespectful so I do not see Doig leaving for anything less than 5m.

I think someone will try and get Nisbet as well before the window closes.

Leeds need an LB, Alioski and Douglas away. Would play WB under Bielsa; what an opportunity. 3 LBs in Premier League for S NT. a donkey for a right back, well, an o’donkey.
Well apart from signing left back Junior Firpo the other day for €15m of course

Utter pish. He’s done very well on the whole when he’s posted for us.

And Doing doesn't have a long way to go?

Did you watch a lot of Hibs games last year?
The post has nothing to do with Doig, it is about our own player, Calvin Bassey.

I actually posted in another thread (believe it might have been on Friday) that I saw Doig in 4 live games last season, 3 against us, the other being the Cup final against St Johnstone. I thought he had a very good game against us at Ibrox at Xmas time but IMHO was poor in the other 3 games.

Honestly the whole Bassey vs Doig narrative on FF is bizarre tbh. People think we should spend silly money on him to play second fiddle to Borna. Or worse yet, I've seen certain posts in the past, saying that we should sign Doig and sell Barisic. It's weird.

What planet do you people live on? On what planet would we ever spend £5 million on a left back from Hibs who has had one good season? It's not the 90s or early 2000s anymore lads.

Back