Josh Doig leaving Hibs?

I heard that twat Michael Stewart on Radio Scotland after Jack Ross said that it looked likely that Doig was off.
Someone in the studio (or wherever) said he had been linked with Leeds and another couple of English clubs but Stewart said something along the lines of “Oh, don’t be so sure about that. He might be staying in this country” and of course he refused to mention which club.
Judging by the glee in his voice he obviously meant Celtc but I doubt very much they are going to spend the type of cash required to get him.
We all know how celtc's last negotiation with Hibs went.

I would imagine it would be a very quick phone call this time round. If celtc couldn't commit to the asking fee in a one off payment from the off the phone would be put down rapid fashion never to be picked up again.

Hibs will know they don't need to jump at the first offer, they have a player down South doing the business who was sold at a very reasonable price for EPL terms.

They will get their 5 mill. Good for them!

Glad the Tim's ain't getting him as he would improve them and he's still very young. We need to start getting good fees for our players and stop underselling them. Hibs making some good money recently especially if mcginn gets a big move.

If he’s going down south then that’s good news for us. I rate the player and wouldn’t of wanted to see him moving to the piggery.
Wrong timing for us with Barasic being here and in his prime. Bassey is a capable replacement in the meantime and has the opportunity this season to get more game time and improve.

Honestly the whole Bassey vs Doig narrative on FF is bizarre tbh. People think we should spend silly money on him to play second fiddle to Borna. Or worse yet, I've seen certain posts in the past, saying that we should sign Doig and sell Barisic. It's weird.

What planet do you people live on? On what planet would we ever spend £5 million on a left back from Hibs who has had one good season? It's not the 90s or early 2000s anymore lads.
Still got a way to go to beat "sell Barisic and bring in Greg Taylor!" :eek:

Apart from the cross he planted perfectly on Wrights head.

Seems bizarre writing off a 21 year old who has looked great in pre-season and just finished his first season as a 1st team player.

I think the fact Gerrard felt comfortable starting him without putting Borna on the bench as back-up speaks volumes on how highly he is rated within the club.

The only reason he has played is because Borna hasn’t been fit and was at the Euros. If he had been fit he would be no where near the team.

It was a very easy mistake to make to be fair there was a Ross Jack who played for Dunfermline and a few other Scottish teams who then became a manager . Hardly a mile out but hey ho:( my bad

2021Davie don’t bother your backside it’s an easy mistake to make sir

Did you see Doig on the cup final? He was rancid and if Bassey had put in that performance he'd have been written off.

Bassey is a good young player who will get better, mad how much criticism he gets on here.
Bassey has plenty of attributes. His crossing was a bit erratic yesterday but this can be developed, along with other aspects of his game.

We don't have to have big Calvin playing the Borna role completely - we've
got Kent to cross for us on the left (remember when we used to play the Overlap?).

We often talk about "the front 3 being interchangeable" and we already have a system of cover when one of our wing-backs are high up the park - we're fine!

Edit: even more so when Jacko returns!

A player we should be looking at IMO.
I Disagree and yo7 can be sure we have looked a him.. I’m happy for us that keep identifying players for next to nothing, better value to be had than paying millions for a Scottish player

Bad timing I guess.
I wish we could have him but with Borna and Bassey at the club, I can't see that happening.

I want us to buy Scottish but it's not the right time, £5m is too much in my opinion.
Leeds can buy him at that price and they just lost their left back Alioski.

He got into great positions but his delivery was poor for the best part.
That said, he’s better than Doig.
I certainly don’t want the Hibs player replacing him.

Some elements of his game are good but Bassey's ability to cross a ball needs to drastically improve if he is to have a long term future at the club.

It is pivotal to our stay of play to have players at left and right back who are good at crossing a ball, which we have at the moment with Tav and Borna who are both brilliant at delivering balls in the box.

Sounds like he’s going on loan to Forest as soon as soon as the permanent transfer is done.

Makes more sense.

Back