CL PO vs Olympiakos/Ludogorets if we beat Malmo- EL Draw Kairat/Alashkert if we lose.

I still think we took our eye off the ball against Slavia after the title win.
However id definitely rather play either of the two we have drawn than Slavia.

Not sure. They absolutely romped the league. Lost only once

Lost twice.

Atromitos 1-0 in September '20
Panathanaikos 2-1 in February '21

Lost the Greek Cup Final to PAOK 2-1 in May

Incidentally, they played Salzburg in pre season and were beaten 3-0.

Gutted 2nd leg away. It gives away a few percent chance.

Looks like Olympiakos have made a few signings to bed in. I think they are vulnerable against Ludogorets. Coaching staff also get a good look at them in these two matches.
Makes no difference anymore as the advantage used to be in relation to away goals

Reactions: TQ3
Like a lot of folks have mentioned for a plethora of reasons avoiding slavia is a fantastic result. Olympiakos are a massive team but so are we. Bring it on I say

Reactions: TQ3
Looking at previous round Olympiacos beat Neftci Baku of Azerbaijan 1-0 Home and Away with the first leg having a player sent off for each side.

Who are their standout players?

Olympiakos WILL be tough. They gave Arsenal a hell of a tie last season. They’re a good side, physical too. Don’t think we have a good record in Greece either.

We can do them though, at our best.

Need to deal with Malmö first! But that is a great chance to get to the group stages. But remember, beating Malmö guarantees us more prize money than winning the SPFL, regardless of the Olympiakos tie.

Will still be tough but if we can get past Malmo, Olympiakos or Ludogorets is the 'easiest tie' we could have hoped for.

Would we say olympiakos are a weaker side than slavia? I had a quick look at their squad list just now and my initial thoughts are that player for player they are a level below slavia.

It's champions league qualifier so won't be easy but nothing to fear beat better in the past couple of years with arguably a weaker squad

Gutted 2nd leg away. It gives away a few percent chance.

Looks like Olympiakos have made a few signings to bed in. I think they are vulnerable against Ludogorets. Coaching staff also get a good look at them in these two matches.
They also don't start their season until after the first leg of the playoff.

The best draw on paper

Beat a Swedish and Greek or Bulgarian team to make the CL group stages?

We couldn't have hand picked a better draw

Get past Malmö and we have a chance.

Out of the teams we could have drawn I think that was the kindest for us. Considering every single one of them was going to be tough.

There were only 10,000 fans at Olympiakos first home qualifier so not sure if it’ll be a full house by the time we play them.

Looking at previous round Olympiacos beat Neftci Baku of Azerbaijan 1-0 Home and Away with the first leg having a player sent off for each side.

Sokratis, Mvilla, Onyekuru and Valbuena are probably the biggest names (no pun intended).

Onyekuru is a really decent player, and Valbuena although ageing - is still a good player.

El Arabi up front is a goal machine.

Would we say olympiakos are a weaker side than slavia? I had a quick look at their squad list just now and my initial thoughts are that player for player they are a level below slavia.
I’d say they are a tougher draw. They are about equal in coefficients but Olympiakos a much bigger club and have longer pedigree at this level and will have a hostile home crowd in.

If they are of a similar level to Slavia I’ll be quite happy, as stated earlier Slavia didn’t beat us because they had better players they beat us because they were wily, cynical and used the dark arts where needed.

We will have learned from that

Mady Camara who got sent off is probably their best player. A dynamic physical central midfielder. One to watch out for.

Hopefully a full Ibrox against Malmö can make a huge difference next week and imagine if we get through what it will be like against the Greeks.

i will be in Greece on holiday when we potentially play Olympiakos away. I hope the locals dont mind me

Sokratis, Mvilla, Onyekuru and Valbuena are probably the biggest names (no pun intended).

Onyekuru is a really decent player, and Valbuena although ageing - is still a good player.

El Arabi up front is a goal machine.
Valbuena is still a sensational wee player - if nothing else our fans will enjoy seeing him up close . A genuine entertainer and baller .

Back