CL PO vs Olympiakos/Ludogorets if we beat Malmo- EL Draw Kairat/Alashkert if we lose.

Happy with that but wish we had the home game 2nd, its even more important now away goals don't count as double.
So if we beat Malmö we would prob want Olympiacos at Ibrox before they are up to speed. Concern with heat over there. Be looking for a 2 goal lead min to be comfortable.

So if we beat Malmö we would prob want Olympiacos at Ibrox before they are up to speed. Concern with heat over there. Be looking for a 2 goal lead min to be comfortable.
It’s one of the most intimidating atmospheres in Europe , coupled with the heat I’d want at least a 3 goal lead going there . Also we can’t kill the tie with an away goal now either since the crazy rule change .

Clearly looks like Olympiacos will be who we meet who are about our level I'd say so will be a tough game for us. (as long as we beat Malmo)

I'd say we are 50/50 to get through based on their recent European record, and they'll fancy their chances vs us.

More than happy if we beat Malmö and qualify for the Europa . Just do not see what the fuss is about with the CL these days . I get the finances are a wee bit more than the Europa , but it’s not as enjoyable a competition .

I had that very conversation about the EL versus the CL this morning Davie, but given where the club has been, and still is to an extent, financially I really would like us to get there, even though the football wouldn’t be as enjoyable from our selfish point of view.

It’s one of the most intimidating atmospheres in Europe , coupled with the heat I’d want at least a 3 goal lead going there . Also we can’t kill the tie with an away goal now either since the crazy rule change .
The heat will be a concern but I think the players will cope with the atmosphere. They’ve played the likes of Legia Warsaw and Spartak Moscow away from home and coped as well as played in countless Old Firm games.

Away goal suited us. We were very effective and almost always score away from home.

All eyes on Malmö.

The CL would be incredible but we’re guaranteed £20m-ish by beating Malmö and going into the EL groups, which is not bad at all.

The way I look at it if we made it through to the groups and were drawn against the likes of Ludogorets or Olympiacos then it would be our ambition to finish ahead of them in the groups. Not going to be easy, but I trust this team to do the job

Clearly looks like Olympiacos will be who we meet who are about our level I'd say so will be a tough game for us. (as long as we beat Malmo)

I'd say we are 50/50 to get through based on their recent European record, and they'll fancy their chances vs us.
Clearly?
If anything it’s a 50/50 tie

I'm hoping to get Ludogorets.
I have an apartment in Bulgaria, although it's a few hours away from Razgrad ( where they play), I'd love to see the Rangers over there
At the moment Bulgaria has the UK on the red list but things are changing every day.
According to some Bulgarian friends I have this mob are very poorly supported but they do have a sugar daddy who bank rolled the wages to attract the better players.
These are selfish reasons & I don't think they will beat Olympiakos but I will be looking with interest

I'm hoping to get Ludogorets.
I have an apartment in Bulgaria, although it's a few hours away from Razgrad ( where they play), I'd love to see the Rangers over there
At the moment Bulgaria has the UK on the red list but things are changing every day.
According to some Bulgarian friends I have this mob are very poorly supported but they do have a sugar daddy who bank rolled the wages to attract the better players.
These are selfish reasons & I don't think they will beat Olympiakos but I will be looking with interest
Why do you have a flat in Bulgaria if I can ask mate ? Seems a bit unusual

If we get through, what order are the games?

Would’ve assumed home first, but it’s the same order of teams as when we were drawn with Malmö and the home game is last there…

Apologies if already mentioned.

North of £30m?
You’re saying that but we don’t get nothing for making the Europa league . If we beat Malmö then lose to the Greeks we get a £5 million parachute payment straight away , then about £15 million for the Europa groups including gate and prize money .

You’re saying that but we don’t get nothing for making the Europa league . If we beat Malmö then lose to the Greeks we get a £5 million parachute payment straight away , then about £15 million for the Europa groups including gate and prize money .
Even that’s a £10m difference.
That could be two players at the Veerman level.

Back